Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

how do I autorun while mounted using keyboard and mouse? having to continually re-press W or left-shift to match speed of someone I'm following sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Zigmidge posted:

Rockstar has a notice on the how-to page about it taking 7 to 10 business days if you've just linked your accounts.

Open a ticket if you're really impatient. Rockstar support is some of the best if you write to them like a human being and not a gamer. They gave me 15 bars straight up when I got impatient and asked.

Same here, actually. They couldn't get the hunter license to show up so I just bought it and they refunded me the gold bars straight-up.

Is there a Discord people hang out in to play or anything? I like online, but I feel weird just roaming around solo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I agree with all of this. I've stopped doing free roam events because of it.

The only good public events are Salvage and Trade Route. I would say Day of Reckoning but the last few times I did it there were a bunch of pissbabies ruining everyone's good time in there.

quote:

And when the next major update to Red Dead Online comes to PC, Stadia, PS4 and Xbox One this December, PC players will also receive a variant of the brand-new Marino Bandolier

At last

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I am a moron and cannot do the $$ bounties. I inspect the clues and follow the paths but I always get the message that the path is wrong and I must go to a past clue. Do some clues have multiple paths going off them?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nash posted:

I am a moron and cannot do the $$ bounties. I inspect the clues and follow the paths but I always get the message that the path is wrong and I must go to a past clue. Do some clues have multiple paths going off them?

Yeah, sometimes that happens. Use your eagle eye to see multiple paths, and remember when the game tells you to go back to the clue, you don't have to go all the way to the start, just your last successful clue.

It's kind of a weird system and I'm not wild about it, but bounty hunting in general is kinda wonky and I hope they flesh it out more.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Finally got my sexy triangle belt buckle for winning 5 different free roam events and I'm never taking it off

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Deeturbomber posted:

Is there a Discord people hang out in to play or anything? I like online, but I feel weird just roaming around solo.

Yep!
https://discordapp.com/invite/HBgmBeJ

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 29, 2019

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Gonna ask this in the discord channel as well as here:

I just got this game and it's running great but I noticed these weird artifacts at the bottom of the screen:

They only show up in game: not in the menus or anything else. I can't find anything else on it. Anyone know what this is?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

pmchem posted:

how do I autorun while mounted using keyboard and mouse? having to continually re-press W or left-shift to match speed of someone I'm following sucks

Holding shift to match is the only way I know, I just use a lot of the cinematic cam for autorunning. Just get started on your run/path and hold V for cinematic cam and the horse will keep going towards the waypoint you last set (or to wherever the mission npc is going that you're alongside).

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I've been trying to play with K+M but it's painfully clear the game was made with controllers in mind. Maybe aiming and shooting is better (if you're used to playing FPS games, which I am not so I prefer controller autoaim), but everything else is so much better with a controller.

Silly question: I launched RDO a few days ago while half-drunk just to try it out, I didn't realize it had missions and cutscenes and stuff so I just quit right then because if I had to see cutscenes and do missions I'd rather keep playing story mode at that time; will I be stuck forever with the ugly character I made, or can I change his facial features and whatnot?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

TorakFade posted:

Silly question: I launched RDO a few days ago while half-drunk just to try it out, I didn't realize it had missions and cutscenes and stuff so I just quit right then because if I had to see cutscenes and do missions I'd rather keep playing story mode at that time; will I be stuck forever with the ugly character I made, or can I change his facial features and whatnot?

same question but about swapping gender. I picked a woman but the animations seem a little off? Think it might make more sense as a grizzled cowboy.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

TorakFade posted:

I've been trying to play with K+M but it's painfully clear the game was made with controllers in mind. Maybe aiming and shooting is better (if you're used to playing FPS games, which I am not so I prefer controller autoaim), but everything else is so much better with a controller.

You can change how your character looks via the online menu, press left on the d-pad and go to online options, bottom option. I think the first time is free.

fuf posted:

same question but about swapping gender. I picked a woman but the animations seem a little off? Think it might make more sense as a grizzled cowboy.

This you cannot do, however. You can change your walk style in the online menu for a hopefully better fit, otherwise you gotta re roll a character completely.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

TorakFade posted:

You can "change appearance" from the player menu in online, first time is free, next times are $400 a pop.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I wish there was a nice guy game mode where you could just photograph legendary animals instead of killing them :( RIP white moose, sorry I shot you in the rear end a bunch

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I wish there was a nice guy game mode where you could just photograph legendary animals instead of killing them :( RIP white moose, sorry I shot you in the rear end a bunch

I read an interview a while ago about R*'s plans about online and they seemed real into a Photographer role, so you may just get your wish

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I saw some guy post an idea about Legendary Hunts in the same vein as the Legendary Bounties. Seeing as how I've really really enjoyed the Legendary Bounties I'd like to see more of stuff like that.

I did however feel really bad about taking in Wolf Man :(

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Capn Beeb posted:

You can change how your character looks via the online menu, press left on the d-pad and go to online options, bottom option. I think the first time is free.

Fishstick posted:

You can "change appearance" from the player menu in online, first time is free, next times are $400 a pop.

:tipshat: thanks pardners. Will make sure to change myself so I don't look too much like a meth addict

now, have some pretties (not as much as they could be, sorry, I suck at photography)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

TorakFade posted:

:tipshat: thanks pardners. Will make sure to change myself so I don't look too much like a meth addict

I too had to change my face several times to avoid looking like a meth addict. In the end I had to put my chin and jaw on the smallest possible settings.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
After obsessively looting everything I can find and hitting a couple gold bars from a treasure map, I'm at nearly $4k right at the start of chapter 4 in story mode. About to drop a thousand bucks on a horse but other than that are there any other major money sinks at this point? I have most guns it seems and they're only a few hundo. I just keep stocked up on expensive bullets.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sipher posted:

After obsessively looting everything I can find and hitting a couple gold bars from a treasure map, I'm at nearly $4k right at the start of chapter 4 in story mode. About to drop a thousand bucks on a horse but other than that are there any other major money sinks at this point? I have most guns it seems and they're only a few hundo. I just keep stocked up on expensive bullets.

I didn't even loot everything or go out of my way to make money, and about halfway through Chapter 4 I have 3300$ and nothing to spend them on (unless I go for a fancy horse but eeeh, not sure it's worth it, already got the White Arabian and there's nothing strictly "better" available at the moment), I'm already fully stocked on every type of ammo and consumable, bought all recipes from the fence, fully upgraded camp and gave 500$ to camp funds to replenish supplies, bought more clothes than I'll ever use and so on

I literally don't know what to do with this huge amount of money, and Arthur keeps acting like he's totally destitute and can't even afford a 1$ glass of whisky in St Denis or complains about how 20$ is a whole lot of money. I mean I get that it's supposed to be like that for ~story reasons~, but with the amount of detail gone into the game, they could've made a check like "IF money_on_hand > 1000$ THEN use rich_guy_dialogue where appropriate"

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 29, 2019

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Yeah, that's my feeling too.

I just bought the Missouri Fox Trotter that unlocks from the Scarlet Meadows stable in Chapter4. It's one tick less acceleration than the Arabian, but one tick faster top speed, and also looks rad. Hopefully less skittish too. Her name is Cheddar.

Hm, what's up with photo mode taking pictures in 1080p? I'm playing at 1440.

Sipher fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 29, 2019

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TorakFade posted:

I just got this game on PC and I do not own any controller to use. I always use keyboard and mouse, but it is very awkward in this game.

Can anyone please share their best tips for keyboard/mouse in RDR2 and/or link to kb+m tips?

I’m desperate for whatever useful keyboard tips people have. Almost all website discussing game tips reference controller buttons and are from console launch a year ago. Thanks.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Switch Horse Control to Horse Relative. I like the shooting with a mouse but yeah, feels like I'm playing a flight sim sometimes with the amount of buttons to press.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

pmchem posted:

Can anyone please share their best tips for keyboard/mouse in RDR2 and/or link to kb+m tips?

Keep playing until youre used to it

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Sipher posted:

Switch Horse Control to Horse Relative. I like the shooting with a mouse but yeah, feels like I'm playing a flight sim sometimes with the amount of buttons to press.

Someone earlier said they feel like they're piloting a star destroyer with K/M and that resonated. Then that made me think it's like the movie Inside Out (Cowboy Edition) except there's only one of you piloting the whole person and that makes me smile and enjoy the game even more for some reason

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hakarne posted:

Someone earlier said they feel like they're piloting a star destroyer with K/M and that resonated. Then that made me think it's like the movie Inside Out (Cowboy Edition) except there's only one of you piloting the whole person and that makes me smile and enjoy the game even more for some reason

True enough, using dual Mausers on a horse doing a drive-by very much feels like dumping with Star Destroyer autocannons.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The idea of Inside-Out but with Arthur is really amusing to me.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How do I activate the Collector weekly thing? First one I got a letter, this week there's nothing.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Just started a new Online character and the opening missions are in a totally different part of the map. Pretty cool.

Can I change my player name (not character name)? Is it linked to my rockstar profile? Whenever I created my profile (for gta5 I guess) I used my real name for some reason. Dunno what I was thinking.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How do you dive and shoot (or dive/roll between shots) with mouse+keyboard?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

pmchem posted:

How do you dive and shoot (or dive/roll between shots) with mouse+keyboard?

Rightclick (aiming a weapon, specifically) + Space + Direction of Dive. I always forget this exists.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

fuf posted:

Just started a new Online character and the opening missions are in a totally different part of the map. Pretty cool.

Can I change my player name (not character name)? Is it linked to my rockstar profile? Whenever I created my profile (for gta5 I guess) I used my real name for some reason. Dunno what I was thinking.

Unless they've changed it recently, R* lets you change your social club name once per year. I don't know if it can be done through the new launcher, but log in to the social club site, go to profile settings and edit the nickname.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

fuf posted:

Everyone ingame sees your Social club name, your actual character name is not shown anywhere ingame as far as I know. You can change your social club name though.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I heard this game had some optimization issues and poo poo when it first hit PC, is it resolved yet? Can I buy it? Really loved RDR 1 and I've been dying to play this one

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I heard this game had some optimization issues and poo poo when it first hit PC, is it resolved yet? Can I buy it? Really loved RDR 1 and I've been dying to play this one

the movement controls are super loving clunky on pc, and I HATE not being able to save anytime I want

but graphics performance and crash issues seem to not be a real problem

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Haven't had a crash in like a week and the optimization seems like it's in a good spot now, especially if you follow a config guide (which takes all of 3 mins).

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Free aim is definitely more engaging and challenging, so I've made the switch to KB & M for the most part, but whenever I'm doing long stretches of collecting or fishing or anything non-combat, I switch back to the controller. The vibration feedback when objects are near is sorely missed on KB & M :/

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

One day some will merge controller haptic feedback and intuition with KB&M and that person will no doubt be a rich arsehole.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

pmchem posted:

the movement controls are super loving clunky on pc, and I HATE not being able to save anytime I want

but graphics performance and crash issues seem to not be a real problem
You can go to "story" in the menu and save. Can't do it during missions but during free roam, you can.

Anyway I'm still getting occasional crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
This game can really be pretty.