Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There are lots of places that it seems like you'd have to intentionally put in the gay shipping hints.

Also he hired gay artists for his comics at least twice I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I have met no less than four people who've claimed that Marisa Kirisame was their lesbian awakening.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I have met no less than four people who've claimed that Marisa Kirisame was their lesbian awakening.
Reality itself will not stop her from stealing that precious thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Considering ZUN has actively talked about gay people before acting like it's some kind of accident is goofy. Maybe at first he was just doing an all girls series because he can't draw guys or he just likes designing girls or whatever, but at this point we're thirty years in and Touhou is legitimately a part of lesbian pop culture. Like, half the yuri mangaka currently working got their start doing touhou doujins. Either he's the stupidest man in the world or he's aware of what he's got here, and if he's aware of what he's got here the fact that sometimes the writing leans into it proobaaably isn't accidental, even if we'll never get a canonical romance for a variety of reasons.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, joining a Touhou IRC channel and talking about touhou made me come to a transgender realization about myself so the series is very special to me even if I don't super engage in it much these days

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
i shouldve mentioned that was all at the start yeah.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Just throwing my hat into the touhou contributed to my sexual awakening ring. I think for me even beyond the usual shipping of the cast or anything like that, it was being exposed to an artistic aesthetic I had just never encountered before when I was like 13. It sounds cheesy but touhou has a focus on visual beauty that I fell into a deep appreciation for, which made me a lot more willing to exit my comfort zone and explore how I actually felt about expressions of masculinity or femininity and things like that.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
clownpiece

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:yeah:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

btw also

mima

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

toyosatomimi no miko is a trans icon and the series helped me realize relating to sailor moon as a kid was not, in fact, a coincidence, nor y'know, constantly straying towards the female option in everything.

looking forward to the new whalehu i love her already.....

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

el dorito posted:

btw also

mima

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The new manga just came out in Japanese. Whale girl's name is Miyoi if you want to refer to her as something other than whale girl.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Is she the god of gacha games?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

nyttyn posted:

toyosatomimi no miko is a trans icon and the series helped me realize relating to sailor moon as a kid was not, in fact, a coincidence, nor y'know, constantly straying towards the female option in everything.

for me it was card captor sakura, up to and including me pretending to be her every day for a significant period

:cheers:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Carlioo posted:

Is she the god of gacha games?

The embodiment of Star Citizen gameplay.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
reimu vs 30-50 feral hogs

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Touhou Suichouka ~ Lotus Eaters' Sober Chapter 1

In which 30-50 feral hogs, probably.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Thanks Clarste.

Thlarste.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Suika! Suika!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Suika! Suika!

God it's been so long since I've heard Tsurupettan

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
As someone who got into Touhou mainly through IOSYS and similar meme videos, it's been great to see what Touhou fan music is like now. I remember when it was just pop, rock, metal, and electronic covers, now it's Irish folk arrangements, medieval covers, and funky disco.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This was a really fun chapter, thank you.
It's a shame this is probably jsut general memory powers and not specifically dream powers so sanbondo can just keep getting owned by canon

I really like the art style for this one

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hiro Protagonist posted:

As someone who got into Touhou mainly through IOSYS and similar meme videos, it's been great to see what Touhou fan music is like now. I remember when it was just pop, rock, metal, and electronic covers, now it's Irish folk arrangements, medieval covers, and funky disco.
yeah IOSYS was front and center when I got into touhou too. I've resigned myself to never being able to hear all the touhou covers, I've still only sifted through ~15,000 of the ones from like a decade ago. there's so much good stuff out there too, and the overall quality I feel like is only getting better. I'm gonna wager there's at least a quarter million different touhou covers at this point, considering a decade ago there was ~40k floating around. the fanwork production for touhou is absurd, is there anything that rivals it?

also this part of this track has been my "unknown caller" ringtone for like half a decade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5DuOy2cA-A&t=85s

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
i like touhou gabber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_HJJ5D5-L0

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP79YR8wGbo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Whale girl seems very cool, and I like where things seem to be going with her.

This was a very strong 1st chapter imo. It's already giving me the same vibes that some of the strongest parts of FS did.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm curious what Whale Girl's specific power is. From what we've seen it feels like a copy of Koishi's powers. Maybe some sort of manifestation of getting so blackout drunk you forget what you did last night?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
What's the publishing schedule for both new mangas? Monthly?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

No one posted it yet, but Chapter 2 of Cheating Detective Satori is out in which the true culprit is fingered.

More Flan! She's a good girl.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I am dumb and forgot to include page 1 of Suichouka:

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
Given the theme of the other characters' titles, I'm a little surprised Sakuya's title just has the word "drinker" instead of something with "cooking wine" in it. Well, that said they're all one-liner idioms, so maybe they don't need any deeper meaning.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcSAbOIc0I8

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Official Touhou x Initial D collab

https://twitter.com/initiald_as/status/1202407239497084928

Includes Touhou Eurobeat remixes.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAy-1NraoR4

if t stebbins isn't in i riot

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
They're both older DJ Command remixes from the Toho Euro Flash series, but the promo image says "Part 1" so there's probably more coming.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

somepartsareme posted:

if t stebbins isn't in i riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm touhou