Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Man there's so many things in DT that I want to experience but I still think I'll end up disliking it on the whole. My threshold price to gamble on it keeps inching up though.

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Get it, it’s dope.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Resident Evil 2 is 2 spoopy for me

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

oldpainless posted:

I made it through Claire's campaign, then I read that there's way more encounters with Mr X in Leon's and nope I'm done

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

oldpainless posted:

I get spooked playing RE4, when I tried 7 I didn’t even make it into the house before noping out.

I’m scared to try 2 even though I love how dumb the series is

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

I get spooked playing RE4, when I tried 7 I didn’t even make it into the house before noping out.

I’m scared to try 2 even though I love how dumb the series is

RE2 is spoopier than 4 but not as spoopy as 7, at least for me. After a while the zombies and Mr. X just become things you run around rather than jumping every time, but the house in 7 had its own level of shoddy creepiness that never really went away for me.

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Nov 25, 2019

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah. It doesn’t help I have a phobia of fungus-y things

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
7’s fun because it opens really scary and by the end it’s a body horror grindhouse action game, all while never really losing the same tone.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Dewgy posted:

7’s fun because it opens really scary and by the end it’s a body horror grindhouse action game, all while never really losing the same tone.

The xpac where you play the swamp hick boxing undead into bits is good yeah, I was able to watch an LP of that bit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
RE7 in VR is really something else, you can get proper spooped there

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

RE7 in VR is really something else, you can get proper spooped there

Even knowing for sure it’s gonna happen at the same point, same time, every time, Jack smashing through the wall in VR near the beginning of the game never fails to make me jump.

And then the next time he shows up I put him down instantly with hi power rounds because I unlocked infinite ammo. :getin:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Dewgy posted:

I just came from a thread discussing FF7, read this post and thought "Does....does it? It's been a while since I've played it, sure, but...?"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dewgy posted:

And then the next time he shows up I put him down instantly with hi power rounds because I unlocked infinite ammo. :getin:

I always like to imagine the fully unlocked/new game+ versions are how things went down canonically.
*Leon pulls out magical old-timey machine gun and casually strolls through entirety of game without ever letting go of the trigger*

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I always like to imagine the fully unlocked/new game+ versions are how things went down canonically.
*Leon pulls out magical old-timey machine gun and casually strolls through entirety of game without ever letting go of the trigger*

*Jill turns a entire mansion and an underground lab into rubble with a rocket launcher, Wesker is confused where she stores the ammo*

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Captain Hygiene posted:

Non canon. He also stops every now and again to doff his gangster hat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Non canon. He also stops every now and again to doff his gangster hat.

:hmmyes:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mierenneuker posted:

*Jill turns a entire mansion and an underground lab into rubble with a rocket launcher, Wesker is confused where she stores the ammo*

*points at bandana*

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MGSV continuing to be charming as hell - I randomly found a hedgehog running around in the middle of a mission, which I never saw in my first playthrough, so of course I stopped to radio back for intel (its spines are like thick hairs, they won't hurt you if you touch them :3:) then got so engrossed in following it around that the soldiers whose base I was raiding came over and shotgunned me down.
:rip: Venom Snake, died due to his love of animals

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mierenneuker posted:

She has eight inventory slots vs Chris' six, duh. :pseudo:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Hygiene posted:

MGSV continuing to be charming as hell - I randomly found a hedgehog running around in the middle of a mission, which I never saw in my first playthrough, so of course I stopped to radio back for intel (its spines are like thick hairs, they won't hurt you if you touch them :3:) then got so engrossed in following it around that the soldiers whose base I was raiding came over and shotgunned me down.
:rip: Venom Snake, died due to his love of animals

Should have fultoned it back to base first

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
You gotta use a special trap to get the little ones. I think if they're small enough Boss will just pick them up and put them in his pocket, too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Don't worry, of course Boss came back and sent him away to a better life on Animal Island.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So Mortal Kombat is a game where you end up seeing the insides of the cast on a regular basis, and The Terminator was recently added as a guest fighter. Cyborg characters in the series have always had regular old human gibs inside, at most colored black. Not so the Terminator, which has unique and fully done internals to the point of his eyes having visible electrical wires instead of nerves and his 'intestines' being some kind of textured cables if you look closely.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cythereal posted:

So Mortal Kombat is a game where you end up seeing the insides of the cast on a regular basis, and The Terminator was recently added as a guest fighter. Cyborg characters in the series have always had regular old human gibs inside, at most colored black. Not so the Terminator, which has unique and fully done internals to the point of his eyes having visible electrical wires instead of nerves and his 'intestines' being some kind of textured cables if you look closely.

It's good to see Johnny Cage is still the coolest character in the game. :)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cythereal posted:

Those are pretty hosed up kills drat

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RBA Starblade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8muoTt3APVU&t=188s

"i will put this robot's brain into ANOTHER robot!!! genious"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's good to see Johnny Cage is still the coolest character in the game. :)

Frost and Sub-zero seemed pretty cool as well.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

HardDiskD posted:

Frost and Sub-zero seemed pretty cool as well.

out

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I mean that’s MKs wheelhouse

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I haven't played Death Stranding yet, but it's on my list. I've heard lots of good things about it from friends.

Here's a bit of content from the Schadenfreude thread:

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/1193278124726861826

I can imagine Norman Reedus spitting out a ton of profanity as he watches all his stuff drift out to the ocean.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The baby crying when you eat poo poo is the perfect little insult to add to the injury

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

People called it a walking simulator, but it's actually an Incredible Fuckup Simulator

https://i.imgur.com/eGOVxSm.mp4

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The Zombie Guy posted:

I haven't played Death Stranding yet, but it's on my list. I've heard lots of good things about it from friends.

Here's a bit of content from the Schadenfreude thread:

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/1193278124726861826

I can imagine Norman Reedus spitting out a ton of profanity as he watches all his stuff drift out to the ocean.

This is great. I am so glad Kojima didn't do the easy thing and just make a metal gear solid clone.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Morpheus posted:

I just came from a thread discussing FF7, read this post and thought "Does....does it? It's been a while since I've played it, sure, but...?"
To be fair, as setting the tone goes, "a massive megacorporation is exploiting the planet's very lifeblood to power modern society" has taken on a pretty terrifying air.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Unperson_47 posted:

This is great. I am so glad Kojima didn't do the easy thing and just make a metal gear solid clone.

What's great is that it's unique enough to be its own thing but still has a lot of MGS' DNA in it, it is very much a Kojima venture in terms of rewarding you for thinking cleverly. For a really MGS3-esque example of fun system interaction: While infiltrating bandit camps, you can use your bola gun to tie up enemies from long range. However, if you don't get a headshot they don't get knocked out, meaning you have to run up and kick them to send them to dreamland. You can use this to your advantage by tying up an enemy out in the open and leaving a knockout gas decoy box right next to him. He calls out for help, his buddies come running. Thus, just like the dirty magazines of yore one of his friends will see the box, go OOH WHAT'S THIS HANG ON A SECOND PAL and pop it open, knocking out everybody in range instantly.

edit: (mid-game equipment spoiler but it's very minor) Another fun thing you can do is use the remote stun grenades as mines. Stand on a cliff overlooking a bandit camp, chuck a remote grenade onto the flatbed of one of their trucks. They're sticky grenades so it won't even fall off. Wait for them to get on and drive away from the camp, boom, all four or five people including the driver instantly knocked out in a spot they won't be discovered!

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Nov 26, 2019

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Just lol if you don't manfight the MULEs with your bare Reedusfists.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Unperson_47 posted:

To his credit Kojima was done with MGS ages ago but was the only way to keep getting gigs from Konami.

Bless Sony for giving him a cartoon bag with a dollar sign and telling him to go nuts.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cythereal posted:

I know now why you cry.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SiKboy posted:

I know now why you cry.

That is in fact one of Terminator's taunts when he wins a round. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Cythereal posted:

That is in fact one of Terminator's taunts when he wins a round. :v:

His arcade mode ending has him lower himself into some outworld blood ocean just like the t2 ending, thumbs up included.

Also one of his interactions with jacquie briggs has he ask him if the rumors are true and sub-zero is now just plain zero. :v:

They had a lot of fun including him, it’s great