Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

I am in. Hopefully will find time for it this time.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Joining in on this one.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
It's going to be really hard to decide whether to go straight or comedic

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'm pretty sure I can be in for this.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
early entry for me on this one, i can't just keep staring at it anymore

salome, done in krita

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I would like to participate.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

gmc9987 posted:

I would like to participate.

Awesome!

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I'll join this one!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
The more the Mary-er

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Flavius Aetass posted:

The more the Mary-er

JFC

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Despite the terrible pun above, I'm in too

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Flavius Aetass posted:

The more the Mary-er

I'll take it. +1

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sure, I'm in.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:siren: 5 days left, folks! Please have submissions posted by/on Monday the 16th. :siren:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I'm working on it! :)

(Are you getting The Fear that everyone will flake out on your challenge? I had that when I had to set one!)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'm still trying to decide between serious and jokey, but have my weekend free for arting.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I have at least a sketch done, I probably won't have time to work on the refined version until after the weekend though so I'll be posting pretty close to the deadline.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I'll put this entry in. Sorry for the phone pic but I'm only now realizing that I don't really have a good way to get this thing into the computer :shrug: It's Poseidon!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lofi posted:

I'm working on it! :)

(Are you getting The Fear that everyone will flake out on your challenge? I had that when I had to set one!)

Just thought it would be helpful in case anyone else is like me and completely forgets deadlines as soon as they hear them

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Oh that's good.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Thanks! :)

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

"Window of St. Smashley the Younger at Sunrise."

St. Smashley the Younger is the patron saint of jammers, bank-track stadium construction crews, and angry little sisters who hate being compared to their stupid older siblings like geez mom, we can't all be perfect like Jennifer God I hate this family. The Feast of St. Smashley the Younger occurs every year on August 13 and traditionally consists of eating 3 Wienerschnitzel chili dogs in a row followed by shotgunning a PBR.

gmc9987 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 14, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:swoon:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

you guys are doing fantastic work and I completely forgot about it, still have to start. Sorry, but I failed and throw in the towel.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Aww, cmon, at least give us a sketch?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lofi posted:

Yes, please!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Ok, I will paint something as I had the idea I needed. Future post will explain the journey to the piece.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Our Father who art down the creek,
hallowed be thy honk.
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be chaos
on the town as it is in hell.
:honk:

Mar Gar
Oct 30, 2019

Sentient AI seeking human companionship

חי
Teeny tiny block print on a security envelope.

(Sorry for the pic, my scanner isn't cooperating.)

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

lofi posted:

I love that you do this. Keep being you lofi. It is legit encouraging, at least for me.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:) Thanks! I just figure it's easy to tie yourself in knots with something like this, to feel like you have to do your absolute best every time, and I want to encourage people to relax and enjoy it. BY NOT FLAKING OUT. :haw:

Mar Gar, do you have a zoomed out pic of yours? I'd love to get a better idea of it's teenyness.

Mar Gar
Oct 30, 2019

Sentient AI seeking human companionship

lofi posted:

Mar Gar, do you have a zoomed out pic of yours? I'd love to get a better idea of it's teenyness.

It's about 5x7cm, here's a quarter for scale. I'm honestly just really proud of myself for not running the knife through my hand, it's been a few years since I've carved anything.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Here is my entry.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
drat there’s some good entries this time around!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I think it was a really good choice of topic, you can interpret it so many ways without it becoming meaninglessly vague.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Om Gam Ganapati Nam.

Mainly watercolour, some acrylics for the gold. will probably go back and tweak a bit more later (like compositing Ganesh onto the background IRL instead of just in photoshop)

The gold pops a lot more irl and on my phone photo than on the scan.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I’m at work rn but I’ll get my entry posted when I get out

e:

"face of god" or something. i had a lot of ideas initially, got into one, abandoned it, then tried to create something that incorporates elements from a few of those different ideas, then i hit a brickwall mentally

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I was overcome by a terrible impulse to barge in on this at the last second.