Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
73 year old lady was killed in the parking lot of one of my local Cosctos yesterday.

https://fox17online.com/2019/11/26/pedestrian-hit-killed-in-costco-parking-lot/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

prices you would kill for

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The wastes of the Costco parking lot are the trials you must complete before you partake in the sweet bargains contained within. Ain't nothin free except refills

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
It didn't say but I hope she was leaving so maybe her last meal was a $1.50 dog and refill!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Could pick up a Costco coffin

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Could pick up a Costco coffin

Chicken bake wake

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Surviving family tearfully walks back inside Costco to get black dress socks for the funeral

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Chicken bake wake

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
2 different people got shot for 2 different reasons (not the same time or month) at my local Costco Parking lot. :shrug: The gist here is that parking lots are not good places to rob people during a craigslist deal and ex-partners who show violent tendencies should not be able to buy weapons. No one should, really.

Be safe out there, kids!

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Went this morning on mother's orders to get pumpkin pie for tomorrow. It was clearly a holy day of obligation but everyone I encountered was polite and the registers were moving quickly.

Got a berry sundae on the way out.

Feeling thankful for Costco.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trastion posted:

73 year old lady was killed in the parking lot of one of my local Cosctos yesterday.

https://fox17online.com/2019/11/26/pedestrian-hit-killed-in-costco-parking-lot/

Costco parking lots have zero traffic control and I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often. There are way too many frustrated drivers and frustrated pedestrians for them to just leave the parking lot as a free-for-all.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah, our parking lot is such a warzone that I drive around the back of the parking lot and use one the parking spots near the end of the rows.

I'm young and healthy enough that an extra 15 seconds of walking isn't gonna kill me and it's worth it to just avoid everyone else.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Friday I might attempt a wake bake and chicken bake

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Places to avoid the next four days: Costco

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Irvine parking lot is a hellscape wasteland. You're not getting through without a war rig. One entrance and two full aisles of the parking lot are closed off to make lanes for the gas station. The rest of the parking lot is fully of elderly drivers in Lexuses who immigrated to the US as adults from countries where driving and personal car ownership wasn't a thing.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My Costco's gas station is a terrifying place.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SirPablo posted:

Places to avoid the next four days: Costco

Thinking about going to Costco today actually.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I would rather have 5.5 jamon serranos than 1 jamon iberico. Thanks for listening.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

FogHelmut posted:

The Irvine parking lot is a hellscape wasteland. You're not getting through without a war rig. One entrance and two full aisles of the parking lot are closed off to make lanes for the gas station. The rest of the parking lot is fully of elderly drivers in Lexuses who immigrated to the US as adults from countries where driving and personal car ownership wasn't a thing.

That sounds like my Costco. Tried to go there just the other day and spent 15 minutes waiting in line just to turn into the parking lot. You basically have to wait for someone to be kind and let you through.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I would rather have 5.5 jamon serranos than 1 jamon iberico. Thanks for listening.

Like 5.5 regular dogs instead of one dinner dog?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Like 5.5 regular dogs instead of one dinner dog?

No, just that while I agree that Iberico is the superior jamon, it is not 5.5x better or worth 5.5x the cost of Serrano. I don't think that most Costco shoppers could tell the difference, either.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

No, just that while I agree that Iberico is the superior jamon, it is not 5.5x better or worth 5.5x the cost of Serrano. I don't think that most Costco shoppers could tell the difference, either.

Excuse me, I'm a Costco shopper, I have very refined taste. Now hand me one of those eight pound pumpkin pies.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah, the Iberico will be better, but the price difference for the Serrano makes it the better choice by far unless money grows on trees for you.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

FCKGW posted:

I stopped by Costco in Tustin today (holy gently caress that's the busiest I have ever seen it) and they had the first christmas tree truck pulled up and were starting to set up lot up. probably start selling in the next day or two.

Is that the one by the old airplane hangars? That parking lot is a nightmare. I drive out of my way to the one in FV. You don’t need to go inside the FV store to get tasty hot dogs/smoothies and it’s next to Fry’s Electronics.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Not only has the site been down all day, they're now private on Twitter

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pinecone Sample posted:

Not only has the site been down all day, they're now private on Twitter

They've been private on Twitter for a long time. I remember checking maybe a month or so ago and they were private. I wanted to bitch about Trump Jr.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I’m taking my car up to get my slowly leaking front tires repaired tomorrow. Appointment isn’t till 6pm so I’m hoping the Black Friday craziness has gone by then.

For those that have done car repair stuff at Costco before, are there parking spots on the side of the building near the bays or something? Is it required to get a dog while waiting?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

I’m taking my car up to get my slowly leaking front tires repaired tomorrow. Appointment isn’t till 6pm so I’m hoping the Black Friday craziness has gone by then.

For those that have done car repair stuff at Costco before, are there parking spots on the side of the building near the bays or something? Is it required to get a dog while waiting?

At my Costco, there are parking spots near the tire center that have signs that say that they are for the tire center only. I don't know if those are universal, though.

Dog is not mandatory but a good idea because it may take a while if they're busy and you wouldn't want to shop hungry.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yes, dog is not mandatory, but it certainly should be.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Divine Styler posted:

Is that the one by the old airplane hangars? That parking lot is a nightmare. I drive out of my way to the one in FV. You don’t need to go inside the FV store to get tasty hot dogs/smoothies and it’s next to Fry’s Electronics.

They're blimp hangars. :colbert:

That's my closest Costco to my office, it isnt the worst thing ever on my lunch break or right after work but I don't even try to go to the co on the weekends. Park in the first spot you see and don't bring a cart is my strategy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone venture out to Costco today?

E - I am here. No trees yet.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 29, 2019

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

FogHelmut posted:

I’m about to. Hopefully the crowds have died down

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

No turkeys left either. Really weird. The last two years I got them heavily discounted they say after Thanksgiving.

I asked about trees, all they could say was "they're on their way."

Edit - that bitch. As I'm pulling out I'm seeing people loading trees onto their cars.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 29, 2019

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Busy but not a zoo. One guy tried to help me track down the Wemo smartplugs that were on sale but they must have sold out.

Dude in the food court looked frazzled. Somehow my mom had never had the hotdog before so at least I got to introduce someone new to it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Whole lot of nothing on sale

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got a tree, an Instapot on sale for $65, and a turkey dinner $10 off.

Was eyeing the prime strip loin for $25 off per package.

Did buy the new Kirkland brand boneless skinless chicken thighs. The packaging is thinner than Foster Farms. Taste test this week.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Whole lot of nothing on sale

People there said that people seemed to show up without much of a plan in mind

Not that we were any better; left with a block of Tillamook, saffron, and bourbon

Edit: has anyone tried the ribs from the deli? What about the Kirkland no-salt seasoning?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Waiting to get my new tires installed, eating a dog. Overall pretty painless and not super busy here. The tire center guy seems like kind of a dick, but considering the date I’ll let it slide.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Costco's website was applying the $120 off discount for the Sonos Playbar to the Sonos Beam instead on top of the $70 black friday sale so I grabbed two for $180 each(regularly $369). Just got a shipping confirmation and a tracking number so it looks like they are going to honor the mistake.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FogHelmut posted:

I went and got socks. Black Friday is basically a joke now so I just walked to the checkout.