Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Shut up Meg posted:

If he fell in a barrel of tits, he'd come up sucking his thumb.
*tony soprano voice* it starts to make you wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nothing ever ends...

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

How many weeks has it been?

They raised the bridge on October 29th according to the video the channel posted of it being raised.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
"It's been 22 days since they re-opened the road :)"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Look how beautiful our freshly painted bridge is, It's like it's out of the 1950s!!

Also, that vid says a piece falls off but actually two pieces fell off : )

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

KoRMaK posted:

Look how beautiful our freshly painted bridge is, It's like it's out of the 1950s!!

Also, that vid says a piece falls off but actually two pieces fell off : )

Sorry to be pedantic but only one thing falling off was a piece. The other was simply a bit.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

chitoryu12 posted:

One of the comments says it's been 22 days since they re-opened the road

Edit: last post on the page =/= last post in thread :downs:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Hagstrom_Anders/status/1199424892732657664

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wrong Washington?

EDIT: Nvm, just loaded the tweet thread. Wasn't as bad as I'd thought.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

All I can think is back in the good ol' days that would have been a can opener :(

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

chitoryu12 posted:

Memento posted:

Let's set the over-under on how long before someone hits it at 23 days. End of the month.

I'm taking the under.

loving called it.

Memento fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 28, 2019

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Your Gay Uncle posted:

These are kind of long and technical but it is great fun to watch someone live stream what the scammers are actually trying to do with your computer while you let them remote control your desktop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikcHIkwUDvU

Thank you so much for linking this channel. The part at the end where he calls her on her bullshit, and she promises to never lie, cheat or steal again, just so long as the 'old lady' sends her $1500. I just can't.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Memento posted:

loving called it.

:drat: to the day

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4iMv0pAZVR/?utm_source=ig_embed

Apparently this happened a while ago but the news just came out now. They did crash into innocent people but I think the joy of two idiots crashing their vetted and being arrested and humiliated publicly offsets that.

E: yes how I forot to mention that it's FATHER AND SON crashing into each other while drag racing their (presumably) matching cars in a loving tunmel

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 28, 2019

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Apparently this happened a while ago but the news just came out now. They did crash into innocent people but I think the joy of two idiots crashing their vetted and being arrested and humiliated publicly offsets that.

Father and Son. One fled the scene yet still uploaded that video to Instagram. Stupidity runs thick in those genes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Beartaco posted:

Thank you so much for linking this channel. The part at the end where he calls her on her bullshit, and she promises to never lie, cheat or steal again, just so long as the 'old lady' sends her $1500. I just can't.

It warms my heart to see everyone enjoying Kitboga :unsmith:

in addition to being hilarious and creative, he's a good dude

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

bell jar posted:

:drat: to the day

He was driving the truck...

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

It warms my heart to see everyone enjoying Kitboga :unsmith:

in addition to being hilarious and creative, he's a good dude

He's incredible, I checked out some of his most popular videos and I felt genuine terror listening to the scam artist scream at one of his personas. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be an octogenarian and one of their targets. Kitboga is doing the lord's work.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
There's another guy that does the same thing but tries to back track or get control of the scammers PC's. He's more then once activated winlocker and varients and nuked their entire Enterprise. It's amazing to watch. The one time he managed to access the scammers webcam while they went through their spiel and didn't notice him messing with their server.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I've recently started getting calls that my social security number (speaking of scams) has been suspended. Lol

The car warranty calls I try to answer, I usually get hung up on in just about the amount of time it would take for someone to google a 'ford corolla' or 'jeep miata'.

I know I'm never going to annoy them enough to get them to stop calling me, but I can hope!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This year one new thing I've been seeing, which isn't necessarily a scam but is illegal, is someone calling and identifying themselves, saying who the call is for (although this part is often a computer-generated voice, like Microsoft SAM saying "John Doe," and sometimes includes a 30-second pause so if it is not the person being called they can hang up (when I worked in financial services this was something we did, so it is rooted in legit practices). Some of the real-life people sound pretty convincing, too, but not all of them. The text of the message is some quasi-official-sounding thing, like:

"I am calling in regards to matter #1186-3. We have been trying to reach you for 2 weeks, and if we do not hear back in 48 hours then the issue will be forwarded to your local jurisdiction for further action. Please call me back at 800-469-2187."

The thing is, most of the time I get these the person being asked for is my brother or my ex-wife.

In one case where I actually interacted with the person calling I was able to determine the caller was from a debt-collection company, and had probably found me through one of those people-search things that show people that may be connected to the person you are searching on. The thing is, having worked in the financial industry myself, I know that disclosing someone's debt to a 3rd party is a flagrant violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA). The penalties for FDCPA violations can result in fines not only for the company responsible, but the individual employee in violation.

I haven't got one of these in a while, and it is usually voicemails when I do, but part of me wants to put the fear of god into one of these vultures.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I get calls for lower health insurance rates! press 5 to speak with an agent!
It goes like this

Are you a resident of California?
Yes

What is your age?

Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Yes, I chew
*ptooey*

Do you have any serious medical conditions like heart disease, cancer or dementia?
I have dementia and a prolapsed rectum.

Then they hang up.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Do you know if it's coming or going?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

mobby_6kl posted:

E: yes how I forot to mention that it's FATHER AND SON crashing into each other while drag racing their (presumably) matching cars in a loving tunmel

I don't know why these idiots have to do this poo poo in the tunnels. If you're going to drag race do it on the GWB where there are enough lanes so when you crash you won't cause as much traffic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mobby_6kl posted:

So loving stupid, glad they got what they deserved and nobody died

bossy lady posted:

I don't know why these idiots have to do this poo poo in the tunnels. If you're going to drag race do it on the GWB where there are enough lanes so when you crash you won't cause as much traffic.

Or go to a goddamn drag strip they're cheap and you won't loving kill some family of 4 that way

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/RenandStimpySon/status/1200121171418767360?s=20

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

gotta go flat

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This year one new thing I've been seeing, which isn't necessarily a scam but is illegal, is someone calling and identifying themselves, saying who the call is for (although this part is often a computer-generated voice, like Microsoft SAM saying "John Doe," and sometimes includes a 30-second pause so if it is not the person being called they can hang up (when I worked in financial services this was something we did, so it is rooted in legit practices). Some of the real-life people sound pretty convincing, too, but not all of them. The text of the message is some quasi-official-sounding thing, like:

"I am calling in regards to matter #1186-3. We have been trying to reach you for 2 weeks, and if we do not hear back in 48 hours then the issue will be forwarded to your local jurisdiction for further action. Please call me back at 800-469-2187."

The thing is, most of the time I get these the person being asked for is my brother or my ex-wife.

In one case where I actually interacted with the person calling I was able to determine the caller was from a debt-collection company, and had probably found me through one of those people-search things that show people that may be connected to the person you are searching on. The thing is, having worked in the financial industry myself, I know that disclosing someone's debt to a 3rd party is a flagrant violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA). The penalties for FDCPA violations can result in fines not only for the company responsible, but the individual employee in violation.

I haven't got one of these in a while, and it is usually voicemails when I do, but part of me wants to put the fear of god into one of these vultures.

Those websites that just mash together random people's contact info own. For a good while I got emails intended for a music producer & ended up messing with Lindsay Lohan's people.

Gonna link the post because it would be a pain in the rear end to quote it from a closed thread (I was called Snapchat A Titty then, so those quotes are from me):
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712267&pagenumber=511&perpage=40#post456016998

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Minutes ago in Mississippi ...

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/1200259440332746752

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ole Miss more like Ole Miss the Extra Point amiright guys? Who's got me up high :):hf:

Ole Piss

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Ole Miss the Extra Point

Will suggest that as my trivia team's name next week. "Tua Hip to Quit" got some great chuckles in the bar a few weeks ago.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ralph Hurley posted:

I get calls for lower health insurance rates! press 5 to speak with an agent!
It goes like this

Are you a resident of California?
Yes

What is your age?

Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Yes, I chew
*ptooey*

Do you have any serious medical conditions like heart disease, cancer or dementia?
I have dementia and a prolapsed rectum.

Then they hang up.

But you already fell for the scam where you press 5 and it dials a premium rate line.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

UCS Hellmaker posted:

There's another guy that does the same thing but tries to back track or get control of the scammers PC's. He's more then once activated winlocker and varients and nuked their entire Enterprise. It's amazing to watch. The one time he managed to access the scammers webcam while they went through their spiel and didn't notice him messing with their server.

Taking control of the scammers pc was surprisingly easy. For a time (maybe they still do that?) Teamviewer actually didn't allow any remote sessions to originate in India because it was pretty much only used by scammers. So the scammers had you remote into their pc and then used the function to flip the remote session to take control of your pc. But you had to initiate the flip before they could do anything so while controlling the scammers pc you could simply turn of their mouse, keyboard and monitor and rummage around in there until they realized what you are doing and turned the computer off.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I guess they'll be Ole Piss (or Dog Piss) henceforth.

Content that's also a pro tip:

https://i.imgur.com/9HpeOVy.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/ZvsZvAQ.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUoNIIIfDtk

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/1ixl57l.mp4

Sound on.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I like how you can tell from the very beginning that this is going to be a nut shot just by how it's framed <simpsons_ahmygroin.gif>

I guess you could say he got his nut cracked am I right fellas? Who's got me up h

Yes you're right :smith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/4d9h92s.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/matgVny.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
loving :laffo: at 'Bama