Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Wait I’m really confused about fishing now. How do you increase reel speed with a controller? The game doesn’t tell me I can do that. Are you just talking about when you jerk the rod towards you and it goes faster for a second?

I went on the trip down the beach with Kieran for the legendary fish, but after a few minutes he was just like “yeah you need to buy a lure from a shop, this is boring, see ya”. I already have a lake lure but I guess that’s not what he means :confused:

As for badass horses, I have a mustang and he does not give a poo poo, he tramples gators without a second thought.

1. You spin the right stick clockwise fast as you can.

2. There's a lure shop north of St. Denis in the swamp.

3. gently caress the haters go up to the mountains and track down the White Arabian, it makes the most sense narratively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Man, there are too many loving poopsockers :argh:. Trying to get my last free roam event win for the belt and it's always like a level 150 dude with 5x the score of the next lowest person. Like I've been really focusing the fishing event, and the last two were ridiculous. I finished second on a lake fishing one with like 30-ish pounds to a level 120's.... 90lbs. Next was a swamp one where I finished 3rd with 25 pounds, 2nd was 34 pounds, and first was a level 146 with like 85 pounds.

I can't outright say they're cheating, but it feels like there are some shenanigans going on. Is there some way to cheese fishing? I feel like I'm doing pretty solid (I know about using deadeye to find fish, pulling the rod, etc) but what they're doing seems borderline impossible.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

3. gently caress the haters go up to the mountains and track down the White Arabian, it makes the most sense narratively.

I stumbled upon it completely randomly as I was hunting in the mountains and since then it's my go-to horse. So pretty but also gets dirty quickly

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Hakarne posted:

Man, there are too many loving poopsockers :argh:. Trying to get my last free roam event win for the belt and it's always like a level 150 dude with 5x the score of the next lowest person. Like I've been really focusing the fishing event, and the last two were ridiculous. I finished second on a lake fishing one with like 30-ish pounds to a level 120's.... 90lbs. Next was a swamp one where I finished 3rd with 25 pounds, 2nd was 34 pounds, and first was a level 146 with like 85 pounds.

I can't outright say they're cheating, but it feels like there are some shenanigans going on. Is there some way to cheese fishing? I feel like I'm doing pretty solid (I know about using deadeye to find fish, pulling the rod, etc) but what they're doing seems borderline impossible.

I agree with all of this. I've stopped doing free roam events because of it.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Taintrunner posted:

2. There's a lure shop north of St. Denis in the swamp.

Rode out there and she doesn’t have special lures. Apparently you need to find a stranger first before they unlock. Don’t know why it’s some big complicated secret when there’s just a straight up camp mission introducing legendary non-fish animals. (Also I will never use the Arabian, screw you guys with your tiny squash-faced horses, work horses 4 lyfe)

Dont know if anyone else had this problem, but I had a bug where clouds/lightning would only appear for a few seconds before clearing. I didn’t know rain was even possible in the game. Guess they fixed it, cause I was blown away when I went out of a Saint Denis shop and saw the streets covered in puddles and a gale blowing. Looks very cool.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Hakarne posted:

The absolute worst one is Railroad Baron. What should be a really fun king of the hill devolves into everybody spawn-killing each other while one person sits on the train and wins.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Rode out there and she doesn’t have special lures. Apparently you need to find a stranger first before they unlock. Don’t know why it’s some big complicated secret when there’s just a straight up camp mission introducing legendary non-fish animals. (Also I will never use the Arabian, screw you guys with your tiny squash-faced horses, work horses 4 lyfe)

I think you need to find the stranger, Gil? He's south of Valentine, on the coast of Flat Iron Lake by a cabin with a pier. I believe talking to him unlocks the special lures.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Got a cool raccoon hat and 10 gold bars from enabling 2-step verification.

Also, new Nvidia drivers are out. Supposed to fix issues for those using Vulkan.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Considering picking this game up on PC. It's -25% right now. Was kind of waiting until it comes to Steam (next month supposedly), but it's definitely gonna require the Rockstar Launcher, even on Steam, right?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
No matter what platform you buy the game on for PC it will require the rockstar launcher as far as I am aware.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Considering picking this game up on PC. It's -25% right now. Was kind of waiting until it comes to Steam (next month supposedly), but it's definitely gonna require the Rockstar Launcher, even on Steam, right?

I was also going to wait for steam and more fixes but I broke down and bought it. No regrets. SP is outstanding, a bit slow paced but that in the end is what makes it work.

Online is perfectly adequate. I have never been actually griefed, killed, sure, but never ran into anyone yet who was actively looking to spoil my night.

I also coughed up enough gold to just buy the collector trade right away and that has helped with both income and leveling.

Been running bounties and collecting crap for a week now, it's been fun, but I can see it getting repetitive in a month.

Also do read the gun reviews before you buy the more expensive guns thinking they are automatically better, it doesn't seem to be universally the case. Besides all you need is a pump shotgun... It solves all my problems.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Yeah onlinewise at least right now it's nothing like GTA:O in terms of actual griefing or people getting up in your business. The vastness of the map probably contributes, but between defensive mode and being able to spot red players from twice as far as they can see you you can avoid a lot of poo poo. I've played like 50+ hrs in online and only really got hassled once, and that's solved by just selecting another session. You can hunt or collect or do deliveries or whatever in peace 99% of the time.

Supposedly theres a big update coming in December as well.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

loving rad. Booted up today to do some legendary hunting and can't get the game to output sound to my main speakers. Other games work fine, as do youtube videos and the like. Plugged in my wireless headset, game audio. Unplug headset, silence. At least I made some progress and got the legendary bison and tamed the white arabian, but poo poo, this audio issue is weird.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

bunky posted:

loving rad. Booted up today to do some legendary hunting and can't get the game to output sound to my main speakers. Other games work fine, as do youtube videos and the like. Plugged in my wireless headset, game audio. Unplug headset, silence. At least I made some progress and got the legendary bison and tamed the white arabian, but poo poo, this audio issue is weird.

Are you loading online at some point? I had audio gently caress up for me when it was trying to use a mic device that was no longer present when loading the game, which was fixed by disabling voicecomm all together ingame.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Fishstick posted:

Are you loading online at some point? I had audio gently caress up for me when it was trying to use a mic device that was no longer present when loading the game, which was fixed by disabling voicecomm all together ingame.

Nah. I've never even accessed online yet. I've rebooted, verified the game integrity and changed audio devices a few times with no luck. Super weird.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
this game sure is pretty

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is there any possible reason to wait and buy RDR2 on Steam instead of the current Epic sale?

any steam exclusive features or multiplayer segmentation? achievements, I guess?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pmchem posted:

Is there any possible reason to wait and buy RDR2 on Steam instead of the current Epic sale?

any steam exclusive features or multiplayer segmentation? achievements, I guess?

No Steam achievements, but that's about it. Go with whatever platform you can find the best sale for.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I said come in! posted:

No Steam achievements, but that's about it. Go with whatever platform you can find the best sale for.

if I buy it on greenmangaming what do I get, a key to activate on the rockstar launcher? or...?

edit: also is the "special edition" worth it? an exclusive mission and hideout, etc.?

pmchem fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 28, 2019

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Hakarne posted:

Considering muskie or sturgeon can weigh around 25-35 pounds it doesn't seem that unreasonable to catch 3 or 4 in ten minutes. Keep in mind that they are probably using the special lures which you don't unlock till the 50's I believe? Causes fish to strike the bait more often.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

FileNotFound posted:

I was also going to wait for steam and more fixes but I broke down and bought it. No regrets. SP is outstanding, a bit slow paced but that in the end is what makes it work.

Online is perfectly adequate. I have never been actually griefed, killed, sure, but never ran into anyone yet who was actively looking to spoil my night.

I also coughed up enough gold to just buy the collector trade right away and that has helped with both income and leveling.

Been running bounties and collecting crap for a week now, it's been fun, but I can see it getting repetitive in a month.

Also do read the gun reviews before you buy the more expensive guns thinking they are automatically better, it doesn't seem to be universally the case. Besides all you need is a pump shotgun... It solves all my problems.

I've been sick as a dog my friend but I got a perm posse finally working and I'll be around more so we can have posse shenanigans

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pmchem posted:

if I buy it on greenmangaming what do I get, a key to activate on the rockstar launcher? or...?

edit: also is the "special edition" worth it? an exclusive mission and hideout, etc.?

GreenManGaming is a Rockstar Launcher key, yes.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

lambskin posted:

Considering muskie or sturgeon can weigh around 25-35 pounds it doesn't seem that unreasonable to catch 3 or 4 in ten minutes. Keep in mind that they are probably using the special lures which you don't unlock till the 50's I believe? Causes fish to strike the bait more often.

From what I've seen those aren't in for the lake fishing challenge. The notification thing just had them catching an ungodly amount of ~5 lb fish, which is the largest I've seen in the challenge.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

I've been sick as a dog my friend but I got a perm posse finally working and I'll be around more so we can have posse shenanigans

Can't wait. And I won't be useless now that I have bonded with my horse so that it doesn't run out of stamina half way to the bounty.

Got me a rollingblock rifle as well and it's bullshit. Between that and a shotgun slaughter of npcs is trivial.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How is the RDR2 PC port performance now? User reviews on metacritic are brutal, saying 1070 GTX is unplayable, 2080 GTX is 30 FPS slow, etc. Just terrible. Is that fixed?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/red-dead-redemption-2/user-reviews

I have a 1440p monitor, i7-6700, and a 1070 GTX.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Hakarne posted:

From what I've seen those aren't in for the lake fishing challenge. The notification thing just had them catching an ungodly amount of ~5 lb fish, which is the largest I've seen in the challenge.

Oh yeah I suppose I've never done the lake fishing challenge. Weird that that they wouldn't have large fish just for the lake fishing challenge.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

pmchem posted:

How is the RDR2 PC port performance now? User reviews on metacritic are brutal, saying 1070 GTX is unplayable, 2080 GTX is 30 FPS slow, etc. Just terrible. Is that fixed?

I'm playing using a 970 gtx and not having any problems any more. Not looked at my fps but settings are mostly high, not minimum and it seems to play nicely.

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
Before the latest patch I was still getting the occasional crash in any city. Since the patch I've gone two days with zero crashes and I've been in and around Saint Denise the entire time. Runs great on high settings on my 2060 rtx. I do not have a 4k monitor though...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Next major update coming in December

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does anyone else experience a lot of ghosting, especially in specific lighting conditions? Like in sunsets or foggy moonlit nights, especially with cinematic cam I see a lot of ghosting on bright objects. Flowers, white shirts, etc all leave noticeable ghost trails.

It's not my monitor because at other times of day and in other games everything looks fine, so I'm guessing its some lighting/fog setting but I haven't been able to nail it down.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm also using a 970 and the game has gone from unplayable to smooth with a combination of medium and high settings and it looks gorgeous. (1080p)

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

SplitSoul posted:

Got a cool raccoon hat and 10 gold bars from enabling 2-step verification.

Also, new Nvidia drivers are out. Supposed to fix issues for those using Vulkan.

Did you have to do anything special after you enabled it to get the bonus stuff? I just added it to my account and got nuthin'

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fishstick posted:

Does anyone else experience a lot of ghosting, especially in specific lighting conditions? Like in sunsets or foggy moonlit nights, especially with cinematic cam I see a lot of ghosting on bright objects. Flowers, white shirts, etc all leave noticeable ghost trails.

It's not my monitor because at other times of day and in other games everything looks fine, so I'm guessing its some lighting/fog setting but I haven't been able to nail it down.

Pretty sure its TAA that causes that.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Pretty sure its TAA that causes that.

I figured as much, but the other AA options just tank performance unfortunately :(.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Ebola Dog posted:

No matter what platform you buy the game on for PC it will require the rockstar launcher as far as I am aware.

FileNotFound posted:

I was also going to wait for steam and more fixes but I broke down and bought it. No regrets.

Thanks! I just rewatched Westworld season 1, so I've a hankering for some cowboy action.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lugubrious! posted:

Did you have to do anything special after you enabled it to get the bonus stuff? I just added it to my account and got nuthin'

It can take a day or two, I think. I got mine immediately, but it took a day for the 500K to show up in GTA.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pmchem posted:

I've had zero issues with frame rate. i7-8700K, 16GB DDR4 Ram, RTX 2070, high settings and a smooth 60fps at all times at 1080p. RTX 2080 is a significantly more powerful graphics card so I cannot explain why someone might be getting only 30fps on it. But I mean if someone is playing at 4K and they are getting a smooth 30fps, that is actually not bad at all for this game. The Xbox One X version is native 4k and 30fps and never drops below that at any point, and it was a very good experience for the one year I played like that.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
So I signed up for the twitch Prime thing and enabled 2 factor authentication but haven't received squat in 2 days. Does it normally take awhile? Also if they do show up where in game do I retrieve them?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Rockstar has a notice on the how-to page about it taking 7 to 10 business days if you've just linked your accounts.

Open a ticket if you're really impatient. Rockstar support is some of the best if you write to them like a human being and not a gamer. They gave me 15 bars straight up when I got impatient and asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yea rockstar support has been surprisingly helpful especially compared to other game support