Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Joe is wonderful because he's just such a pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I love Greg’s Popcorn Classics. It’s always some mediocre forgotten movie and he just keeps doing it.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The constant Oh, God! references always get me because that was a movie my Dad loving loved for some reason. I’ve seen Oh, God! like 20 times.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I've just started the series from the beginning with my girlfriend. Midway through Season One and enjoying it so far, but excited for all the world-building everyone talks about to start coming into fruition.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

The constant Oh, God! references always get me because that was a movie my Dad loving loved for some reason. I’ve seen Oh, God! like 20 times.

There may not be a funnier moment in the series than when Tim is going through his crack vape haze and Gregg is babbling endlessly and throws in a reference to Oh, God! Even while strung out and barely conscious; the mention of that movie causes Tim to spring back awake with terror in his eyes.

It's masterful.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If I had more time, I'd love to do a podcast reviewing all the popcorn classics.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

sponges posted:

YouTube comments are obviously lovely, but the ones for On Cinema are kinda funny. Everyone is on board and plays along with the bit. It’s great.

#greghead

The Facebook group page is the most fun I've had on FB

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Tim Heidecker is a loving murderer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Technically not a murderer.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

So glad Justin Gaynor (who runs the On Cinema Timeline) shot some footage from the screening. It definitely was surreal to watch with other people belly laughing the whole time.

https://twitter.com/justingaynor/status/1196139233641222146

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That viewing seems like it ruled and I wish I could have been there.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE0pBci6wVY

Tim is hosed.

Gregg so wants legitimacy.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lets talk about the animated movies, huh?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

is joe baked here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAttlFcO6g&t=4540s

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh God. I had never heard of this. I randomly saw this thread. I started watching. Funny but slow burn, but the burn is rapidly accelerating, now in the middle of season 3. My brain is melting.

Why is Hayako lying about that tape and how did she get into Gregg's house?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Tim’s performance during the HEI financial evaluation is gutting to me. Tim obviously deserves it, but his mannerisms are very similar to mine when reacting to truly dire circumstances.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Tim (and Gregg too) is a fantastic actor, honestly. The show would extremely not work at all if they played their characters too broad, and a lot of the funniest moments come from all the subtle speech mannerisms and body language.

This manifesto is given with the exact amount of coherence and confidence that I've experienced with every conservative millennial I've interacted with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYcJvDvzZQ

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I love every single time Gregg teeters close to breaking into laughter. He's such an odd guy, and his entire career has been anti-humor, fueled by having a great sense of humor himself. I love it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQHcF5NjDVI

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Franchescanado posted:

I love every single time Gregg teeters close to breaking into laughter. He's such an odd guy, and his entire career has been anti-humor, fueled by having a great sense of humor himself. I love it.

Catching people corpsing on camera is the rarest, most delicious of treats that this whole show has to offer.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

man this season is kinda heavy

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Zas posted:

man this season is kinda heavy

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1200913256958681088?s=21

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’m up to season 7 and the slot machine graphic in the intro is the dumbest poo poo I’ve ever seen, it rules.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

when you got films like tom cruise in them you can't lose

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thankfully
https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1201291306045018112
but there are so many chekov's guns in play im sure someone is going to die

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I started with season 1(not the podcast) and why does gregg like lord of the rings so much

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's more specifically, The Hobbit. And it was one of the few things that both Tim and Gregg loved. That trilogy's overall reputation makes that gag great.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The season finale: Tim 100% hurt himself in a botched suicide attempt. I thought he was going to accidentally shoot someone this season but didn't see this turn coming at all.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

actually turned out much less grim than the electric sun 20 or tom cruise heidecker jr

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'm in season 2, why isn't Greg co-host yet? The oscar special seemed to be pretty clear that Greg would be co-host after the special and not much later in 2014. But in S2 he's still a guest.

Is this explained or is it a continuity error? Did I miss something during the special?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why cant tim just let him be cohost

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Joining me today is my guest Gregg... Turkington

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good I just got to the Tom Cruise Jr episode where he's crying the whole time while Ayaka tries unsuccessfully to comfort him, and snot is coming out of him like a faucet. And Tim and Gregg are stone faced and completely ignoring it the whole time. How the hell did they manage this?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Good I just got to the Tom Cruise Jr episode where he's crying the whole time while Ayaka tries unsuccessfully to comfort him, and snot is coming out of him like a faucet. And Tim and Gregg are stone faced and completely ignoring it the whole time. How the hell did they manage this?

I have no idea if they specifically tried to find a colicky baby or what but that one makes me generally uncomfortable with how much and how hard the kid is crying the entire time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ayaka is doing her best to comfort him! I felt bad but they definitely were not doing anything to agitate the child

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Tom Cruise Jr is also Gregg's son in real life, so maybe the kid just wanted his dad to stop talking about Oh, God!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Tom Cruise Jr is also Gregg's son in real life, so maybe the kid just wanted his dad to stop talking about Oh, God!

Highly disturbing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Tom Cruise Jr is also Gregg's son in real life

Wait for real? I haven’t seen that anywhere

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I don't think it's been "confirmed" anywhere, but people on the On Cinema subreddit made a point of it. Also his wife posted a few pictures of them out as a family and the kid is a spitting image of TCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh my God they killed TCH

My jaw was on the floor the whole episode. Then I watched the Oscar special and saw his "return". This is the darkest thing I have ever non stop laughed at.