Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

This thread is for people who have to work during Thanksgiving. Don't post here if you're some bougie who's getting to spend it with their "family".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I get to spend Thanksgiving with my family.

Before 10am and after 6pm.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I carry my cellphone w a vpn for work email. I work 24x7x365

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

I carry my cellphone w a vpn for work email. I work 24x7x365

drat your O.T. must be insane

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'll be making sure stock traders get their ticker feeds so they get rich. lmao

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm no longer in retail, but I did it for 17 years. gently caress being open on loving Thanksgiving.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm getting time and a half!!!

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
If you shop on Thanksgiving or Black Friday you are part of the problem. Inshallah.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shamino posted:

If you shop on Thanksgiving or Black Friday you are part of the problem. Inshallah.

This goon gets it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

If you leave the confines of your home on Thanksgiving for any reason other than your boss told u too you must tip every worker you meet at least a ten. Sometimes you will meet people who are not allowed to accept tips. You must wait until their boss isn't looking then tip them anyway-

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If you leave the confines of your home on Thanksgiving for any reason other than your boss told u too you must tip every worker you meet at least a ten. Sometimes you will meet people who are not allowed to accept tips. You must wait until their boss isn't looking then tip them anyway-

I’m going to an Amish family restaurant with big rear end bowls of foodstuffs. I will tip 5%, nah I usually tip like 30% for real. Don’t be an rear end when out if you can afford to eat/drink out.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I work on cars, so I get Thursday off but back Friday. The annoying part for me is everyone puts off warning lights, bald tires, service lights, clunks and grinding until they're "about to go on a trip" and want their car fixed like we can just pull parts out of thin air.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

At the time of 11pm on Thursday you will meet Carl behind the old stone building on West 34th street. Go straight into the back alley, follow it until you reach the door. Do not talk to Minnie, she will ask for a key. You will remember the tip in your pocket hand this to Carl

zaepg fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 28, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I aint tipping people poo poo. I'm gonna shop till i drop from Thursday to Friday.

Get hosed working America!

*shoots nerf guns in air*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I aint tipping people poo poo. I'm gonna shop till i drop from Thursday to Friday.

Get hosed working America!

*shoots nerf guns in air*

Not tipping, capitalism, man child...finger hovers.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Shamino posted:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I gotta make a turkey and a casserole tomorrow and buy cool gifts for my family! As someone who has worked black Friday at Walmart one year, I wish everyone goodluck and gods speed.

Also, have you seen that new gatling gun nerf gun? How am I not gonna buy that.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i will be working on thanksgiving because i'm not in america and so don't have any reason to celebrate the beginnings of the european invasion of america.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

This is terrible, I'm working on thanks givings day.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
can't wait to visit you at home depot/lowes because I'm inexplicably doing home improvement on a major holiday

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I gotta make a turkey and a casserole tomorrow and buy cool gifts for my family! As someone who has worked black Friday at Walmart one year, I wish everyone goodluck and gods speed.

Also, have you seen that new gatling gun nerf gun? How am I not gonna buy that.

I did. 10 years ago. For my 8 year old.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
imma work, but not very hard.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Burt Sexual posted:

I did. 10 years ago. For my 8 year old.

Buy 2. Have a father child nerf gun war. Or just shoot 2 giant nerf guns.

Either or really. :golgo:

OMFG FURRY posted:

imma work, but not very hard.

:911:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Buy 2. Have a father child nerf gun war. Or just shoot 2 giant nerf guns.

Either or really. :golgo:

:911:

We had... so many guns it was fun. I found a round in a lamp twenty feet up from years ago

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I also worked Toys R Us (:rip:) during the holiday season and my overnight job was organizing the nerf gun aisle lmao. I recently gave away 10 years worth of Gunz to Goodwill.

If it makes anyone feel any better I do black Friday at a mall during normal hours. No lines or fights. No doorbusters either, but who really wants to fight people for a tv?

As for the rest of you working in non-retail, idk, fall asleep at work?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I currently work in imo the worst type of store to work on any holiday, the convenience store.

Today you're not making the big sales, you're just feeding the monsters about to go actually shop their pregame sugar and caffeine.

You're also always playing bartender to the sad saps who are drunk and arguing with family and need to get out of the house so they come buy tobacco and throw away their money on scratch tickets and on holidays they multiply.

However there's a cute single mom I've been flirting with who doesn't have her kids with her this year and she promised to bring me some vegetarian Thanksgiving food. I'm kinda excited about that, depending how things go I might ask her if I can pay her back by covering drinks some night! Also I'm getting paid time and a half! Im trying to stay positive here, my life sucks!

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Woof Blitzer posted:

I'll be making sure stock traders get their ticker feeds so they get rich. lmao

like, the old timey kind where it's paper shooting out of glass thing? (do they still have those?)

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Making double work to report to this thread. thx OP

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Suspect A posted:

Making double work to report to this thread. thx OP

Thank you for the emotional labor (posts).

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

great big cardboard tube posted:

I currently work in imo the worst type of store to work on any holiday, the convenience store.

Today you're not making the big sales, you're just feeding the monsters about to go actually shop their pregame sugar and caffeine.

You're also always playing bartender to the sad saps who are drunk and arguing with family and need to get out of the house so they come buy tobacco and throw away their money on scratch tickets and on holidays they multiply.

However there's a cute single mom I've been flirting with who doesn't have her kids with her this year and she promised to bring me some vegetarian Thanksgiving food. I'm kinda excited about that, depending how things go I might ask her if I can pay her back by covering drinks some night! Also I'm getting paid time and a half! Im trying to stay positive here, my life sucks!

good luck with the milf

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Drove into work at 5:30 this morning. It was absolutely wonderful, not another car on the road. After that it's all poo poo though.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I’m part of the night crew at work, so I get to wake up early and have a thoroughly sober dinner with the family, then drag my rear end in for the usual 10p to 6a

:toot:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Does it count if I'm only working for myself today?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am a pet sitter so Thanksgiving and X-Mas are like the biggest days of the year.

We didn’t use to charge extra for Holiday visits, the thinking being that we would cannibalize our own tips if people felt like we were charging more.

Turns out that after 4 years of data, our boss implemented a “Holiday fee” because all the rich people weren’t tipping us anyway, LOL, so at least this year we’ll make a little extra.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk what y'all are talking about itt, Thanksgiving was a month ago eh

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

haunted bong posted:

good luck with the milf

The real reason for the holidays

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
At work

Bored
Bitchy
Got a bump on my gum by a crown

Awesome

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
At work too. I think we also should celebrate and be thankfull on this day that we sent all the Americans across the ocean.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My wife works today but we celebrated her fam's Thanksgiving last weekend and we're celebrating my fam's on Saturday so there really isn't reason for her to take the day off anyway. Still lame-ish but not extra terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

This is the moment where every year I'm reminded that you guys eat turkey, have awkward conversations with family members you won't see until next year and revision the history behind your holiday.

:canada:

Looking forward to christmas where I'll eat turkey through awkward conversations with family members I won't see until next year over a holiday whose history we don't care about.