Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

overtime's subs for Zero-One episode 11 just dropped for anyone waiting on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pretty sure after episode 11 that Zaia is the main bad guy

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
So far I can already kinda glean how Thouser's gonna be made. Since Aruto told Amatsu "No," he's gonna get all pissy and show how much BETTER ZAIA is at making Rider systems, hence why Thouser's decked out in gold and literally says "Presented by ZAIA" in the jingle.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Now that I'm losing weight I'm incredibly into the Baltan and Kanegon jackets in this collection but oof they aren't cheap. :(

https://shop.switch-japan.com

Geez, how does Belial rate a jacket and Ultraman Zero doesn't

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Someone got the Shining Hopper Progrise Key. Most of the Shining Assault Hopper jingle is actually in the Shining Hopper key, not the Assault Trigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-8tTxrlrk
No chance of surviving this shot.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Trogglodyte posted:

So far I can already kinda glean how Thouser's gonna be made. Since Aruto told Amatsu "No," he's gonna get all pissy and show how much BETTER ZAIA is at making Rider systems, hence why Thouser's decked out in gold and literally says "Presented by ZAIA" in the jingle.

Glad after Bobby Kotick/Activision was the final boss in a rider show we're finally getting Apple as the final boss.

Slowly working our way up to Bandai Namco's and Toei's head offices being destroyed by a righteous rider kick.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Geez, how does Belial rate a jacket and Ultraman Zero doesn't

Right?!?

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

zero one. is still really good. and my rewatch of liveman is also finally resumed. -it's really good. i forgot how good this was/never noticed. (the mecha fights are still bad/way too short) but. it's good. ep 32,34, and 35 were all really solid. i also finally picked up Bioman again. Prince :smith: and watched Ultraseven 45 in prep for taiga 6. -it was also a really good ep. ..not that i could really tell what was happening in that fight.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
The synopsis for Reiwa: the First Generation has released.

Partial translation below:
-Aruto goes to work as usual but found out that he is now a wanted man responsible for terrorism.
-A Humagear called Will is now the new president of Hiden.
-The world is ruled by Humagears
-Jin and Horobi are no longer terrorist and are official executioner of an organization that upholds the law of Humagears' world.
-The change of history is caused by Finnis, the new Time Jacker.
-Her changing the history has also unexpectedly caused the Zio group to regained their lost memories.
-Sougo learns about the existence of Zero One and plans to find Aruto.

In addition, we have further demonstration of Ichigata and Rider's fixation with

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

BAD DADS BAD DADS BAD DADS BAD DADS BAD DADS BAD DADS BAD DADS
though I really just wanted an excuse to post more Ichigata because he looks loving amazing and is the best suit of the Reiwa era so far.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
So it appears that a leaker might have returned. 4chan's /m/ had a guy last year called "Netabare-san" (Mr. Leaker) who released several semi-detailed leaks about Kamen Rider and Super Sentai that were mostly accurate, including ETAs for certain trailers such as Cross-Z's V-Cinext and Lupinranger vs Patranger vs Kyuranger alongside never before seen screenshots of them. He also leaked the Super Sentai Battle Royale and the motif of Ryusoulger (Dinosaurs) before the toy catalogs released and confirmed both of these things.

Now, Netabare-san never used a tripcode to consistently identify himself, meaning he was easy to impersonate (and there were several), but he always had an ace up his sleeve: He had screenshots of trailers and scenes before anyone else, alongside images of toys and posters before anyone else, including low-res images of Grease's V-Cinext and Perfect Kingdom. He's done this again with the Geiz Majesty V-Cinema. I'd like to clarify a few details before I post anything: Netabare-san was never 100% correct. He claimed we would have Another Geiz in the show, and that Quiz and Kikai would return in some capacity for the show. Neither of these things happened. He claimed if Ryusoulger did worse than ToQGer, it'd be the end of Sentai for a little while. Ryusoulger did worse, but Kirameiger's trademark has been set. He mixed up the colors for the Ryusoulgers at one point, though corrected himself in the same thread. He claimed Build was slated to get a 12 episode mini-series, which never happened. He also claimed at one point Mad Rogue would get a V-Cinema. This didn't happen, and at the press conference for New World: Kamen Rider Grease, Kouhei Takeda actually joked about such a thing happening, which implies that information was circulating around Toei. Here are some other things he did confirm however:
-Another Zi-O (Who appeared in filming shoots within a week and a half of the confirmation)
-Master Ryusoulgers, including one being portrayed by Kamen Rider Ibuki's actor
-The format of the Ryusoulgers being four men and one woman

With all that "Take it with a grain of salt" out of the way, here's the basics that sort of back up this supposed reappearance:
-The new Geiz Majesty poster released the same day, which has happened twice now with Netabare-san
-It's within a day of SHT, just like the rest of his leaks
-The image he posted hasn't been found anywhere else by anyone yet.
-It has good news about Ultraman and that excites me

Now, here's the image and the leaks. I'm including the image so that people here, if they're doubtful, can try to find the source as well. I wouldn't post these if I didn't have some significant level of trust in the source. I will also say even if some of this is right, it's always been about 80-20 in Netabare-san's favor, so I won't say it's all apocrypha. Final note: These were posted at 10:58 AM EST, or 12:58 AM JST. I'm saying that in case the trailer comes out today and people think he got it from the trailer after it came out.

Netabare-san posted:

hello again,

i have more news:

kamen rider side:

new "spinoff" series like AMAZONS (another showa rider is use) is in plan. winter next year probable

sentai side:
bandai has downgraded sentai from "level a" property to "level b". new lower goals sighted for brand. ultraman be "level a" beginning in the next year

Edit: Oh, he actually posted twice more to answer someone's question and to cover one last detail. Including the images plus both posts:
Q:Why is KR going back to the two parter formula?

Netabare-san posted:

its a style by the writer and producer and director together, it will be not permanant, flow as story decide

bandai & tsuburaya want 1 year ultraman show FIELDS hesitant. toei look to ultramans for model of show (it may be length)

Netabare-san posted:

toei is happy at kamen rider as of now. there is hope taking forward with new staff . some staff feel satisfied with trainin of new staff. with sentai there is uncertainty. new staff members in the ryusoulger be frustrated, not allow to make sentai different. many at toei say it biggest reason the sentai cannot evolve. (dir may not return to sentai)

next sentai may be "different" but also "the same"

Trogglodyte fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 22, 2019

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bandai making Ultraman a Level A product line: :woop:

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
I was a little late to post it, but it also means Tsuburaya may do a full one year season soon. That's possibly a Monkey's Paw, given full season toku shows seem to fall on their face harder, but slower.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trogglodyte posted:

I was a little late to post it, but it also means Tsuburaya may do a full one year season soon. That's possibly a Monkey's Paw, given full season toku shows seem to fall on their face harder, but slower.

I'm hoping it means they'd have the resources to break away from the kind of rut they've been in lately, over relying on older suits and instead investing in new stuff. But we'll see.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

As long as they don't turn it into a Nexus-like slog where the same monster costume comes back for 2-3 consecutive episodes.

"Neodaxy came back as NEO-Neodaxy! He's twice as powerful now!"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Badger posted:

As long as they don't turn it into a Nexus-like slog where the same monster costume comes back for 2-3 consecutive episodes.

"Neodaxy came back as NEO-Neodaxy! He's twice as powerful now!"

That works to an extent

But yeah you can wear that out too. Nosferatu worked with how many times he was around because of his role in the story

Other monsters, not so much

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
In not as exciting but still pretty interesting news, there's gonna be a Complete Selection Modification-related event called "The Henshin" which shows off a bunch of belts in the CSM and DX toylines, plus exhibits about unreleased items. The big sell is they'll be showing off three prototype designs for transformation belts that are meant to represent "the future of transformation belts." The promo includes an example of one:

More details on the event are here: https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/rider/topics/detail/1093/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That stuff about Sentai seems to make plausible sense. The shows haven't been good over the past few seasons and while there are shining gems of potential in each season, it's been overall dire. The rigidity in the overall formula is definitely something that's an issue.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There was some Sentai series I watched the first episode of, where it looked like the team was going to be a teen girl, an old man, and I think a kid? It's been a while since I saw it so I don't really remember what the third one was. I was really excited for that because it was different and weird, but then it turned out that no they were just doing the regular early 20s age group as always

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Another potential supplemental piece of evidence to Netabare-san's claims. Bandai put out a fiscal report a couple weeks ago where they actually forecasted Ultraman's 2020 revenue would exceed Super Sentai's.
https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/cgi-bin/releases/index.cgi/file/view/9584?entry_id=6620 Check page 2, first table, black columns.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Gripweed posted:

There was some Sentai series I watched the first episode of, where it looked like the team was going to be a teen girl, an old man, and I think a kid? It's been a while since I saw it so I don't really remember what the third one was. I was really excited for that because it was different and weird, but then it turned out that no they were just doing the regular early 20s age group as always

That was Abaranger I believe.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Marvel is releasing Ultraman comics starting in 2020

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I guess I'm gettin' me some comics next year, then.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Marvel is also going to do Warhammer comics at the same time. We are now closer than ever to seeing Ultraman fight an Imperial Titan

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/1198254639457689601

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Blockhouse posted:

Marvel is releasing Ultraman comics starting in 2020
That headline is legit, but that image isn't representative of the pitch. That's just an Alex Ross rendition of Ultraman from a few years ago, he did it for a DVD box set IIRC. He also did one of Ultraseven that's really good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's done more than one of Ultraman and UltraSeven I believe.

They are trey sharp.

This I'm infinitely more wary of but that's because I dislike Marvel's owners more than anything.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd be waiting to see writers and artists since Marvel comics can swing wildly in quality but it's a good sign that Tsuburaya is wanting to bring more Ultraman out in English

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd be waiting to see writers and artists since Marvel comics can swing wildly in quality but it's a good sign that Tsuburaya is wanting to bring more Ultraman out in English

Yeah I will say- I do not trust Marvel, I do not like Disney, but this is still excellent for the brand and for Tsuburaya.

It's a true sign that they're moving forward and getting back into the swing of things, and speaks volumes to how much potential Ultraman has in the west. I'll never understand why Toei hasn't tried expanding the Kamen Rider brand like this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They did twice. One time was legendarily bad and the other faded into obscurity.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

As long as they have the quality of regular Marvel comics, I guess that's fine.

I'm still pretty nonplussed with the idea since the travesty of the Archie Comics version, which was supposed to be based on Ultraman Great but was simply awful in execution.

It started out okay, had semi-decent art but horrible, horrible writing that pitted Jack Shindo back against the Gudis, failing, and handing the reins to some other forgettable character. One of the few distinctions it had was to introduce an Ultraman Red and an Ultraman Blue, years before Gaia and Agul.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

They did twice. One time was legendarily bad and the other faded into obscurity.

Additionally, V3 also got an official subbed release in Hawaii, I believe Kamen Rider the First got an extremely limited DVD release in the west, and Kamen Rider Amazons (or at least the first season anyway) is subbed on Amazon Prime.

Speaking of Amazons, did anyone ever sub the movie? If so, is it any good?

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Kamen Rider Amazons: The Last Judgement got botched Google Translate subs, IIRC. Also TV-N likely subbed it. However, the movie itself isn't any good. It just feels like an unnecessary addition to the plot and sorta wastes character development as a whole, while also (actual huge spoiler)killing off Jin. If you want some action it's okay I guess.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

That stuff about Sentai seems to make plausible sense. The shows haven't been good over the past few seasons and while there are shining gems of potential in each season, it's been overall dire. The rigidity in the overall formula is definitely something that's an issue.

We've changed nothing and nothing is working! :confuoot:

Zero-One magazine scans are out. Pretty sure Assault Wolf only exists because they couldn't justify selling the assault trigger by itself :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have to seriously wonder, if this is true and Bandai is downgrading Sentai, could it be partly because they lost the Power Rangers license

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion posted:

I have to seriously wonder, if this is true and Bandai is downgrading Sentai, could it be partly because they lost the Power Rangers license

From what I understand Bandai of Japan and Bandai of America actually have very little to do with each other as companies

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
At the very least Toei never made that much money from Power Rangers. Most of the revenue went to Saban, apparently. Source is this article: https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/180991?page=2
The exact quote exchange here is:

Article posted:

――東映さんにも大きな収益につながったのではないでしょうか。
それは誤解ですね。利益の多くはサバンのところに行きましたが、東映には大して入らなかった(笑)。いまやサバン・エンターテインメントは巨大企業になっています。

Translation:
――"I think Mr. Toei made good profits."
"That's a misunderstanding. Most of the profits went to Saban, but Toei didn't receive much (laughs). Saban Entertainment's become huge now.

And in other news, we have a trailer for Geiz Majesty. The screenshots from the Netabare-san leaks appear here.
https://twitter.com/toei_rider_zio/status/1198398497990402049?s=21

And here is the synopsis: https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/356669

Geiz Majesty Synopsis posted:

It's September 2018, ordinary high school students are trying to decide their future.

Sogo talks about his dreams of becoming a king to Geiz, who is practicing for his dream of getting a medal in Judo. Meanwhile, Geiz is also secretly in love with Kutsukuyomi (Kutsu Kuyomi?).

However, Geiz is injured during a match, and, unable to recover from his wounds, lost his dreams.That day, a mysterious young man presents a Watch and Driver to him. “I'm Woz. I came to lead you to the path of Savior. Otherwise, Sogo will become the worst demon king in History.” In addition, a transfer student named Daiki Kaito appears in class...

Several different plots are intertwined. What will be the future of these high school students?

Trogglodyte fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 24, 2019

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Will be really pissed if Yaiba dies.
She's my favorite character, at this point everyone is expecting it, and I don't think I'm going to be able to recommend the series until the boys get their upgrades and she's okay.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Nah. While it's probably a fake-out in the latter's case, the two people currently on the chopping block are Ansatsu and Izu, according to the episode 13 preview.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's not the most expected time to kill her yet. The most expected thing to happen would be around Christmas Mr zaia betrays yua and rider kicks her to death in a scene mirroring Dangerous Zombie's debut with Lazer. Waiting for that to not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Didn't this whole YUA IS GONNA DIE thing start from a loving completely random 4chan post?

You people need to chill.