Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Slider posted:

All of the kirkland proteins bars are pretty good imo, except the cookies and cream one.

Cookies and cream is my least favorite, mostly because they are always harder to chew. The flavor is fine though. I've had good luck with all of the other bars for the past six months. It's like they shove six month old cookies and cream in with fresh chocolate peanut butter chunk or something. I wish they'd bring back the cinnamon flavor, but I think I was the only person who liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

GI_Clutch posted:

Cookies and cream is my least favorite, mostly because they are always harder to chew. The flavor is fine though. I've had good luck with all of the other bars for the past six months. It's like they shove six month old cookies and cream in with fresh chocolate peanut butter chunk or something. I wish they'd bring back the cinnamon flavor, but I think I was the only person who liked it.

Yeah, I liked every one of the Kirkland bars I've tried except for the cinnamon. Just couldn't do it, something about the cinnamon being oddly gritty to me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's the box I got. The cookies and cream and peanut butter something.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Those are really good and I find it hard to believe the nutrition info. It's like more candy barrish than a snickers. I don't get it.

Like if I were given a choice between a super unhealthy candy bar and the Irvine protein bar, I'd shove Robert Irvine in me.

Like half his career, it’s smoke and mirrors- 3g sugar, but a decent carb count and the main sweetener is sorbitol. If you don’t have an issue with those go nuts

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Just eat granola bars or fig bars if you want a snacky /energy boost. They are cheaper and generally taste better. If you are actually trying to build muscle (sorry, just eating protein doesn't build muscle), powders are a much more efficient vehicle.

The best at the co are the Kirkland nut bars.

I loving love these things and I always have one in my pocket while snowboarding, skiing or skating. Unfortunately they get melty as gently caress if you carry them on you in the summer, which makes the fig bars my favourites for lugging outdoors in the warmer months.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't eat protein bars for energy. Carbs are much better at that. I like Cliff bars for those, which Costco offers of course. And protein is 100% necessary to build muscle. No one thinks that just eating protein will make you have big muscles. I have Optimum Nutrition protein powder and the Costco Premier Protein shakes have more protein, less overall liquid, and better nutrition. I'm seriously surprised how good those things are.

That being said, I just had the peanut butter protein bar. Tastes like a gritty powerbar which is expected.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hope you got a variety of Kirkland Signature brand fiber supplements to go with that.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

why did my local churches stop selling cinnamon flavored gum? any 'co insiders here?

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

I don't eat protein bars for energy. Carbs are much better at that. I like Cliff bars for those, which Costco offers of course. And protein is 100% necessary to build muscle. No one thinks that just eating protein will make you have big muscles. I have Optimum Nutrition protein powder and the Costco Premier Protein shakes have more protein, less overall liquid, and better nutrition. I'm seriously surprised how good those things are.

That being said, I just had the peanut butter protein bar. Tastes like a gritty powerbar which is expected.

Sorry, I wrote my post pretty quickly and slammed that post button. It was a bit more preachy than I intended

There are a lot of people who just want a little snackypoo at their office jobs who buy protein bars and then complain that they don't taste good. Those people are generally much better served by other snack bars, and buy protein bars because of marketing.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got a Shield TV 2019 recently which supports Atmos, so I've been on the hunt for some Atmos without breaking the bank and the holy church has a 5.1.2 Vizio soundbar with satellite rears and sub AND Atmos top speakers for $300, usually $500. It sounds absolutely insane. I'm in the process of finishing my basement to build a projector setup and I'll definitely use this next year while I save for a full audio system.

Link to model: https://www.costco.com/vizio-sb36512-f6-36%22-5.1.2-home-theater-sound-system-and-wireless-subwoofer-with-dolby-atmos.product.100459820.html

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Math You posted:

Sorry, I wrote my post pretty quickly and slammed that post button. It was a bit more preachy than I intended

There are a lot of people who just want a little snackypoo at their office jobs who buy protein bars and then complain that they don't taste good. Those people are generally much better served by other snack bars, and buy protein bars because of marketing.

Oh definitely. There are much better products than a protein bar for a snack at work or even hiking or whatever.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Hope you got a variety of Kirkland Signature brand fiber supplements to go with that.

I picked up a huge bottle of Vitafusion fiber supplements at Costco last week. :colber:

Plus the protein bars have 15g of fiber. Most I've seen in any product ever. Even protein supplements and Metamucil.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I picked up a huge bottle of Vitafusion fiber supplements at Costco last week. :colber:

Plus the protein bars have 15g of fiber. Most I've seen in any product ever. Even protein supplements and Metamucil.

Soluble or insoluble fiber? If you're going for better poops, it makes a difference. They're both good for you though, just in different ways

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 24, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Soluble or insoluble fiber? If you're going for better poops, it makes a difference. They're both good for you though, just in different ways

The gummies are soluble and the bars and Fiber one bars just say "dietary" which is what I see advertised most.

Quitting drinking made my poops 100x better. That was the best move for my movements. :haw:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I use whole psyllium husks for my fiber needs, and the Kirkland protein bars are definitely tasty for protein bars, not as a general snack or anything. But the macros are there and too much protein shake makes me feeling gassy and bloated, no matter what kind of protein it is, so for me the bars are a godsend.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Just ran into a coworker at Costco and it was super awkward

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Probably shouldn't have hit them with my cart might not have been quite so awkward

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tim Whatley posted:

I got a Shield TV 2019 recently which supports Atmos, so I've been on the hunt for some Atmos without breaking the bank and the holy church has a 5.1.2 Vizio soundbar with satellite rears and sub AND Atmos top speakers for $300, usually $500.
Meh, save up for the 5.1.4 Vizio system that adds upfiring speakers to the rear satellites :getin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Just ran into a coworker at Costco and it was super awkward

did he get a hotdog? report him to HR tomorrow if he didnt.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I can’t judge people skipping a hot dog if said line is six people deep.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Minto Took posted:

I can. :colbert:

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

What if the line is six people deep, but it's six people with carts making it appear 4x longer

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Really what it is for me is my Costco is one where people don’t decide what they want until they’re at the register to order.

“Oh, it’s my turn to order? Do I want a hot dog or a chicken wrap? I really don’t know!”

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Minto Took posted:

6 people is nothing. Thats probably like a 2-3 minute wait unless everyone is ordering those smoothies or whatever

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Slider posted:

What if the line is six people deep, but it's six people with carts making it appear 4x longer

six people??? thats like, a 60 second wait.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I eat the Kirkland protein bars as a snack all the time.

I also eat 200g protein/day. That's a factor when deciding what type of bar to get. Also remember bars generally come packed full of calories--these guys are about 190 and they aren't much for size.

The one I had just now was the brownie in the blue package. It's good for what it is.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Going to the church today for Thanksgiving stuff. Wish me luck.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Really cutting it close arent you

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
has anyone done a turducken of food court food?
hot dog inside a chicken bake rolled in a pizza?

i understand the science but i am not brave enough to try it

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
My store has the deal where for $74.99 I can get $100.00 worth of gift cards from a nice selection of local restaurants.

Great gift for my parents who don't need anything but like to dine out.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Went yesterday and I've never seen the parking lot so full or had my shins hit by a child piloting a cart. But atleast they had all the registers open?

PBUC (reluctantly)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Really cutting it close arent you

I live life on the edge. Plus A turkey takes like 3 days to thaw out. What are you?! My dad>!? Get off my back!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I live life on the edge. Plus A turkey takes like 3 days to thaw out. What are you?! My dad>!? Get off my back!

You're supposed to thaw them out?

That may explain the deep fryer accidents every year at our house

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Costco sells fresh, non-frozen, turkeys and they're great.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hackan Slash posted:

turnkey turkey

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
AirPod pros are back in stock if anyone cares, but god knows i do :getin:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Does Costco do black friday?

Zuur
May 2, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Does Costco do black friday?

Deals all month. The deals, if they get any, are manufacturer ordered and they won't know until morning of.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Zuur posted:

Deals all month. The deals, if they get any, are manufacturer ordered and they won't know until morning of.

That's not true, you can see all their deals on the Costco app and probably the website too. They also have flyers with all the deals at the store for people to take. I suppose it's possible that there might be one or two items that randomly get an instant rebate that they didn't know about, but 99% of the deals they know about ahead of time because they want to be able to advertise them to their members.

Their black Friday deals are mostly if not all electronics, all their food deals are going on right now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped by church after work to buy some Thanksgiving stuff, place was super packed. Several employees were talking about it being the busiest Monday they've seen, probably doesn't help that a snow storm is blowing in tomorrow. Was going to pick up some pecans to make a pie with, but the Costco pecan pie was only a buck more and looked super good. Less cooking for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hackan Slash posted:

:thunk: ya don't say