Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
it seems like a big deal when one teams support gets the +gpm jungle item and thje other one doesnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The courier item thing is hilarious and also sort of a clever outlet for those games that stalemate post 60 minutes

teams wipe at rosh, couriers with meteor hammer/necrobook/helm of dominator take down throne

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ZionestLord posted:

purge is the stupidest person in dota 2

This is an interesting opinion to have. Care to qualify that, or are we just going full troll?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
purge isn't the stupidest, he's just the stupidest person that people think is smart.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Omg Dota never dissapoints.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

god bless patch day

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

This is an interesting opinion to have. Care to qualify that, or are we just going full troll?

No trolling allowed!!!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Purge is still going over patch notes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

dreamleague qualifiers start on thursday by the way

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
is it weird that my takeaway from the patch notes is that Dota is gonna be much harder to observe? action is gonna be all over the place now

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Purge's patch streams are ridiculous mostly because he insists on trying to do much deeper analysis than is at all reasonable. There's a lot of interesting information there, but there's also a lot of (1) pulling out a calculator to figure out exactly how much damage some skill will do at rank 3 on a target with 20% spell resistance, (2) ten minutes of theorycrafting about how the change will affect skill and item builds for a particular hero, and (3) trying to test out every obscure interaction that occurs to him during the stream. Pretty much all of that is stuff he could cut with some discipline.

On the other hand, I think there's literally no incentive for him to do that. He got something like 2,000 subs today and was still picking them up until the very end. He probably doesn't get that if his stream is three hours instead of eight.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

rjmccall posted:

Purge's patch streams are ridiculous mostly because he insists on trying to do much deeper analysis than is at all reasonable. There's a lot of interesting information there, but there's also a lot of (1) pulling out a calculator to figure out exactly how much damage some skill will do at rank 3 on a target with 20% spell resistance, (2) ten minutes of theorycrafting about how the change will affect skill and item builds for a particular hero, and (3) trying to test out every obscure interaction that occurs to him during the stream. Pretty much all of that is stuff he could cut with some discipline.

On the other hand, I think there's literally no incentive for him to do that. He got something like 2,000 subs today and was still picking them up until the very end. He probably doesn't get that if his stream is three hours instead of eight.

yeah people tune in to seem him do his weird poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Purge rules

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Getting an arcane ring as a 5 pos from the first creep pull... :kisses:

Drop rate on items probably needs to be toned down a little bit, but it's nice to have something matter in game that's not just tower/lane pressure.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The courier item thing is hilarious and also sort of a clever outlet for those games that stalemate post 60 minutes

i really don’t think the game needs help with dislodging post 60 minute stalemates, but maybe that’s just me

Not too many games stall out at that point and those that do are Good To Watch

I can see there being an argument that like, at the last major, there were too many games where a team was ahead the whole game then took like a bad fight, bought back to secure rosh, and lost one or two cores at Rosh, and lost the whole game outright, and maybe all this extra stuff from map control would help a team that’s been ahead choke out a ‘beaten’ team instead of having a goofy coin flip rosh fight

But I dunno, I don’t think the late game needed to be made shorter, doesn’t seem like we’ve had any ridiculously long matches, and the few we did were usually really good

i have not had a chance to play the patch yet, but i, too, am skeptical of how you can balance the random item drops without making them much weake

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Also i am just not keen on like... courier plays being a part of ~Late Game Dota~

We had animalities and air force stuff in Dota 1 and i feel like it was fine for goofy stuff on battle.net but kinda hate the idea for current dota 2

That said, I guess the cost and extreme late game part of means you probably shouldn’t see like couriers sporting dagons or drive-by shivas plays or something very often

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

trip report on snapfire: shes bad

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

trip report on snapfire: shes bad

Seems like both of them might be. Could just be a case of people needing to figure them out more I guess. There's probably a lot of people misplaying the cookie on Snapfire right now.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
cap is convinced Void Spirit is broken and I think he likes Snapfire too. I'd link his stream but he didn't get either hero in the current game

It's too early to tell anyway. The Pango patch took forever to shake out, people thought Pango was horrible for like two months (Willow was completely busted from the start)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

that was also the patch everyone thought the tiny and morphling reworks were awful, and, well, lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

emdash posted:

cap is convinced Void Spirit is broken and I think he likes Snapfire too. I'd link his stream but he didn't get either hero in the current game

It's too early to tell anyway. The Pango patch took forever to shake out, people thought Pango was horrible for like two months (Willow was completely busted from the start)

When was the last time a new hero wasn't broken though

E: I was watching sing look at void spirit last night and basically his reaction to every skill was "it does HOW MUCH DAMAGE?"
E2: Especially the shield looks busted. The pulse does ridiculous amounts of damage

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Void is like the other spirits. Really good in the right hands. Probably the easiest of them all to play though.

Snapfire's ultimate is pretty baller in teamfights if the rest of her team can setup. Her slow is pretty decent in lane. Her cookie is situational, but free at least. Her third is... maybe too much concept. But I don't get coordinated teams in bad behavior so who the hell really knows.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

TheRat posted:

When was the last time a new hero wasn't broken though

E: I was watching sing look at void spirit last night and basically his reaction to every skill was "it does HOW MUCH DAMAGE?"
E2: Especially the shield looks busted. The pulse does ridiculous amounts of damage

my point was the new heroes have the bottom two winrates so far and people are starting go "they're poo poo" and it's probably not true!

i don't think pango was obviously broken right away unless i'm forgetting a nerf in the first week or something

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Playing pango you could tell there was something there and you were just bad, same with earth spirit or ember spirit

Snapfire sucks rear end tho, just like, bleh

The only thing htat feels good to use is the Q

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Void spirit is ridiculous and I love him. Pubs keep picking snapfire and don't really know what to do with her

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

This patch is nuclear-grade bonkers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

emdash posted:

Pango was horrible until he was heavily buffed

quote:

Swashbuckle
Now sets Pangolier's attack damage to the given values, instead of setting it to 0 and dealing spell damage.
Can now proc cleave, critical strike and lifesteal as well. [?]
Fixed Swashbuckle attacks not affecting spell immune units.
Shield Crash
Increased damage reduction per hit hero from 8%/10%/12%/14% to 9%/12%/15%/18%.
Now causes Pangolier to move 225 range forward as well. [?]
[U] Fixed Shield Crash not affecting ethereal enemies.
[U] Fixed Shield Crash getting canceled when getting dispelled during the jump.
Rolling Thunder
Now has a 1.2 second cast time, instead of a 1.2 second channel time.
The roll speed can no longer be reduced by movement speed slows. [?]
Increased turn rate from 105/110/115 to 120 on each level.
Increased roll speed from 550/575/600 to 600 on each level.
Increased damage from 200/250/300 to 200/275/350.
[U] Increased duration from 6/7/8 to 8 on each level.
Level 25 left talent: Increased Rolling Thunder cooldown reduction from 12 to 16.

That said Void Spirits probably a good 3 and Spitfires a good 4 or 5.

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 27, 2019

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
The random item from jungle creeps might be better if it doesn't activate until the first T3 tower on either side is down.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I think you guys are overestimating the power of these neutral drops. They're useful but there's enough of them and drop chances are low enough that you really can't speculate on a specific hero + item combo. There's a global announcement when they're picked up so it's not a complete surprise either, it's about forcing people to adapt and not blindly pick the same items every game

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'm watching merlini play puck and maybe these other dudes are bad but this hero seems good

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

I think you guys are overestimating the power of these neutral drops. They're useful but there's enough of them and drop chances are low enough that you really can't speculate on a specific hero + item combo. There's a global announcement when they're picked up so it's not a complete surprise either, it's about forcing people to adapt and not blindly pick the same items every game

That announcements only for your team I believe. And you're right you can't speculate an getting aghs tome on morph and imp claw so he's critting you for 2k after morphing into shaker at 18m. Meanwhile you have an essence ring so you can spend 200 mana to heal for 300

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 27, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I sincerely hate Snapfire's visual design, and Void Spirit is just boring looking.

I miss when Valve had good artists doing weird polynesian stuff like jugg and bs. :(

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Dont think we really have an abundance of cranky crazy old ladies to call Spitfire boring honestly.

It's an old lady on a salamander which is rad

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Kild posted:

That announcements only for your team I believe. And you're right you can't speculate an getting aghs tome on morph and imp claw so he's critting you for 2k after morphing into shaker at 18m. Meanwhile you have an essence ring so you can spend 200 mana to heal for 300

Is it that much different from a dd rune spawning for the Morph right as they get aghs? Some of the items might need some tweaking but the drop rate is pseudo rng so map control will pretty reliably get you more stuff.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I'm surprised they didn't rework the TB aghs, it's probably one of the worst in the game with all of these new works and no one bought it before.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
its pretty funny how as a pos5 you end up being a trashcan for neutral items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the item balance is definitely out of whack for now. repair kit, helm of undying, and a few others are going to have to be adjusted or removed. but it's real hard to balance 60 items correctly on the first try

very interested to see how 7.23a looks