Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Does anyone else think Mara isn't dead? Like, why would she show up in the alt-reality, when there isn't a single other dead character who appears there too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

There's clearly something up with Mara because she somehow knew who Adora was despite being from like, a thousand years in the past. And I don't think it's just that Madam Razz told her. I'm not sure that means she's alive though.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Pyrotoad posted:

Does anyone else think Mara isn't dead? Like, why would she show up in the alt-reality, when there isn't a single other dead character who appears there too?

Because she is She Ra as well I'd say.
I'm still so impressed by whoever called Glimmers dad and what he was about to say in the alt reality

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think Mara being alive would cheapen the drama of her choice a great deal.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I think Mara being alive would cheapen the drama of her choice a great deal.

Yeah, it would. Unless it had some terrible effect on her mind and body and she was unrecognizable from her former self and had been in the show since season 1.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Taear posted:

Because she is She Ra as well I'd say.
I'm still so impressed by whoever called Glimmers dad and what he was about to say in the alt reality

I think he was just trying to say that he's not dead, everyone just assumed he was reanimated by a memory but suddenly he's no longer on Beast Island and back at home and all this wild poo poo's happening... he was trying to understand his situation and at the very last moment it would even be possible, he realized Angella was still assuming him dead.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Pyrotoad posted:

Heck, up until this season, I was pretty sure she was Madame Razz.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

maltesh posted:

Heck, up until this season, I was pretty sure she was Madame Razz.

Pffsh, damezz, amirite?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still say given how much Hordak's backstory tracks with being basically Invader Zim, Entrapta is his GIR.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Between Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and She-Ra everything always comes back to Zim.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean, Zim is basically just a parody of a stereotypical alien invader who happens to be comically incompetent and being sent on what his superiors fervently hope is a suicide mission.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still say given how much Hordak's backstory tracks with being basically Invader Zim, Entrapta is his GIR.

but entrapta is competent?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

T-man posted:

but entrapta is competent?

who do you think came up with all of zim's schemes?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm pretty sure Mara's last message was meant to say, in as strong terms as possible without showing a body, that she's dead. The implication being that the crash turned her to paste.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Lupus Rufus posted:

I think he was just trying to say that he's not dead, everyone just assumed he was reanimated by a memory but suddenly he's no longer on Beast Island and back at home and all this wild poo poo's happening... he was trying to understand his situation and at the very last moment it would even be possible, he realized Angella was still assuming him dead.

I know? That's what I'm saying - a person earlier in the thread said it, when the episode actually aired.
I forget who it was but it was really impressive

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I still don't really get the motivation behind leaving him alive in the first place. Was it just an act of pride? He was talking about it like he was captured and exiled to the island. But why was Hordak suddenly feeling merciful?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I still don't really get the motivation behind leaving him alive in the first place. Was it just an act of pride? He was talking about it like he was captured and exiled to the island. But why was Hordak suddenly feeling merciful?

Almost everyone on the Horde side appears to consider being sent to Beast Island an effective death sentence (and possibly worse than an actual one), and it doesn't sound like anyone has ever returned to tell them otherwise. It seems likely that Hordak hasn't really looked further into the issue to see if anyone could survive there long-term.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So he captured him and carefully him into a death trap, before just leaving the place never bothering to check if that actually worked.

Hordak is an old school James Bond villain!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I mean, from what we've seen Beast Island basically is a no-question death zone. Entrapta's been there like 3 months and was pretty clearly not coming out of the central chamber without motivation. Micha's basically managed to talk the laser piranha's to cook each other which would be weird even for Bond.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Yeah it's clear Beast Island is a place people simply don't survive. Micah seems to have only lived due to being one of the most powerful magic users ever and Entrapta was doing well with the robot friend she found but probably wasn't going to survive much longer with her insistence on staying in the center of the island. I mean hell, given that Hordak tears up when he finds out Entrapta was sent to Beast Island by Catra, he obviously thinks she must have died there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I was impressed Beast Island actually lived up to the hype. The equivalent of a toxic waste dump where everything deadly about Etheria combines with everything deadly about Old Ones tech run rampant.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It beat my expectations which was just an island with dinosaurs.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

T-man posted:

her hair just gets stronger the shorter it is, bald entrapta could bench press the universe
This is a kid-friendly show. They're not ready for big CyberGoth energy.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gingerhazing/status/1198679391569494016

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hey! Don't break that sword! Its a nice sword! What did it ever do to you?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Hey! Don't break that sword! Its a nice sword! What did it ever do to you?

serve as a symbol of colonial oppression and try to blow up the universe

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Yes, but it it's really pretty and doubles as a fashionable bangle. So it's a wash.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

could the sword shapeshift into a strap on? please discuss, 3 weird fetish minimum

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

T-man posted:

could the sword shapeshift into a strap on? please discuss, 3 weird fetish minimum
Rookie mistake.

Magic Lasso.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

If the lesson here is that you don't need the sword because the sword was inside you all along I don't think that will help matters.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

evilmiera posted:

If the lesson here is that you don't need the sword because the sword was inside you all along I don't think that will help matters.

ha ha

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm on episode five of season four and I wish the show didn't operate on good is stupid so much.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

T-man posted:

It can become a broom. I'm pretty sure it can change into any shape She-Ra wants.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SardonicTyrant posted:

Rookie mistake.

Magic Lasso.

I see it's going to be very difficult to cover any ground Wonder Woman hasn't already.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I wonder how Catra will react to finding out that Glimmer sent DT after her? I have no idea if she'd be upset or if she'd just accept it and move on, or even be surprised that Glimmer could do something like that.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

evilmiera posted:

It's pretty obvious that the First Ones co-opted the local magic of Etheria in some fashion, and that Mara could use it natively, so it's almost guaranteed that Adora will be capable of doing so as well. The use of a shape-changing object that can become any weapon is too good to pass, and the sword probably too central to She-Ra's identity to completely abandon either, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's either re-forged without First One's corruption or Adora can summon one that has not interference once she gets a bit more in-touch with her inner sage.

Actually, was Mara a First One? I assumed she was, but then, she could use Etherian magic with no training, which implies she's partially Etherian. Is that what makes a She-Ra? Mara was an Etherian raised by First Ones, while Adora was a First One raised by Etherians? You need a bit of both to be She-Ra?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

I wonder how Catra will react to finding out that Glimmer sent DT after her? I have no idea if she'd be upset or if she'd just accept it and move on, or even be surprised that Glimmer could do something like that.

I think she probably figured it out. Double Trouble was very up-front with her about being a mercenary.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You can tell Catra is supposed to be white because she fails upward so much.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Darth Walrus posted:

I think she probably figured it out. Double Trouble was very up-front with her about being a mercenary.

I don't doubt that she knew DT got paid off, I'm just wondering how she'll react to being face to face with the one who outbid her, especially if they have to work together to escape Horde Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

I don't doubt that she knew DT got paid off, I'm just wondering how she'll react to being face to face with the one who outbid her, especially if they have to work together to escape Horde Prime.

I mean, she knew Glimmer was heading the Rebellion now, so she was the obvious answer for who turned DT. Catra still saved her life, so I guess she's willing to swallow it to a certain extent.