Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So I've been out of the thread since October. I'm still very early in Sword (in the wild area not having reached Motostoke yet) and I'm seeing that Gigantomax Snorlax will be in raids this month. How strong a team should I be rolling in with to stand a chance in these raids? I'd rather not miss this tubby sleepy boi.

E: what a horrible new page post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can't hatch this shiny oddish to save my life :argh:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Nth Doctor posted:

So I've been out of the thread since October. I'm still very early in Sword (in the wild area not having reached Motostoke yet) and I'm seeing that Gigantomax Snorlax will be in raids this month. How strong a team should I be rolling in with to stand a chance in these raids? I'd rather not miss this tubby sleepy boi.
No matter how strong he is, I'm sure goons will host a train long enough that everyone wanting one will have one.

I'm sure if you can land an attack that plinks away at his shield you'll be worth more than the sol rock futilely casting cosmic power, eternally.

If you'd rather solo it, have your favorite pokemon or boss leveled to 100 from all the candy these raids drop and pray your AI isn't useless.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bit of a left field question for the thread but I'm tired as all hell and kinda curious, what's everyones favorite underdog pokemon?

Like one that rarely gets any merch or attention. It's just something that gets overlooked a lot?
I'd say Chansey for me but I know that thing gets used a lot in comp scenes when it's a option, so I'd go with Corsola as my runner up. I also like Dragonite even though a lot of people really don't like it.

My crabby fellas, Crawdaunt and Kingler. Al least the later got a new ZZ Top-themed Gigamax this gen. Crabrawler, too! It's a shame HE DOES NOT HAVE AN EVOLUTION...

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I've been running Durant and Cofagrigus on my competitive teams since they were introduced, and Pory2 is my favorite 'mon of them all. Dodrio, Gigalith, Sigilyph, Vanilluxe... most of my favorites are the more eclectic/unpopular ones, really. Gen 5 had a lot of winners.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Wishiwashi became my boy, along with Charjabug and Alolan Muk. I know Charjabug got some merchandise, but if the other two did, I haven't seen any of it here.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Breloom has been my favourite ever since Ruby first came out and sub punch poison heal Breloom is probably my favourite set of all time although getting technician made Breloom better. I don't know if Breloom has merch or attention in the anime or card game but it feels like it flies under the radar.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bit of a left field question for the thread but I'm tired as all hell and kinda curious, what's everyones favorite underdog pokemon?

Like one that rarely gets any merch or attention. It's just something that gets overlooked a lot?
I'd say Chansey for me but I know that thing gets used a lot in comp scenes when it's a option, so I'd go with Corsola as my runner up. I also like Dragonite even though a lot of people really don't like it.

Oh, there’s so many.

Magcargo: I love his goofy face.
Politoed: Cute frog friend.
Delcatty: I think it’s really cute.
Tropius: only really got attention as an HM slave, but I love it.
Swoobat: Just a cute, fuzzy bat friend.
Cinccino: Does this one count? I absolutely adore my chinchilla.
Dedenne: poor little dear can’t learn any good Fairy moves, but was my adorable Pick-Up friend for the post game of X.
Toucannon: I love my angry bird.

There are so many great Pokémon that don’t get a whole lot of Spotlight.

Blaziken386 posted:

does anyone have any idea why the game forces you to wear the gym challenger uniform even during championship rematches? :psyduck:

I'm honestly baffled, and I'd hate to think it was a specific design choice to fill the game with cool, expensive boutiques and then go "okay, here you go, you can wear these stupid looking pajamas during the important fights"

there's no part of the championship that's pre-rendered, the game lets you do dynamax animations with your regular clothes during raids, your hair is still allowed to be custom... I don't get it! They look bad! I'm not a challenger anymore!! Let me take them off!! Leon was allowed to wear different clothes as champion, every other region's champion has stylish outfits, why must I wear the same uniform from the beginning of the game?

Yeah, I’m not a fan of it either. :/ I’m not really a “sports” person, so the whole sports theme doesn’t really do anything for me.

I spent all this money to look super punk rock for the Dark gym, only to change into my sports uniform, despite the gym battle taking place in a mosh pit. I felt really out of place.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 29, 2019

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't know how merched up it is, but i'm really liking Rookidee. It, and it's evolutions, have been my anchor pokemon for pretty much every gym battle. More so than my partner pokemon.

And the middle and last evolution look pretty bad rear end.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
there needs to a ground type dog pokecom called blunderdog

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Eimi posted:

Ursaring. Bears are the most badass of animals and it's a shame that the other bear pokemon are not....pure of essence as Ursaring is. Like Pangoro is cool but it's not just a bear. It's a bancho kung fu bear. Beartic is....I pretend it doesn't exist because it sullies polar bears good name. Also Ursaring never gets in games. C'mon Gamefreak let me have my fav normal type. :argh:

Hell yeah Ursarang Gang :tbear: I haven’t been phased by any other cut but nothing can fill the Ursaring shaped hole in my heart.

Breloom I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mention of past gen 3. Course I haven’t played in such a long time that maybe gen 6 was a heyday for ‘em.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Blaziken386 posted:

Does anyone have a feebas to trade? I can't even get the fishing spot it spawns in to appear, and that's a 1% chance when it finally does.

Serebii's page is wrong, there aren't any fishing spots on that far side of the lake in Route 2 where the screenshot shows. The fishing location where Feebas can show up is on the central island where a wild Drednaw strolls around. It's still an awful grind though; I went through about fifty Magikarp and fifty Chewtle to finally get a Feebas. Mind, one of those Chewtle was shiny, so I guess that's something.

Definitely just get one traded, though.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

chandelure and vanilluxe :cheers:

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Note Block posted:

Furret. The only merch for him is that huge as gently caress plush and literally nothing else. I always brought him into the E4 with me.

Corsola is also a runner-up and I'm happy to see it's return in Sh/Sw but heartbroken at it's constantly sad face now.

Third place goes to Mantine.

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/furret-sitting-cuties-plush-6-%C2%BD-in-701-04470

Good news, every pokemon up to gen 2 has a plush. Even your favorite, Unown-V

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why can't I track friendship on my own? Why do I need to go to some dumb kid to know? Why are my stupid idiot Pokemon not max friendship up despite all this curry

The friendship evolutions are dumb.

edit: Finally they're evolving. I still have no idea how to do the heart portion of the curry. There's no feedback if you're doing that part right or not

edit: Nevermind, Type: Null evolved, but Snom is NOT evolving. What do you want from me Snom. The kid is indicating we are best friends

edit: Oh. It has to also be night for some reason? I hate you Snom

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 29, 2019

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Abundant Atrophy posted:

my god

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Speaking of plush, I present to you: Wooloo.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1200278548025659392

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

Does anyone have a feebas to trade? I can't even get the fishing spot it spawns in to appear, and that's a 1% chance when it finally does.

Just a heads up, the only thing that stops fishing spots appearing is being too close to them on your bike. They'll phase into existence once you get off.

Otherwise they're static points in the world and respawn every couple of seconds.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Claydol for sure.
Mineral egg group pokemon in general are my jam.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mawile. They have been my favorite since their first appearance with that crazy giant jaw head. I always rush to catch one even if they are not that great by the end of the game.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Abundant Atrophy posted:

There are Porygon plushes now but they don't ship to Canada :negative:

Also it's not all the Gen 2 mons, Pory2 is conspicuously missing :argh:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 29, 2019

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Macaluso posted:

Why can't I track friendship on my own? Why do I need to go to some dumb kid to know? Why are my stupid idiot Pokemon not max friendship up despite all this curry

The friendship evolutions are dumb.

edit: Finally they're evolving. I still have no idea how to do the heart portion of the curry. There's no feedback if you're doing that part right or not

edit: Nevermind, Type: Null evolved, but Snom is NOT evolving. What do you want from me Snom. The kid is indicating we are best friends

edit: Oh. It has to also be night for some reason? I hate you Snom

Snom is already perfect

https://twitter.com/snomposting/status/1198706890206859264?s=20

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Geomancing posted:

Serebii's page is wrong, there aren't any fishing spots on that far side of the lake in Route 2 where the screenshot shows. The fishing location where Feebas can show up is on the central island where a wild Drednaw strolls around. It's still an awful grind though; I went through about fifty Magikarp and fifty Chewtle to finally get a Feebas. Mind, one of those Chewtle was shiny, so I guess that's something.

Definitely just get one traded, though.

pfff, that's nothing compared to ruby/sapphire beefas

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
smon exists in the rael world

https://twitter.com/Kele_kelo/status/1199372047606042624

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Milotic spawns in the wild area during one of the weather conditions. You don't really need to spend all that time at the pond fishing. Just advance the system clock.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat, yesterday stamina bro really let me down giving up at 2 digs. Today he got 16.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

There are Porygon plushes now but they don't ship to Canada :negative:

Also it's not all the Gen 2 mons, Pory2 is conspicuously missing :argh:

not missing, sold out. Surprised they the most profitable franchise won't do Canadian shipping.
https://www.pokemoncenter.com/porygon2-sitting-cuties-plush-7-in-701-04458

Also I feel like Beheeyem is hidden in plain sight. Like he's there, but lives in the shadow of every other psychic type. I don't even think he has an official plush

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I already have a giant pile of knitting and crochet projects to get to but....I just found a pattern for a knit Drifloon hat and I really want to make it now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wooloo is the only good plushie choice here. Where’s Sobble? Chewtie? Snom? Yamper? Applin? Cufant? Morpeko?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Abundant Atrophy posted:

not missing, sold out. Surprised they the most profitable franchise won't do Canadian shipping.
https://www.pokemoncenter.com/porygon2-sitting-cuties-plush-7-in-701-04458

Also I feel like Beheeyem is hidden in plain sight. Like he's there, but lives in the shadow of every other psychic type. I don't even think he has an official plush

Yaaay my duck :h:
Weird that sold out items just vanish from the search entirely, giving no hint they ever existed. And yeah, why no Canadian shipping?? :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i love how all the ghost pokemons will murder you

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

abusing the system clock is morally indistinguishable from hacking mons

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Is the Dig brothers' loot generated on a daily basis? Yesterday I paid Skillman thrice and every single time he got tired after a single Rare Bone (Maybe he was trying to tell me something... :heysexy: )

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

Actually, Animal Crossing is the only game in which it is truly morally reprehensible to abuse the system clock

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tying the pokeclock to the real world clock is really dumb and frustrating anyway, so yeah cheesing it is perfectly acceptable and good.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Game should require an always online connection to stop cheaters

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Leal posted:

Game should require an always online connection to stop cheaters

:chloe:

People shouldn't have to adjust their real life schedule to play a game on a platform that has "can pickup and play whenever" as one of it's big selling points.

If you're gonna make things dependent on time of day, it seems reasonable to allow folks to change that to suit their schedule.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Agreed, both things are moral and Good.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
The best solution is to adapt what BW did with seasons, sorta. Have time set to 4x realtime or something similar, and allow players to jump to any time if they like without waiting. It's 2019, nobody cares about a feature where the game matches real time anymore. It was cool when GSC did it, but the time has passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
An obvious patch to me feels like not letting Ditto Dynamax if it turns into a Dynamax capable mon. Being able to steal a 4x/4x Gyarados' boosts, then further glom them into a 6x/6x, is disgusting.