Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
can confirm, the results are v. funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Wheany posted:

press F12 in your browser and copy and paste the following in the console:
JavaScript code:
[...document.querySelectorAll('.postbody')].forEach(q => q.insertAdjacentText('afterbegin', 'I love the car, but'))

:five: :five: :five:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wheany posted:

JavaScript code:
[...document.querySelectorAll('.postbody')].forEach(q => q.insertAdjacentText('afterbegin', 'I love the car, but'))

this is pretty great and support its inclusion in this particular thread

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Endless Mike posted:

mods please make every post in this thread start wtih "love the car but"

Petition to reassign the "Nice" button.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

My safety training on lithium ion batteries and HVDC systems was more intense than the one on High Explosives.

qirex posted:

lithium fire turducken electric atv inside a cybertruck inside a tesla semi

Nightmare fuel.

Love the car, but

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Wheany posted:

JavaScript code:

code:
.thread_3862643 .postbody::before {
    content: "I love the car, but";
}

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

suffix posted:

code:
.thread_3862643 .postbody::before {
    content: "I love the car, but";
}

:eyepop:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

isn't there selectors for substring matches these days as well? can't we make 219.css just do that for all threads with titles starting with "tesla"?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Is this the power of web development

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

isn't there selectors for substring matches these days as well? can't we make 219.css just do that for all threads with titles starting with "tesla"?

do not touch the css.

it is likely load bearing at this point and it think the last time anyone messed with it font rendering broke like eight different ways

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that's wimp talk

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The "Can't put a better bit of Botha on your knife" ending to Never Met A Nice South African will never not make me :lol:.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

apparently they're making a new series of spitting image and they have mentioned a mark zuckerberg puppet

i'm quite looking forward to it. no one has quite the same level of contempt for the human form as a british political caricaturist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzKCJsou10w

the test was a joke, here's math

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I guess today is the last day at work here for a guy that’s going to spacex

I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that he came off as a true believer from a conversation he was having with someone as I’m guessing it’s a big screening criteria

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

love the job, but i have to work 80 hours weeks for sub-industry standard

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

So with the cybertruck being much heavier than a standard truck could the environmental cost of the electricity production be worse than just buying a normal non-electric truck?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just continuing to drive your f150 is guaranteed to be lower impact to the environment than by buying CYBERTRK. the environmental impact of vehicle manufacturing is immense.

also this thing is going to have like 120 miles of range with a trailer. and now youre stuck two hours outside kansas city with no way to get any farther.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just set up your solar panel or bicycle generator, obviously

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

pippy posted:

So with the cybertruck being much heavier than a standard truck could the environmental cost of the electricity production be worse than just buying a normal non-electric truck?

depends where you live I guess, some states have a lot of hydro

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Saw a model X with "gas free" plates.

I wanted to find the driver and also point out my bicycle was also gas free and had the advantage of not kicking the can down the road.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol this guy started as a huge tesla stan too

you hate to see it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

if physics profs teaching their 101 course are any good they should have 'explain why this demo was bullshit' on their final

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jonny 290 posted:

just continuing to drive your f150 is guaranteed to be lower impact to the environment than by buying CYBERTRK. the environmental impact of vehicle manufacturing is immense.

also this thing is going to have like 120 miles of range with a trailer. and now youre stuck two hours outside kansas city with no way to get any farther.
fill the trailer with batteries

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1199173765315387392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1199173765315387392

:getin:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh thank you lord

the mere prospect of seeing noted brain genius elon self-destruct under cross-examination gives me a stiffy

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

I didn't think we'd top the Prince Andrew interview for most ill advised ignoring of professional advice, but here we are

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

oh thank you lord

the mere prospect of seeing noted brain genius elon self-destruct under cross-examination gives me a stiffy

the transcripts will be a thing of beauty

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

infernal machines posted:

the transcripts will be a thing of beauty

i hope they type out the elon parts in a sauf efrikan accent

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MononcQc posted:

it's me, the dev taking over the network-wide firmware update mechanism for the entire starlink internet, pushing broken code that bricks the whole network at once

this was an episode of sg1

the reason Earth needs a giant computer to dial the stargate is because they don’t have the little dialer box that keeps the network calculations up to date with stellar drift

one episode they come up with a plan to update the stargate’s built in coordinate system so they don’t need to anymore

unfortunately it automatically transmits the updates to the entire rest of the gate system, which bricks every stargate except Earth

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

honestly, good on him

seeing as he's yet to face a solitary consequence for his endless bullshit because uh oh we might stifle the next Apple, there's really no reason for him to be afraid of building up his GENIUS MAVERICK brand with these bad ideas

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

he's going to say "uhh... uh.. technology heh heh" and get a standing ovation from the jury

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

this was an episode of sg1

the reason Earth needs a giant computer to dial the stargate is because they don’t have the little dialer box that keeps the network calculations up to date with stellar drift

one episode they come up with a plan to update the stargate’s built in coordinate system so they don’t need to anymore

unfortunately it automatically transmits the updates to the entire rest of the gate system, which bricks every stargate except Earth

sg1 has so many good eps like that that make up for all the really bad ones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

he's going to say "uhh... uh.. technology heh heh" and get a standing ovation from the jury

remember when he got absolutely owned in the deposition?

this is going to be even better

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

infernal machines posted:

this doesn't appear to be "starlink", at least in as far as the constellation size and also their image of the satellite go. does spacex have more than one satellite broadband plan?

it seems to be the portion of starlink that had been officially submitted to the FCC at the time, since that submission contains the specific technical details needed to come up with an analysis like that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:yeshaha:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

jre posted:

I didn't think we'd top the Prince Andrew interview for most ill advised ignoring of professional advice, but here we are

when is this

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

when is this

couple weeks ago

he claimed that he didn’t rape that Epstein victim because she described her rapist as sweaty and he was unable to sweat at the time

he can’t sweat now though

why yes this is unprecedented in the annals of medical history look it’s a blue blood thing

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
certainly a thing for swine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

couple weeks ago

he claimed that he didn’t rape that Epstein victim because she described her rapist as sweaty and he was unable to sweat at the time

he can’t sweat now though

why yes this is unprecedented in the annals of medical history look it’s a blue blood thing

didn't he also claim to have never met Roberts despite the picture of him with his arm around her waist and Ghislane in the background lol