Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
*posts about Jenson Button being bad*

*unironically thinks Steven Seagal deserves an Oscar*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Nico Rosberg has one excellent use. He's a great litmus test for smoothness of brain. If you rate him above any other WDC then it's odds on that your brain surface is like a marble countertop

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Theophany posted:

*posts about Jenson Button being bad*

*unironically thinks Steven Seagal deserves an Oscar*

Under Siege rules

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The best thing about Nico Rosberg is how mad he makes Lewis fans. I've got my fingers crossed that because of the one championship he took off Lewis that Lewis will only at best be able to equal schumis 7 titles and knowing he could've had an 8th but for Rosberg quietly gnaws at him forever.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

colachute posted:

Under Siege rules

Fire Down Below is better.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Carth Dookie posted:

The best thing about Nico Rosberg is how mad he makes Lewis fans. I've got my fingers crossed that because of the one championship he took off Lewis that Lewis will only at best be able to equal schumis 7 titles and knowing he could've had an 8th but for Rosberg quietly gnaws at him forever.

No, the best thing about Rosberg is when he crashed his Williams and Webber called him Brittney.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Lewis "could" have 9 WDCs right now but for some very un#blessed engines and tires. Its not as if his engine going in 2016 was any less egregious than Mclaren throwing 2007 or his dnf in 2010.

People pretend to like Rosberg because they hate Lewis, not because they actually like Rosberg

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Lewis "could" have 9 WDCs right now but for some very un#blessed engines and tires. Its not as if his engine going in 2016 was any less egregious than Mclaren throwing 2007 or his dnf in 2010.

People pretend to like Rosberg because they hate Lewis, not because they actually like Rosberg
Lewis lost 2016 because he
a) didn't learn how the car worked ahead of the rules changes banning the team from telling him every button to press
b) didn't spend any time in the simulator, which was increasingly accurate and ergo increasing important vis-a-vis tiny operational windows for tyres

Rosberg put the work in whilst Lewis pretended he has any relevance outside of F1, and Lewis lost a title to a hair model.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Lewis lost 2016 because he
a) didn't learn how the car worked ahead of the rules changes banning the team from telling him every button to press
b) didn't spend any time in the simulator, which was increasingly accurate and ergo increasing important vis-a-vis tiny operational windows for tyres

Rosberg put the work in whilst Lewis pretended he has any relevance outside of F1, and Lewis lost a title to a hair model.

haha which learningcurve post was this originally?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

haha which learningcurve post was this originally?
I haven't studied her posts about Lewis "beaten over a season in the same car, twice" Hamilton, but it sounds like they were astute.
e: Just checked the Khablam Fact Book™ of very accurate poois facts, and it's 3 times.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 29, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Just checked the Khablam Fact Book™ of very accurate poois facts, and it's 3 times.

Thats a well named book, given that the fact is wrong

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Khablam posted:

It's this. This is why I like Rosberg. He put in the work and beat a guy who he wouldn't normally have been able to beat (and very few people credibly thought he could beat over a season). I respect that.

Button did the same thing in 2011 and if not for Newey, would be a 2x WDC.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Thats a well named book, given that the fact is wrong
Points are not the only metric.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Jenson winning was a bright spot for a really lovely time in my life. I thank him for that.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Points are not the only metric.

Oh are we including youtube views?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Did Lewis get in there?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"Get in there Lewis" is actually just advice for the poor lad, who was last seen with a woman in 2015.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only reason that rosberg jr was wdc is because hamilton engine failed more. rosberg jr loving sucks and he is a sham and a disgrace.

rosberg sr is cool

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

the only reason that rosberg jr was wdc is because hamilton engine failed more. rosberg jr loving sucks and he is a sham and a disgrace.

rosberg sr is cool

:hmmyes: We don't agree often Doc, but this is, yes!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s not true. He’s obviously not on his father’s level but Keke is from the era that had much tougher competition.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
He worked harder than Hamilton in the 2015-2016 offseason and it showed. He’s not anywhere near Hamilton’s level in natural skill but his hard work paid off.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hamilton ate poo poo on so many starts at the beginning of the season and repeatedly was asked by pundits if he needed to work on his starts to which he steadfastly replied "No."

Then you fast forward to Japan, Rosberg outqualifies him and it rains the morning before the race but the pole side of the grid dries out and Hamilton is left looking at his damp 2nd grid spot like a dumbass in the buildup to the race. iirc he was 10th by the first corner. He lost that championship simply because he didn't put the work in. Its that simple.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lewis has to lose to Nico in order to learn how to truly get in there

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the kentucky quid posted:

Hamilton ate poo poo on so many starts at the beginning of the season and repeatedly was asked by pundits if he needed to work on his starts to which he steadfastly replied "No."

Then you fast forward to Japan, Rosberg outqualifies him and it rains the morning before the race but the pole side of the grid dries out and Hamilton is left looking at his damp 2nd grid spot like a dumbass in the buildup to the race. iirc he was 10th by the first corner. He lost that championship simply because he didn't put the work in. Its that simple.

I was at that race...he blew it.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
Thinking of going to the Canadian GP in June, any recommendations on where to sit? Grandstand 34 or Grandstand 12 seem like the sweet spot of view vs. cost.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rosberg maximised his mediocre talent and still had to be carried over the finish line by a combination of favourable treatment, mechanical failures for Lewis and Vettel babysitting him to the finish line.

This thread had a massive hate boner for Lewis back in 2014 and I remember after Monaco people spuffing themselves thinking Nico had some incredible mental fortitude and was playing 4D chess mind games that would tear Lewis apart. Then Nico promptly got destroyed in 2014 and 2015 and retired after 2016 after having a literal mental breakdown in the car in Abu Dhabi and these people have to peddle this "work ethic" narrative to make themselves feel better about being wrong about him, because just telling it how it is- it was a year where lots went wrong for Lewis and lots went right for Nico- isn't a satisfying enough story.

I don't deny Nico worked hard, and it's impressive he even managed to put himself into a position where he could win the WDC regardless, but he's the weakest driver to win one and I don't see how it's possible to argue against it. Take someone like Villeneuve who is basically a walking Khablam post and tell me with a straight face that Nico Rosberg measures up favourably as a driver? Just lol.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Villeneuve is really, really bad for a WDC. His post WDC career is embarrassing.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Frond posted:

Villeneuve is really, really bad for a WDC. His post WDC career is embarrassing.

100% agreed

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Jacques signed my hat and then I left it at a Wendy's later that day, that's my JV story, thanks for reading.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Presumably you got a Wendy's though so you came out ahead

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Feel bad for whatever dumpster it ended up in though.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Feel bad for whatever dumpster it ended up in though.

Sauber I think

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Rosberg maximised his mediocre talent and still had to be carried over the finish line by a combination of favourable treatment, mechanical failures for Lewis and Vettel babysitting him to the finish line.

This thread had a massive hate boner for Lewis back in 2014 and I remember after Monaco people spuffing themselves thinking Nico had some incredible mental fortitude and was playing 4D chess mind games that would tear Lewis apart. Then Nico promptly got destroyed in 2014 and 2015 and retired after 2016 after having a literal mental breakdown in the car in Abu Dhabi and these people have to peddle this "work ethic" narrative to make themselves feel better about being wrong about him, because just telling it how it is- it was a year where lots went wrong for Lewis and lots went right for Nico- isn't a satisfying enough story.

I don't deny Nico worked hard, and it's impressive he even managed to put himself into a position where he could win the WDC regardless, but he's the weakest driver to win one and I don't see how it's possible to argue against it. Take someone like Villeneuve who is basically a walking Khablam post and tell me with a straight face that Nico Rosberg measures up favourably as a driver? Just lol.
Is "the weakest WDC in history, beat Lewis in equal machinery" really the angle you're going for here because I'm totally pleased that I just gave you this rope hahahaha

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If Lewis hadn't hosed around in the first 6 races of the year pretending to be a singer and remembered he was a F1 driver he would have stomped Rosberg, mechanical problems or no. He took it for granted he could beat Rosberg over the course of the season and lost because of it. He took his eye off the prize and lost it to the guy who lived like a monk to do what he had to do.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

When is Lil Uzi Vert’s new album dropping?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Is "the weakest WDC in history, beat Lewis in equal machinery" really the angle you're going for here because I'm totally pleased that I just gave you this rope hahahaha

Sure let's pretend you've made a good point or something. Oh hey, Nico Rosberg is a better driver than Max Verstappen apparently. Says so right there in Wikipedia stats. Great self own there Khablam roflmao lol.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rakekniven posted:

Thinking of going to the Canadian GP in June, any recommendations on where to sit? Grandstand 34 or Grandstand 12 seem like the sweet spot of view vs. cost.

GS 11 or 12 are the best bang for the buck.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

its almost like lewis isn't actually that good or something and a massive fraud

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Wow, look what ended up in my junk email

quote:

Dear Theophany,

On the eve of the final race of the 2019 Formula 1 season, I want to say a massive thank you for your unwavering support, not just this year but throughout your time as a McLaren fan.
Our fans are at the heart of everything we do and McLaren Plus members represent everything that is fantastic about our fans. You’ve stuck with us when the going got tough and you’ve shared in the progress we have made in 2019 as we began our fight back to the front of the field.

Our achievements this season are down to the hard work of everyone at McLaren, but also your loyal support which only adds to our motivation. As I often say to our team, we’re on a journey that will take some time, but we have positive forward momentum and together we will succeed.

To kick off the festive period, I’m delighted to tell you about a special McLaren advent calendar on our McLaren App, which will give you the chance to win exclusive giveaways, experiences and prizes from partners. I encourage you to check it out when it goes live!

I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing Carlos and Lando luck for the season finale this weekend. After securing fourth place in the Constructors’ Championship and Carlos’s fantastic podium in Brazil, we head to Abu Dhabi looking to finish 2019 in style and carry our positive momentum into 2020.

On behalf of everyone at McLaren Racing, thank you for your support. And thank you for being a McLaren fan.

Fearlessly Forward.
Zak

Chief Executive Officer, McLaren Racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
you love zak brown and want to kiss him on the lips