Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

The Lord Bude posted:

It's not. It's purple albeit at the extreme blue end of the purple spectrum. You could say it only just manages to be purple by a hair.
Is this one of those "the dress is white and gold" situations? Because it's not purple at all, it's blue. I used to dye my hair that color, Framesi brand dye, the color was called blue-black. Specific color doesn't seem to exist any more so I can't cite evidence.

Conveniently in the second picture there is some purple, though, so you can see the blue and a purple together in the same image, they are clearly different.

And there surely isn't a filter making it blue because there's green and red in the picture, and they aren't tinted blue at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I'd say it's right on the edge, but it definitely has bit of a purple hue to it. It's obviously not a strong purple like the shirt is, but it's there. I can see why it becomes just straight up blue once you apply a filter to it since it's so close to being blue already.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Let's not overlook the important issue here: She is a girl and she has purple in her hair. And JacquelineDempsey gets irrationally furious about it.

:downs:

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Photoshop challenge - make the hair more blue, less purple without making it lighter. I don't think there is any color in that direction, it's already just dark blue interspersed with black.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm unironically excited for my weekly hour of confusion, disbelief, and wondering how the gently caress this came out the way it did tonight.

I think something is wrong with my brain

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I was not expecting them to put Old Man Bruce in an actual fight scene but here we are

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Dick Grayson - Possibly dumber than Iron Fist.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Having watched the episode I can now complete the ritual by posting "what the hell did I just watch" and forgetting all about this trainwreck until next week when I can be amazed anew.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like how Raven and Starfire just bust Dick out of prison in the loudest way possible.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'll try and recap what I saw...

- Comic Relief Character Beast Boy Gets Brain Surgery in a horror.

- Dick Grayson still hallucinates Bruce Wayne because guilt while in Jail

Whatever the gently caress this is

- Starfire plays galaga, goes to a diner in ELKO because she sees a commercial after attempting to do "the sex" on the most jacked therapist in Nevada. She wants her drat donuts.

- Dawn wanted to go back to Wyoming, when Hank said "we should split up" after her wanting to stay in Wyoming, she takes the truck and drives to San Francisco, after feeling betrayed by Dick Grayson. Hears a radio ad for a diner in ELKO, drives to nevada instead, and gets engine failure.

- Rachael goes to the Diner, because it was the one in her nightmare where dick grayson dies telling her to "Don't Give Up" and sees ELKO on a bus line, because... guilt of spooky monsters eating a bad person?

- Donna goes to Elko because uhhh the phone message in the beginning of the episode that was gibberish followed by "ELKOS DINER" and nothing else?

- Jason and Rose gently caress and also we find out Jason is a THEATER nerd and they want to really hammer home the "West Side Story" comparison (Because WIlsons hate Batfams?) and Rose is the Judas, oh who didn't see that coming? Jason has the photo of them cuddling as a home screen, most likely to be an instagram model at the same time. Interesting twist on her saying "she quits".

- Dick disappeared minus some scratch markers, in a fun hallucination where he fought Old Man Bruce with tracking lights like he's on a dance competition show and look HE HAS BIRD WING SHADOW

-The gang reunited and a help from Bruce Wayne, who sounds like a corporate businessman who would talk about "Quarterly Earnings Reports" but also, somehow, want to break people's fingers.

STARFIRE:So let me get this straight, Bruce Wayne somehow miraculously arranged for us all to meet in this diner in the middle of nowhere, to mansplain us into putting the titans back together?

I'm still trying to figure out the overall tone - it can't be comedy, because it's too gruesome, it's not really romantic like a DCTV show (even though it's trying to follow the same steps), because it contains more brutality, but it's also not a horror show, because the only real monsters "are themselves" (how deep)

I will probably forget about most of this in the morning, so I am just going to leave this gif of Raven doing "The Running Man" at 16x speed in a nightmare dream sequence.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I... kinda liked this episode? Except the Beast Boy and Rose/Robin scenes. They dragged.

Also now we know who was the prankster in the tower. It was Rose.

I assume Rachel running in place in her dream is supposed to convey those moments when you want to move/run but can't in a dream.
Dumb looking presentation though.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 16, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still enjoying this. Head-Bruce is a ton of fun. But Anna Diop is still the MVP of this show.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
I liked this episode too! It was dumb, but at least it actually had some momentum.

To nitpick, I really don't buy Bruce would be more interested in getting them back together than actually going and visiting Dick himself, and it definitely seems ridiculous that Bruce Wayne and Raven's... psychicness?... are both trying to get the Titans back together at the same time. Like, what exactly was going on there? Was the phone call a time travel thing? Did Bruce pay for the diner's ad spots?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I had to rewind this 5 times it was such a bad way to frame this. it does not convey motion at all, just looks like shes flailing her arms

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I liked this episode, and I’m really falling in love with this show’s take on both Starfire and Bruce Wayne, the two actors that the show has possibly gotten most scorn for casting. The hallucination fight scene with Bruce and Dick was perfectly choreographed on his side, keeping his composure and using controlled, energy efficient moves and then going for a kung fu roundhouse kick as soon as there is an opening in the opponent’s guard.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

kjetting posted:

The hallucination fight scene with Bruce and Dick was perfectly choreographed on his side, keeping his composure and using controlled, energy efficient moves and then going for a kung fu roundhouse kick as soon as there is an opening in the opponent’s guard.

Yeah, it was actually decent. Head-Bruce giving health advice was pretty amusing too.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am pretty sure that there is basically zero chance that who we saw at the dinner was actually Bruce Wayne. He has always been portrayed as super manipulative when it comes to the teams, both Titans and JL, but it was always in a more direct way, never this weird mystical manipulation we saw in the last episode. The way he behaved in the dinner was too similar to the way he has been behaving in Dick's head, which is different from his depiction at the beginning of the season when he was talking to Dick directly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No it is Bruce Wayne but he wasnt actually there. He appeared to all of them via the chips he secretly had implanted in their heads.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Rhyno posted:

No it is Bruce Wayne but he wasnt actually there. He appeared to all of them via the chips he secretly had implanted in their heads.

In the context of this show that sounds entirely reasonable to explain all the weird poo poo last episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

itry posted:

Yeah, it was actually decent. Head-Bruce giving health advice was pretty amusing too.

agreed on the old man bruce fight scenes, I don't know if they were cutting out frames or speed ramping but you immediately understood that he is FAST and DIRECT, but not ultra strong past what his physicality would allow

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well he's loving Batman so

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Yes, and it’s exactly how the character Batman should fight. Dominating and intimidating. Anticipating every move from the opponent, never breaking a sweat and never showing weakness. The whole gimmick of Batman and the reason he’s beating up everyone without an ounce of super powers is that everyone is afraid of him. He’s like a horror monster. Gotham criminals just hear a swoosh and turn around to see that their buddy is gone, and then they turn around again to see a dark, winged creature swooping in and clocking them in the face while they’re making GBS threads themselves. Any prolonged fight with him beyond that first punch would focus on him fighting in a frightening way, asserting dominance, blocking every move and mocking you with his unflinching and calm posture.

At least to me, that fight scene was when I really thought “I can believe this guy used to be the bat”.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ian Glenn is an awesome Bruce Wayne and I fuckin hope they put him in a Bat suit because he is awesome.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I have no idea why but I enjoy watching this show

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

pile of brown posted:

I have no idea why but I enjoy watching this show

It was a better show like 4 episodes ago. Hopefully the rest of the season is more like the earlier episodes this season..

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If they didn't have three episodes about all the characters going their separate ways I think I would say this was a good season.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Dang the season is almost over. It did feel a little meandering.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I saw the Nightwing suit on Twitter and it looks prettttttty goooood.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WB announced today that Stargirl will still air on DCU but the day after it drops it will air on the CW. Which just seems like they're hedging their bets on the service at this point.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Glad to see Dick Grayson overcame his nervous breakdown at the prison, did an escape off-camera, and managed to get a car, drive over to "Stu's" and hang out with a batsuit creator that insisted "we don't do that anymore, after you destroyed the last yet", yet somehow STILL working on a Nightwing suit just in case.

He made a speedy recovery.

This was a real "fill in the cracks" of earlier episodes with all the flash-backs, cut-aways, and more, that it left me confused what time period we were, until we had to do the Jason Todd Chili Dog "Easter Egg" Cereal for Dick in Season 3?

My favorite part of this episode was Hank talking to the goon. Solely because I think where we went with the Hank and Dawn in Season 1, with where he is right now in Season 2, is a great character story. And I don't think anybody else's character timeline is that coherent.

It's been mostly "they are here, then they leave, then they say they join, but next episode ditch"

This wasn't a good episode, and suffers many of the same flaws seen in each episode.

And because "It's a Berlanti", you need to have

- Pointless Fight Sequence
- Dramatic Monologue about Relationships
- At least one scene with a shirtless actor
- Licensed Song that doesn't add to the scene, that might be owned by Warner Music.

They revealed the costume the same day as this episode, and I think that sort of buried this episode in the storyline - they want people talking about the suit, which is "fine" - reminds me of New 52 Nightwing, just Blue.

But I have little faith this season finale will tie up anything, I think it's going to end with "a death" of a character, that's going to be the shock finale, leading into Season 3 next year.

That's going to start writing NOW, and start taping in April (16 weeks to write 13 episodes? That's not much time, and I expect more of the same)

I think they really want to keep Slade + Bruce on, solely for a Rose + Jason "Romeo and Juliet" story.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

WB announced today that Stargirl will still air on DCU but the day after it drops it will air on the CW. Which just seems like they're hedging their bets on the service at this point.

that's an interesting move. I imagine their multimedia service isn't doing as hot as they'd like. Having a lot of their CW shows tied up in Netflix probably hurts on that front despite it helping those shows out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is a winner in my book because it gave us a version of Donna Troy that rules and is likeable.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah every time that whip comes out is good

I'm also glad they're leaning in to the whole secret underground world where the shoe cobbler has a crazy future factory under his shop. The best parts of Gotham was always when they leaned into that poo poo and had villain wal-mart with spherical cartoony bombs on a 2 for 1 special, sticks of dynamite by the pound scooped out of a bulk container, a build-your-own poison bar

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Raven and Starfire bickering and bonding was cute as gently caress and definitely my favorite scene.

Donna actually doing something instead of just being there was nice although still not much compared to what the actress and character deserve.

It's a real testament to the bloat and awful pacing of this show that I'm not only excited for them to kill off a major character but think they should consider killing a few extra so we can actually see most of the characters do something in most of the episodes instead of getting what we're getting right now.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Last episode was a contrived mess filled with several types of bad.

But looking at the episoed's IMDB score makes me think I may not be the target demographic. :shrug:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They need to begin shooting season 3 of Wonder Girl (and sometimes titans once a season maybe) immediately. Her attitude and disposition are always great, and her costume looks :swoon: sooo good in action :swoon:

EDIT: oh COME THE gently caress ON lmaooooooo this show fuckin stinks

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 29, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hmm, yes. Parachute Donna's corpse into a new show. :shuckyes:

In better news; Harley Quinn was fun. Meloni as Gordon was excellent.

Oh wow and Alan Tudyk was Joker.

Edit:

I'm Jim watching the season finale

itry fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 29, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lol why did Starfire get out of the car while it was being fired on?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Apparently she lost her super-strength, along with her fire hands, but didn't know it.
Real question is why didn't Donna get out and wipe the floor with Deathstroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, I think I'm not going to bother with this show for Season 3. What a disappointing finish after rhe first batch of episodes seemed to be on the right track