Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1197592445812232192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Let's see what talktotransformer has to say about CYBRTRK.

quote:

Elon Musk got out of his cybertruck, iced the SUV's front end in place, and then mounted the crushed-up cybertruck on a motor scooter to continue his journey to his next stop, Victoria B.C., about 200 kilometres west of Vancouver. About six kilometres east, Mr. Musk crossed a bridge over a tunnel and stopped in Victoria. "I can't believe that I did it. It was as fast as I have ever driven. I was grinning the whole time," he said.

quote:

"Check out my Cybertruck!" Musk shouted out, pointing to his creation, a detachable cargo vessel the size of a barge with rocket-propelled tubes snaking through its sides. It resembled an oversized sea otter floating in a sliver of water, then stepped onto a platform to embark on a flight to Mars.

quote:

"Behold... CYBRTRK," Elon screamed.

They heard the roar, the roar of a lot of electric motors spinning simultaneously, roaring for the right gear shift and the right speed. The magneto hummed as he spun around, along with the 478s, 40s, 16s and 10s and their safety belts.

When he drove the 160s straight down that hill, the cameras were wide-eyed and befuddled.

quote:

"My Cybrtrk brings all the Bazingas to the yard," explained Elon Musk. He pointed to his Solar roof. "For my entire life, I've been at a loss for where to store all the bloop bloop bloop the entire month. "For the past 6 weeks, my garage has been my laundry room. There is a lot of bloop bloop. It's not making me any money, but it's been good for me to catch up on the Mail."

quote:

The Cybrtrk pointed directly at Mars, and then slammed into the planet. This blast destroyed most of the orbiter's armaments, and caused it to crash-land on Mars.

As the probes began returning from their loops around the red planet, NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR) was also awakened. This incredible instrument searched for signatures of ancient nuclear explosions on Mars.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A quote made by Nikola Tesla shortly before his death in 1943.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/gravislizard/status/1197966937763958784

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

infernal machines posted:

they have to build it in a tent because their attempt to overhaul the production line failed so badly and the things have massive QC failures. their run up to producing 5k a month resulted in a 14% first pass yield, meaning 86% of the vehicles they built were so hosed up they couldn't even "factory gate" them and they required significant rework to be salable.

they certainly didn't not gently caress up on the model 3

wait- are they still being built in a tent?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

is the lawsuit for this still moving? this was when i went from thinking musk was just a harmless dipshit to actually hating him

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yup. afaik the tent line is still active

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wait- are they still being built in a tent?

lol

follow ur heart~

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

well.... at least as of july this year :cripes:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quoting for this page

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it belongs in a museum

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

So they tried to swat him... cool cool cool

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

graph posted:

quoting for this page

i can't stop thinking about elon in his cool guy motorcycle jacket and 3" ultralift shoes standing in front of his busted rear end triangle car

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

love the triangle though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Grace Baiting posted:

love the triangle though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkOr12AQpnU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/alexqarbuckle/status/1197946540712759296?s=20

mystes
May 31, 2006

Yikes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

refleks posted:

So they tried to swat him... cool cool cool

oh cool theres more

https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1197592612372267008

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i don't think they're building front or side airbags into anything that resembles this

i'm the skullcracker dashboard

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

i can't stop thinking about elon in his cool guy motorcycle jacket and 3" ultralift shoes standing in front of his busted rear end triangle car

gotta wear all black layers to hide your fat aging drug riddled rear end

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm the skullcracker dashboard

apparently it feels like foam irl

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

apparently it feels like foam irl

much like the rest of the car truck

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs86X_IQJJo

love the hyper loop cameo

also it’s totally just a reskinned model x

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Endless Mike posted:

he's right that the design necessarily followed the material selection, the problem is that calling it "innovative" is ignoring that there's virtually no good reason to use stainless steel for the body of a consumer vehicle

there’s a perfectly good reason, albeit not one that an automaker usually likes

enjoy this vid by forums poster donoteat01 on the Budd Company and why it no longer exists, one of the reasons being the properties of stainless steel

(this is the same awesome dude who extensively dunked on hyperloop btw, anyone who enjoyed that should click this)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CEjozE--YrY

note that The Budd Company was able to form and weld curved stainless panels many, many decades ago. which is relevant since EVs need good smooth-curve aero shapes to have decent range, and man is the polygonmobile Not That.

Bulgakov posted:

the big brain power move of demanding bullet proof windows instead of shatter resistant

you don’t want shatter resistant side windows either. you want tempered shatter-prone glass like all normal automakers use, for safety. when any fracture starts in a properly tempered glass panel, within milliseconds it spiderwebs and propagates so the entire thing disintegrates into a million tiny pieces. this is better than stronger glass because after it shatters there is no remaining piece with the size and structural integrity required to give you a deep wound. you can get superficial cuts from the debris, but not deep gashes that’ll bleed you out before an ambulance arrives.

even when it doesn’t get hit and therefore doesn’t break in the initial crash, tempered glass is good for emergency egress. first responders (or you) can quickly and safely remove an entire window merely by swinging a small tool with a pointy tip. all it takes is enough force to make a small chip and the entire thing will poof away. i keep an emergency flashlight in my car which has a little pointy tip on the butt end for this.

windshields are the exception to the tempered glass rule, because people don’t like their windshield disappearing every time a rock gets kicked up into it. modern safety windshields are composite structures with two panes of non tempered glass sandwiching a polymer core. the polymer is extremely tough so even when the glass fractures the pieces are usually held together by the polymer core. this reduces occurrence of one of the old school fatal injury sources, foot long razor sharp chunks of windshield glass set free to seek out occupants’ necks, femoral arteries, etc.

composite windshields are much more expensive than (and less safe than) tempered glass, but probably a decent compromise for that specific application. everything else should be tempered, unless you’re building an armored car and expect the risk of getting shot at to outweigh the crash safety problems.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:3:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

BobHoward posted:

you don’t want shatter resistant side windows either. you want tempered shatter-prone glass like all normal automakers use, for safety. when any fracture starts in a properly tempered glass panel, within milliseconds it spiderwebs and propagates so the entire thing disintegrates into a million tiny pieces. this is better than stronger glass because after it shatters there is no remaining piece with the size and structural integrity required to give you a deep wound. you can get superficial cuts from the debris, but not deep gashes that’ll bleed you out before an ambulance arrives.

bobhoward posts are always informative, so imagine my dismay at the implication that I would rather have superficial cunts than deep gashes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoothObeseLadiesChocolateRain

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

add another 'something i thought was law because every car company everywhere does it but no turns out tesla just doesn't give a poo poo' to the list, i guess

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

gschmidl posted:

normally i find neural network gibberish tedious but these are fantastic

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gschmidl posted:

quote:

"My Cybrtrk brings all the Bazingas to the yard,"

this is a strong contender for a thread title

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
they didn't bother with making the glass safe on the cybertruck because you're at far greater risk of getting cut on the truck's sharp angles anyway

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

ol qwerty bastard posted:

they didn't bother with making the glass safe on the cybertruck because you're at far greater risk of getting cut on the truck's sharp angles anyway

The perfect vehicle for the ultimate edgelord

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

"what inspired the design of this truck?"
"i was playing Red Faction: Guerrilla, took a break to smoke some weed, DMT, and Salvia, and I thought, 'if I worked at Ultor, what would my Mars truck look like?'"

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
for some reason my brain intermingles red faction and c&c renegade

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lancemantis posted:

for some reason my brain intermingles red faction and c&c renegade

renegade was also boxy AF

presumably no one's made the comparison because no one remembers it exists

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Roosevelt posted:

he looks like goddamn wayne newton

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

renegade was also boxy AF

presumably no one's made the comparison because no one remembers it exists

that’s where the hubcap design came from!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

my IRL friends are making fun of me because I hate the truck but love brutalism

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
the powerwall 2 has some pretty amazing secfucks in it

it exposes a management web gui over wifi. the wifi password is trivial to guess based on the ssid (which is broadcasted, of course) and it's not possible to change it, nor to turn off the wifi

once you connect to wifi you can gently caress with the power metering in software to do all sorts of shenanigans; in fact it seems really easy to destroy/set fire to the unit :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

TheFluff posted:

the powerwall 2 has some pretty amazing secfucks in it

it exposes a management web gui over wifi. the wifi password is trivial to guess based on the ssid (which is broadcasted, of course) and it's not possible to change it, nor to turn off the wifi

once you connect to wifi you can gently caress with the power metering in software to do all sorts of shenanigans; in fact it seems really easy to destroy/set fire to the unit :pwn:

loving amazing

..also unsurprising