Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

gently caress it, +1 on the butt washing robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

TraderStav posted:

I should be able to tap into the light switch and put an outlet in off of that, right? Think that will reduce the work involved greatly if so. Should be able to minimally impact drywall and such if so.

But duly noted regardless.

Sorry bud, that's over my pay grade. I know two things:

1. I would do anything my rear end-washing robot asked of me, including murder

and

2. It's adamant about being plugged into a GFCI outlet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TraderStav posted:

Finally broke down and ordered the bidet, it's the last day of the sale. I haven't told my wife yet and we've never discussed the idea. I think she'll laugh at me.

No plug in the bathroom, so will need to run an extension cord until I determine that it's going to work for me then I'll install an outlet.

I have weird American shame/anxiety about buying this thing that I've never tried but by god everyone swears by it. Hilariously enough, this is the comment on the slickdeals thread that sold me on it:

what brand are ya'll buying? costco has a bunch and im getting decision paralysis

the brondell looks fine, bio bidet seems maybe best bang for the buck. i guess totot is the gold standard but maybe a bit moree than i want to spend and im not sure if it's worth it?

i've got a nearly perfectly round toilet bowl so that might limit options some but seems like most come in either oval or circle form.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
technically it doesn't need to be a GFCI outlet, just an outlet that's on a GFCI. These days some houses have GFCI circuit breakers, and one GFCI in the circuit (eg an outlet in another bathroom or something) protects the whole circuit. So you may already have one and not know it.

Man, I'm thinking about it, but I want to replace my round toilets with extended for my extended rear end, so I don't know whether to buy a round one and enjoy it this winter, or buy it in the expectation of maybe replacing it next spring, or just hustle up and replace the toilets sooner rather than later :sigh:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

what brand are ya'll buying? costco has a bunch and im getting decision paralysis

I went with the Bio Bidet USPA 6800

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Enos Cabell posted:

I went with the Bio Bidet USPA 6800

yeah thinking about that one. any issues with it? did you go with round or oval?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

yeah thinking about that one. any issues with it? did you go with round or oval?

I just ordered an hour ago so no issues yet! Shape is gonna depend on the toilet you're putting it on, mine are round.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Paul MaudDib posted:

technically it doesn't need to be a GFCI outlet, just an outlet that's on a GFCI. These days some houses have GFCI circuit breakers, and one GFCI in the circuit (eg an outlet in another bathroom or something) protects the whole circuit. So you may already have one and not know it.

Man, I'm thinking about it, but I want to replace my round toilets with extended for my extended rear end, so I don't know whether to buy a round one and enjoy it this winter, or buy it in the expectation of maybe replacing it next spring, or just hustle up and replace the toilets sooner rather than later :sigh:

Yes, any outlets that are on the circuit after the GFCI are protected. You can test by plugging something into the plugs and testing the fault interrupt on the GFCI outlet. If you lose power then you're protected.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Xaris posted:

I went with the BioBidet - installed it a few days ago. It's pretty awesome and pretty easy to install. No regrets on this one.

The instructions only insisted on a grounded outlet (that I'm remember), not GFCI specifically. But if you install an outlet in your bathroom make sure it's GFCI as that's code.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

pacerhimself posted:

Yes, any outlets that are on the circuit after the GFCI are protected. You can test by plugging something into the plugs and testing the fault interrupt on the GFCI outlet. If you lose power then you're protected.

And then enjoy the fun of finding out what else was on that GFCI and where the hell you reset it.

I once lost power to several random places in my old house due to water getting in an outside outlet during pressure washing. The actual GFCI outlet was near the washer and dryer on the opposite side of the house and the buttons were not visible due to some large device plugged into that outlet.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

BeastOfExmoor posted:

And then enjoy the fun of finding out what else was on that GFCI and where the hell you reset it.

I once lost power to several random places in my old house due to water getting in an outside outlet during pressure washing. The actual GFCI outlet was near the washer and dryer on the opposite side of the house and the buttons were not visible due to some large device plugged into that outlet.

yup, I did this too, we had some power outages this summer and some unexpected outlets turned out to be attached to a GFCI outlet. Unexpected outlets that happened to be running my chest freezer. :smith:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I grabbed the early Black Friday Samsung 58" TV deal for $379, along with a 4k Apple TV. Just ridiculous compared to the 1080 shitbox from college I've had for 15 years. PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah I have an 8 year old Vizio, which is perfectly FINE. But im really tempted to get a new one. The only size I need for my small apartment is a 46 inch and those are cheap as hell.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a 4ish year old 55" 4K Vizio as well that I got from Costco. It was actually a great purchase not only because it's a fine TV but because my credit card wasn't working and they were closing so they suggested I sign up for the Costco CC. Fate it seems... is not without being cool sometimes.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Going to finish that pie by myself before Thursday.

PBUC

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pie crust must be toasted before it's good.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I miss the pie sized dish of cinnamon rolls. I would dominate one of those over a week.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Pie crust must be toasted before it's good.

Tell me more, are you suggesting that I put this back in the oven at some point? Or take a creme brulee torch to the crust?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TraderStav posted:

Tell me more, are you suggesting that I put this back in the oven at some point? Or take a creme brulee torch to the crust
Oven. The moisture from the pie leaks into the crust after A-day or 2. It ends up getting pretty mushy and gross, but if you throw it in the oven it'll crisp it right up.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Oven. The moisture from the pie leaks into the crust after A-day or 2. It ends up getting pretty mushy and gross, but if you throw it in the oven it'll crisp it right up.

Ok. Let's get detailed here. I don't plan to eat this all in one sitting. For each piece that I cut, I should pop that piece in the oven. At what, 350 for 10?

By the way, excellent gang tag.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just stopped there for gas and socks. Got my merino wool socks, batteries (no idea why) and they had these protein bars with amazing macros. They have 16 grams of fiber. I think my Fiber One bars only have 9 and they're designed to have fiber.

:yum:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I love CPP but have never tried the giant church version. I'm scared my weak self control will result in me eating the whole thing in like 2-3 days.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Minto Took posted:

I miss the pie sized dish of cinnamon rolls. I would dominate one of those over a week.

They had them at my local chapter yesterday. Took significant self control to not.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just stopped there for gas and socks. Got my merino wool socks, batteries (no idea why) and they had these protein bars with amazing macros. They have 16 grams of fiber. I think my Fiber One bars only have 9 and they're designed to have fiber.

:yum:

I'm always yearning for a quality poop, what's the brand of those protein bars?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Actually they're Kirkland Signature Protein Bars. I don't think I've seen them before. I have the Premier Protein shakes and I think a long time ago I got some sort of bar at Costco before but I don't think it was Kirkland brand.

21-22g of protein as well.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I'm not doing protein bars rn but I was using them a bunch earlier this year and the Kirkland are the best I used, would never imagine buying another brand of that's available

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
They’re discontinued here, rip. The cookie dough ones are the best protein bar I’ve tried.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Lazyhound posted:

They’re discontinued here, rip. The cookie dough ones are the best protein bar I’ve tried.

They came back at my local after about a years absence! Hold hope and fill out those comment cards

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Lazyhound posted:

All four are in stock in NJ. I hope that doesn't change. I've also buckled to peer pressure and bought the ham. I'm hosting thanksgiving and Christmas, so hopefully we can do justice to this huge ham.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

TraderStav posted:

Ok. Let's get detailed here. I don't plan to eat this all in one sitting. For each piece that I cut, I should pop that piece in the oven. At what, 350 for 10?

I usually put the whole pumpkin pie in the oven. 350 for 20-30 minutes sounds about right; just check on it to make sure it doesn't burn. That gets the crust crispier and it lasts okay in the fridge for a few days. I suppose I could reheat individual slices in the toaster oven, but I actually prefer cold pumpkin pie, so I don't bother.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Lazyhound posted:

For everyone's info, the Costco website has 40 packs of each individual flavor that are fresher than the ones in the warehouses, if you have one flavor that's your jam it's v worthwhile

Namaste and Costco bless

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The box to box consistency of the Kirkland protein bars is terrible.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lazyhound posted:

these are the poo poo

https://www.costco.com/chef%27s-robert-irvine%27s-fit-crunch-whey-protein-bar%2C-chocolate-peanut-butter%2C-18-count.product.100401360.html

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got the kirkland protein bars once thinking they might be good snacks for work but not at all. I really didn't care for the taste either, had a real strong artificial sweetener aftertaste.

Went back to the standby of the sweet n salty granola bars but I'm kinda burned out on those now. Need something to keep my tummy from rumbling between the 3:30pm doldrums and quittin' time.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

priznat posted:

I got the kirkland protein bars once thinking they might be good snacks for work but not at all. I really didn't care for the taste either, had a real strong artificial sweetener aftertaste.

Went back to the standby of the sweet n salty granola bars but I'm kinda burned out on those now. Need something to keep my tummy from rumbling between the 3:30pm doldrums and quittin' time.

Fig bars.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Those are really good and I find it hard to believe the nutrition info. It's like more candy barrish than a snickers. I don't get it.

Like if I were given a choice between a super unhealthy candy bar and the Irvine protein bar, I'd shove Robert Irvine in me.

priznat posted:

I generally don't have high hopes for protein bars. A lot of them are really cardboardish/chewy/dry. I don't eat them for the taste but it really helps getting them down. I'll probably try one of these tomorrow.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 24, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

priznat posted:

Our Co carries Nature Valley dark chocolate peanut butter granola bars that have 10g of protein.

The price is really good too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TraderStav posted:

For each piece that I cut, I should pop that piece in the oven. At what, 350 for 10?

By the way, excellent gang tag.
Around there. Maybe 15? I usually keep an eye on the crust and once it starts getting golden is a good time to pull it. Your tastes may vary.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

All of the kirkland proteins bars are pretty good imo, except the cookies and cream one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Slider posted:

All of the kirkland proteins bars are pretty good imo, except the cookies and cream one.

I was sad when my church didn't have those+peanut butter.

My favorite was peanut butter but I liked the cookies and cream too. Texture was by far the gooest but I liked that.