Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sick, two more days for me to spam Chen like the huge piece of poo poo that I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Over-under on neither of the mad max grandma or the lost spirit brother coming to the roster and/or treant protector getting yet another skill rework

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EorayMel posted:

Over-under on neither of the mad max grandma or the lost spirit brother coming to the roster and/or treant protector getting yet another skill rework

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
give us the drat patchnotes valve

also, thanks again to that survey guy for the free halflife vr game i'll never play

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

IncendiaC posted:

also, thanks again to that survey guy for the free halflife vr game i'll never play

Just realized I'm set for life with the Valve friends and family settings. Thanks! Now i just need to drop $300 on whatever Valve™ VR sets are out there.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Or wait until the inevitable non-VR mod comes out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I thought MidOne was just 'taking a break' and now he's off Secret? bad career move.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

IncendiaC posted:

give us the drat patchnotes valve

I'm still sad that I didn't get that key. At the time I figured well valve isn't pumping out any new games so whatever

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The Secret blog post about him taking a break alluded to him making a lot of sacrifices by constantly being away from home. Maybe he decided all that was too much to go back to

Anyway Nisha's playing mid for them and Matu is their carry. They'll be fine

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Matu playing carry will not be fine

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sad 2 see all those players going over to fortnite rip

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Knowlue posted:

I'm still sad that I didn't get that key. At the time I figured well valve isn't pumping out any new games so whatever

To be fair, since then all we've gotten was Artifact and now this vr game so unless you were planning on having a vr headset (or have one) you're really not missing anything.

Though selling my artifact cards on the first week to make some steamcash was nice.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

If only he'd won a TI or something he might have had something to prove he's a good player

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

What about the last year makes you think Matu is a good carry? he's fallen off hard from his ti winning days.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

What about the last year makes you think Matu is a good carry? he's fallen off hard from his ti winning days.

People said the same thing before his TI winning days.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Matu is fine I think only when the meta aligns with his hero pool. That sounds super obvious but there are a good number of players like Miracle who can pick up whatever is good that patch and be world class at it and Matu is a big draft liability when he can play like one or two viable meta heroes. Play styles are the same thing since push timings and rotations and all that poo poo change pretty fast so I think you have to be adaptable over a full season to get into TI and then again in the event since everything changes again.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

eric ciaramella posted:

Yeah it won't be fine

It will be excellent

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

eric ciaramella posted:

I thought MidOne was just 'taking a break' and now he's off Secret? bad career move.

Ana also played on random stacks when he was off OG. I guess it's hard to quit competitive dota cold turkey when it's been your life for years.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
A couple other low-tier teams have registered today: "4 euros 1 murica" with zfreek, chessie, madara, peksu, xibbe

GODSENT with frost, noia, okcya, khezu, era

Chaos replaced Saberlight with DM (from Hellraisers). That might've been posted already

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

emdash posted:

A couple other low-tier teams have registered today: "4 euros 1 murica" with zfreek, chessie, madara, peksu, xibbe

GODSENT with frost, noia, okcya, khezu, era

Chaos replaced Saberlight with DM (from Hellraisers). That might've been posted already

Wait that was the stack Madara decided to join??? drat dude

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Wait that was the stack Madara decided to join??? drat dude

That team looks alright on paper, it's not like Ad Finem were doing amazing.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
former liquid rebranded as nigma and that's a really bad name for a team

https://twitter.com/nigmagg/status/1199097770075967490

Thom and the Heads fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 26, 2019

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

nigma balls lmao

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
That name really could have used a couple more workshopping cycles...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh had they never heard of the Dota Digest or what

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I'm interested to see how their in game naming system works. Are they gonna use nig as their prefix?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
It took me about 15 minutes to realize it's a play on the word "enigma".

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Max Coveri posted:

It took me about 15 minutes to realize it's a play on the word "enigma".

Actually you’re wrong bitch

https://twitter.com/nigmagg/status/1199114565050654721

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Grats to Team Secret on no longer having the worst team name

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Execration

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Absolute cowards that they aren't using actual arabic alphabet then.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
seems like it's najima in arabic, the i is barely pronounced though. i think j/g pronunciation depends on dialect IIRC

should've just gone that way TBH, nigma is . . . bad

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Just rebrand at Najma or whatever and save yourself the jokes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Sick, two more days for me to spam Chen like the huge piece of poo poo that I am

I love you Chen good luck in your next life after the patch

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Most orgs pick their names/acronyms for SEO reasons.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I gotta say, "Nigma" seems pretty god drat garbage as far as names go

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

After letting it digest a bit I've decided that Nigma is a poo poo tier no name

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Red Red Blue posted:

nigma balls lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Uh had they never heard of the Dota Digest or what
A new Dota Digest but all the clips are from old Liquid doing weird poo poo in official matches