Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

He has a magic harp

It will be a magic electric guitar because Mookie hasnt shoehorned in his desire to be "metal" in the comic yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zerilan posted:

It will be a magic electric guitar because Mookie hasnt shoehorned in his desire to be "metal" in the comic yet.

He did that in DD already

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There was a guy named The Maestro who used a magic conductor's baton to zap Deegan Dad's guitar.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
F A C E B A T H

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Who What Now posted:

He did that in DD already

I know, not even just with the maestro but also the really terrible smug metalhead Greg in the later arcs. It's a well I think he'll dive right down into given any opportunity.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Greg was the worst character in DD.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

Greg was the worst character in DD.

Remember when Siggy, son of the blessed Dance Commander, beat him with his own walking stick after his first display of smugness in combat?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
If I remember correctly, it was even worse because Greg started off as this meek, inoffensive, compassionate character who developed into the most obnoxious rear end in a top hat and this was never presented as a bad thing.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Lol literally interrupting a woman to do her job but worse.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

If I remember correctly, it was even worse because Greg started off as this meek, inoffensive, compassionate character who developed into the most obnoxious rear end in a top hat and this was never presented as a bad thing.

Not that it makes it any good, but god, this is like 50 times more annoying than anything happening in this current comic.

Also you totally know Mookie absolutely does poo poo like that in his real life.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

TheHan posted:

Lol literally interrupting a woman to do her job but worse.

She was breaking an oath of silence. It was the first time she had spoken in years.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The only thing I remember from Deegan "classic" was those Dog in Hell edits.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Not that it makes it any good, but god, this is like 50 times more annoying than anything happening in this current comic.

Also you totally know Mookie absolutely does poo poo like that in his real life.

I was thinking, wasn't Greg in many ways more of a self insert than Dominic? Since Dominic wasn't really that at the start at least.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

YF-23 posted:

I was thinking, wasn't Greg in many ways more of a self insert than Dominic? Since Dominic wasn't really that at the start at least.

Dominic is how Mookie wants to be, Greg is closer to who he is.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Ague Proof posted:

She was breaking an oath of silence. It was the first time she had spoken in years.

Hoooooooly poo poo, I forgot about that. One thing Mookie absolutely nails is writing an insufferable nice guy that’s as lovely as the villains (Like Nimmel moving to the werewolf homeland to dominate the “savage brutes” with his superior magic).

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Libra posted:

"Dear Diary
Today I met a hologram bard who can play music that is visible instead of audible..."

The bard uses a special instrument that makes people see as well as hear the composition. In the end it will turn out he was the big bad all along, influencing everyone's minds with the music.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
Coming fresh off of the last bits of the last Classic Deegan mock threads (For whatever reason, I stopped reading them around the desert of Eldariat TO DIE. Gotta keep up with the Mookieverse canon, after all.), this new thing is absolutely glacial. In his news post to start this up, he’s talking about a new cast having new adventures. Are we going to be here for another decade? And how long is he going to keep up the kinda-sorta-not dialogue?

I’m glad he’s at least doing something other than 8 panels and not poorly laid out mindscape pages.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Monday's is boring, enjoy.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Alakantar posted:

Coming fresh off of the last bits of the last Classic Deegan mock threads (For whatever reason, I stopped reading them around the desert of Eldariat TO DIE. Gotta keep up with the Mookieverse canon, after all.), this new thing is absolutely glacial. In his news post to start this up, he’s talking about a new cast having new adventures. Are we going to be here for another decade? And how long is he going to keep up the kinda-sorta-not dialogue?

I’m glad he’s at least doing something other than 8 panels and not poorly laid out mindscape pages.

Yeah as far as I can tell this isn't just a short side story, he seems to intend for this to be a whole nother saga. It's presented as another chapter on the archive page and there's multiple characters who haven't even been introduced yet.

As for the rest, that's anyone's guess. I doubt even Mookie knows, what with his seat-of-his-pants plotlines.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

TheHan posted:

Monday's is boring, enjoy.

why is the missing last page to his right. Why didn't the page just drop him right in front of it.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ha ha. We're moving up in the world. Not only do plot important things just appear in the world, but now objects just appear in the protagonist's hand.

Where did the banana come from, or the brush go to? He has no pockets.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Drunk Theory posted:

Ha ha. We're moving up in the world. Not only do plot important things just appear in the world, but now objects just appear in the protagonist's hand.

:aaaaa:

c-continuity error?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Toalpaz posted:

:aaaaa:

c-continuity error?

i mean, if we want to get into it, those aren't the same character in any of the panels, there is literally no consistency at all as to what Snout's face looks like at any given moment

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah I'm struggling to care about this because it feels like Mookie doesn't care either. THIS is the story you want to tell?

If it's building towards something it's gonna come out of left field because there is no intrigue or reason to any of this. It's just a bunch of dumb slapstick and Snout making bad decisions.

The issue is that we actually have two distinct narratives.

The first narrative is simply the antics of a carefree, childlike character who chases sheets of paper as if they were butterflies. The ‘fun’ is that this escalates into these increasingly elaborate looney-tunes situations with absurd resolutions.

The second narrative, on the other hand, is a noir - about a novelist drawn into a web of mystery and violence after he spies a beautiful woman in danger. You’ve got these psychosexual overtones, etc.

The ‘natural’ progression would be for the one narrative to phase into the other: “Snout innocently collects all the papers... but uncovers a dead body! But wait, she’s not dead! And she’s being hunted by aliens?!” And so-on.

But of course, that’s not what we get. So, whether or not it’s intentional, the oil-and-water mixture produces some really baffling stuff. Like, Snout has zero sexual tension with the witch because he’s attracted to the papers.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 25, 2019

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Drunk Theory posted:

"Dear diary,

today I ate my penis..."

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Ague Proof posted:

"Dear diary,

today I ate my penis..."

For all we know it grows back

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Like some kind of wild edge.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Tempted to change the thread title to "Does the penis grow back?"

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

SardonicTyrant posted:

Tempted to change the thread title to "Does the penis grow back?"

You're still hung up on the nudity thing, huh?

Don't be so clothes-minded.

Hurhurhurr oh god the comic is inside of me please help.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Could it be? A character that's even tangentially related to Dominic Deegan?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So, "tell a story without dialogue" just means "have the protagonist make a funny face in the last panel" apparently.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Are we gonna see orc dude's dick or what?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
First conscious humanoid figure that Snout has met since the comic started. And the very first interaction is a dumb joke for us, the audience.

This is starting well already.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just realized, based on the panel outlines, that the artist can't draw a straight line

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

RBA Starblade posted:

I just realized, based on the panel outlines, that the artist can't draw a straight line

I don't believe Mookie has ever used a straight-edge. Ever. I seem to recall him freehanding everything was a point of pride.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

RBA Starblade posted:

Rulers and story outlines are lame. Just freestyle that poo poo for 15 minutes every other day.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Weirdly enough, Mookie did break out the ruler when it came to the ship's jet trail.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like he used a compass to draw the body of it too. If he's using tools to emphasise its inorganicness, that's at least a vague gesture in the direction of using the medium.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Snout's arm is way too short. Take a life drawing class, Mookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

So why is exactly is Snout holding out his hand, twisted 90 degrees clockwise, as opposed to palm up?

Is this some new, Wild Edge reverse hand shake?

A sign language thing unique to the Deeganverse?

Yet another sign Mookie is a terrible artist?

the world may never know...