Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

FFXI > FF3 DS > FFXIV 1.0 > working on Puzzle & Dragons at GungHo, dude's career is loving stellar, it might be the literal worst ever

FFXI and the announcements from Tanaka about updates, etc., reveals how horrendous he is as a director/lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nanaki is French-Canadian

This checks out as he is not human.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Vincent is from South London and calls everyone "bruv".

Yuffie speaks in Japanese and isn't translated or localized at all and everyone just ignores her anyway.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Maybe it's because the Pokémon anime was our around the same time but to me Cait Sith has a New Jersey accent.

Only it's James Gandolfini not Meowth.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Barret with a lilting cajun accent. The grawlix isnt covering up swear words, it is the game unable to determine what the hell he just said.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
he wasn’t shouting expletives at cloud, he just wanted him to try his family’s jambalaya recipe

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The line should read

"It's because of that boudin pizza that people underneath are suffering"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

jokes posted:

FFXI and the announcements from Tanaka about updates, etc., reveals how horrendous he is as a director/lead.
This is not related, but do they still have the anti-bots-and-gil-farmers squad in FFXI that was literally named the
Special
Task
Force
Unit

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

DeadButDelicious posted:

Maybe it's because the Pokémon anime was our around the same time but to me Cait Sith has a New Jersey accent.

Only it's James Gandolfini not Meowth.

You mean Iscar Matthias? He sounds exactly like male Shepherd from Mass Effect.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

3m29s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMMr_BZddAw&t=209s

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

NikkolasKing posted:

It depends on the type of Southern. Southern yokel? Probably not but a nice, buttery smooth Southern accent is always a winner.

Of course I guess Cloud would be a yokel.

Also I'm from the Midwest! We rule because we sound like nothing.
You're supposed to brag about your accent in a 1800-word thinkpiece about growing up in a small town, ya corn pone motherfucker.

If Cloud is midwestern or whatever Aerith should sound Chicago as gently caress.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

Barret with a lilting cajun accent. The grawlix isnt covering up swear words, it is the game unable to determine what the hell he just said.

it's too late for this to happen but i've always held out hope that they would keep the grawlix in the remake but instead of just bleeping it they put in snes-style sanitary curses like "son of a submariner..." and everyone recoils in shock

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I never knew it was called Grawlix, so that's cool

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I feel like Grawlix was the name of an FF boss

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Either that or a pokemon

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Check out this sick loving giant robot transformation in a Final Fantasy video game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeKbCcq9gT8

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gologle posted:

Check out this sick loving giant robot transformation in a Final Fantasy video game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeKbCcq9gT8

i love that it's a voltron that includes another loving voltron in its assembly

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

FF14 is the best Final Fantasy game to come out in the recent decade imo and Shadowbringers is one of the best rpgs I've played.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Shadowbringers being so good that it was ranked number 1 PC game was great because it annoyed Gamers enough to start voting it down cause they didn't think an mmorpg deserves to be that high.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I got back into FFX-2 because of reasons and I just got Paine's special dress sphere and lmao this game owns.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
X-2 owns and if you say otherwise you're an insecure Gamer (but I repeat myself)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Finally beat Zanarkand. I'm glad I wandered around exploring and looting. It resulted in me getting some levels and skills.

I also found O'aka and while I wanted to turn him in to the Al Bhed I ended up putting him on my ship.

I tried some of the calm lands games and noped out. They're not fun for me.

I'm happy to have a story direction to go in now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leal posted:

X-2 owns and if you say otherwise you're an insecure Gamer (but I repeat myself)

Its structure of gameplay, consisting of non-stop unmarked missables and bad mini games getting in the way of playing the fun combat, does not work for me and never will.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well okay but then there's all the silly over the top goofball anime girl power poo poo that rules incredibly hard.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Barudak posted:

Its structure of gameplay, consisting of non-stop unmarked missables and bad mini games getting in the way of playing the fun combat, does not work for me and never will.

You can fight your way through to the Youth League Cup (aka postgame strength enemies) immediately after the intro.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm waiting for a X-2 hard mod before I replay it because X-2 is abysmally easy. At least FVIII requires you do some work to break it, X-2 you just laugh off everything in the main story.

It's got that XIII-2 problem (or XIII-2 has that X-2 problem) where the nature of the game is such that you will do so much side content that you inevitably become overleveled and squash everything.

Also X had the best battle system ever and they immediately chucked it away in its sequel. What the gently caress. Some people on here over the years have complained that FF's innovation is a weakness because they reinvent the wheel with each game and so each new battle system has a load of new problems. Well, X-2 gave them the perfect opportunity to iron out some of the flaws in X's gameplay and perfect it but they instead decided to innovate again for no good reason.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
All I want is for it to have a true Wait Mode. The game would be 1000x better. And I already really like it!

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm waiting for a X-2 hard mod before I replay it because X-2 is abysmally easy. At least FVIII requires you do some work to break it, X-2 you just laugh off everything in the main story.

It's got that XIII-2 problem (or XIII-2 has that X-2 problem) where the nature of the game is such that you will do so much side content that you inevitably become overleveled and squash everything.
The purpose of side content in every FF game is to become overpowered and make the main game easier. You can reset your levels on NG+, or choose not to overlevel, or restrict yourself in some way (X-2 throws so many options at you that you can cut yourself off from using half of them, and you'll still come out ahead over other games' total options).

NikkolasKing posted:

Also X had the best battle system ever and they immediately chucked it away in its sequel. What the gently caress. Some people on here over the years have complained that FF's innovation is a weakness because they reinvent the wheel with each game and so each new battle system has a load of new problems. Well, X-2 gave them the perfect opportunity to iron out some of the flaws in X's gameplay and perfect it but they instead decided to innovate again for no good reason.
X-2's ATB fits in with the sequel's change in tone and style and represents a refinement of the PS1 ATB systems. If X-2 kept with X's tone, music, graphics, gameplay, characters, story, what would even be the point to making it? It would rightfully be criticized as pointless and unnecessary - a cash grab.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well okay but then there's all the silly over the top goofball anime girl power poo poo that rules incredibly hard.

it's still boring as poo poo to play

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Barudak posted:

Ringing endorsement

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Leal posted:

Shadowbringers being so good that it was ranked number 1 PC game was great because it annoyed Gamers enough to start voting it down cause they didn't think an mmorpg deserves to be that high.

I'm hopeful for the ARR redo in 5.3

Heavensward and up are justifiably lengthy by their quality, especially by MMO standards and the scope of their stories, but expecting people to get through (most of) ARR to get to The Good Bits is kind of a huge ask

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 25, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ringing endorsement

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Ciaphas posted:

I'm hopeful for the ARR redo in 5.3

Heavensward and up are justifiably lengthy by their quality, especially by MMO standards and the scope of their stories, but expecting people to get through (most of) ARR to get to The Good Bits is kind of a huge ask

I just tied up the HW story and yeah, there are more memorable and impactful moments than ARR in about a third of the length. At least they've acknowledged there's a lot of cruft.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Tae posted:

it's still boring as poo poo to play

From my experience, playing X-2 for the first time, it was pretty awesome to be able to climb and jump over things as a normal part of exploration.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/25/new-final-fantasy-vii-remake-screens-feature-cloud-combat-and-more/

I'm not going to front, this game are looks sicks really nice. It's still going to be a horrible trashfire that dumpsters on the original, but it'll be a pretty one.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually it will eb good

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
FFX-2 update: I have all 3 special dress spheres and, well, lmao.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FF7R is going to be a perfect video game and it’s gonna blow everyone’s tits off.

It is actually interesting because this is the only valid outlook and anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong.

Despite the fact that it is a “sure thing” or a “slam dunk” this does not mean you should ever pre-order it, or any other video game. Even though it is with 100% certainty going to be an amazing video game 10/10 A+.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Rude's suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gologle posted:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/25/new-final-fantasy-vii-remake-screens-feature-cloud-combat-and-more/

I'm not going to front, this game are looks sicks really nice. It's still going to be a horrible trashfire that dumpsters on the original, but it'll be a pretty one.

The original FF7 could use a remake more than any other game in the series at this point actually