Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lol lgd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessCarelessCrabsOpieOP

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Grant is casting the Nigma qualifier against what looks like a team of like Legend/Archon/Guardian dudes

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Throne down in 12 mins

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Currently watching draskyl tilted out of his mind because of a dumb interaction between silencer and void spirit.

If you use dissimilate while under the effects of last word it pops the last word after you vanish, so you don't take the damage or get silenced.

Do we know if anyone is casting the china quals tonight?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yeah support Naix and Void Spirit are the two things that seem just busted atm, and only one of them is in captain's mode.

Edit: I just tuned in, doesn't seem to be working here. Not sure how it got there.

How does that work? Naix looks super weird now that he can't shred Svens and poo poo.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

How does that work? Naix looks super weird now that he can't shred Svens and poo poo.

You're very strong in the lane against melee offlaners and then you go for a ride:

quote:

Infest now automatically takes control over the target when it is allowed. Infested heroes have bonus +30/40/50% movement speed and creeps have 15/20/25%. Infested units also gain +750/1000/1250 bonus health (and heals that amount)

Reworked Scepter. Reduces Infest cooldown to 20 seconds and increases cast range to 600. Causes the Infested target to get the Rage buff (lasts as long as Rage does)

Rushing aghs as 5 is actually viable since you spend less on wards, get aoe gold even when you die in teamfights and get hand me down neutral items.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
with aghs you give a team mate 6 seconds of magic immunity fifty strength worth of hp and haste every 20 seconds, downgraded to only fifty strength and 100 movespeed after the 6 seconds are up

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Nigma just loving poo poo all over OG seed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's not exactly surprising

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

not gunna lie, quickening charm + aghs on dazzle is super cheesy.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

more item adjustments, quite a few neutral item buffs along with the nerfs

http://www.dota2.com/patches/7.23b

quote:

MANGO TREE
Now spawns with a 3 mango bundle
Vision increased from 800 to 1200

RING OF AQUILA
Mana regeneration increased from 0.5 to 1.25

THIRD EYE
Now also provides +7 All Stats, goes away when the item does

TREANT PROTECTOR

NATURE'S GRASP
Nature's Grasp no longer targets trees directly
Nature's Grasp cooldown reduced from 20 to 20/19/18/17

LEECH SEED
Leech Seed cooldown reduced from 16 to 16/15/14/13

OVERGROWTH
Overgrowth damage increased from 50/75/100 to 100

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

These two lines are also pretty important:

quote:

Tier 1 Neutral Items now drop at 7 minutes instead of 5
Melee hero damage block no longer works against enemy player units

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
At least I got in 2 games of support Lifestealer before the nerf. That was so much fun.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
What game is this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/e41mnd/new_mag_vs_6_slotted_spectre/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

A good one

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

that fuckin rules

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With Outposts, I'm pretty sure I'll never win a low behavior game ever again. They give so much exp and if you don't have any coordination it's a quick and dirty loss. The emo screamos who just afk farm are all autoloss players.

Game is all about watching the clock more than ever. Not sure it's really in a good way at all. If you lose your early lanes and first few teamfights a good team won't let you come back anymore.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think side shop switching to outpost and bkb not giving 100% spell damage resist are my two least favorite changes ever.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

These two lines are also pretty important:

mother comes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
TNC games are boring as heck, ngl.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dang I didn't realize the quals started tonight

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the entirety of Columbus 2014? vods has been taken off youtube. all these classic games, lost, like

pubbie tears

in

rain

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

JollyPubJerk posted:

With Outposts, I'm pretty sure I'll never win a low behavior game ever again. They give so much exp and if you don't have any coordination it's a quick and dirty loss. The emo screamos who just afk farm are all autoloss players.

Game is all about watching the clock more than ever. Not sure it's really in a good way at all. If you lose your early lanes and first few teamfights a good team won't let you come back anymore.

I feel like this is the natural evolution of complaining you that can't solo carry and complaining about comeback mechanics together in a neat package.

Not really sure if you're wrong, but there are a lot of strong opinions forming that I'm sure we'll all laugh about after the next major. It does feel kinda hots-y to have so many clock dependent map control objectives, but it makes the early game more fun. It might be good that the first bounties don't sync with the neutral items in terms of being able to predict and encourage more map movement that's not only on the fives.

Let's all remember the game was dying. Don't be the bitchy old guard. Maybe it'll die completely and quickly, maybe it'll be more (and maybe different) fun. Trust in Lord Icefrog. Idk farts bye

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

JollyPubJerk posted:

Play np you toxic monkey

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
so cooldown reduction stacking now means if puck gets an oct and quickening charm he can literally become unkillable due to having a 2.9 second cd phase shift and 3.25 second duration on it.

Naga Sleep, Void Spirit remnant, Pit Lord Pit, Black Hole and possibly Chrono don't activate quickly enough to stop him from doing it again.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ILL Machina posted:

I feel like this is the natural evolution of complaining you that can't solo carry and complaining about comeback mechanics together in a neat package.

Not really sure if you're wrong, but there are a lot of strong opinions forming that I'm sure we'll all laugh about after the next major. It does feel kinda hots-y to have so many clock dependent map control objectives, but it makes the early game more fun. It might be good that the first bounties don't sync with the neutral items in terms of being able to predict and encourage more map movement that's not only on the fives.

Let's all remember the game was dying. Don't be the bitchy old guard. Maybe it'll die completely and quickly, maybe it'll be more (and maybe different) fun. Trust in Lord Icefrog. Idk farts bye

game only started dying with reborn. it wasn't awful before comeback mechanics got introduced. literally every game I play comes down to who 5v5s more. and if you have one emo kid you lose. Doesn't matter if I play 2k games or 5k games, it's the same poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
game's dyin' cloud.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Adroit's LD bear got Ninja Gear, rushed Aghs, started ultra ratting, and got megas despite losing all game. They eventually lost to a Rapier Gyro but still.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

game only started dying with reborn. it wasn't awful before comeback mechanics got introduced. literally every game I play comes down to who 5v5s more. and if you have one emo kid you lose. Doesn't matter if I play 2k games or 5k games, it's the same poo poo.

You have been complaining how awful dota is for years now. Just loving stop playing it already.

and also stop posting

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
game is still good

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Emo kid lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

JollyPubJerk posted:

:ironicat:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

game only started dying with reborn. it wasn't awful before comeback mechanics got introduced.

JollyPubJerk posted:

:ironicat:

Lmao, shut the gently caress up JPJ

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

all these dota goths ruining my games

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
So I'm cruising early mid game, doing well on my farming efficiency but it's clear to me, an intellectual, that my offlaner is some sort of early 2000s Scene kid and he keeps quoting Brokencyde lyrics at me every time I try to talk to him. Mid seems cool though, he got a solo kill in lane and seems to only like Eminem and whatever else he thinks RTZ might listen to (minus the weird stuff). My 4 is quiet, too quite in fact, the only word he's typed in chat so far was "Dvořák", I assume he's Russian but he's doing his job. But then OMG my support starts shouting at me to stop farming and starts screaming "this town becoming like a ghost town" and I know there's no point playing on. Goddamn Ska revivalists ruining every. single. game on US East at 3.30 on a weekday morning. FML.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This brood + alch draft by nigma seems a little greedy

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I can't believe Nigma dropped a map to someone. Disband incoming.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
This is the best patch ever. As dazzle you can drop a gg branch every 2 seconds.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TNC already got dropped out of major quals and are effectively in a Bo3 with Neon (TNC won game one) to auto qual for the Minor, otherwise they'll have to play another Bo3 for the last Minor qual spot.

But dota tv has been fucky all weekend and the game is apparently not loading for anyone who wants to observe?

e: actually looking at it again liquipedia just didn't update points after the first game and I was too not awake yet to notice, so TNC is actually playing for a tiebreak against geekfam to get into the major qual bracket if they can 2-0 Neon.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trent is casting the TNC/GeekFam Bo1

https://www.twitch.tv/trentpax

Winner is in the bracket stage of major quals, loser goes directly to minor quals