Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aww, Franky let Anya keep the sunglasses from their mission. :3:

Omnicrom posted:

Pet theory: Anya isn't allowed in that room because nobody got around to swapping out the embarrassing "Yes" pillowcases from Yuri's visit.

That's probably it. After all, who knows if Yuri will drop by for a surprise visit and they need to fool him again. :allears:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Both Loid and Yor probably thinking to themselves later "Should I put a lock on the bedroom? No, I don't want to seem suspicious to him/her."

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So a oneshot was translated by Tatsuya Endo, pretty sure this is the predecessor to Spy x Family since it's release date was 2018, and there's a hell of a jump between this story and what was ultimately serialized. Instead of two grown agents making a fake family, It's a young pseudo-kunouchi falling in love with an older Spy and becoming partners after a respectable time skip. Title is ISpy and the funny thing is I clicked the link thinking we were already getting the knockoff series because Spy x Family is popular. Then I saw the art

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

So a oneshot was translated by Tatsuya Endo, pretty sure this is the predecessor to Spy x Family since it's release date was 2018, and there's a hell of a jump between this story and what was ultimately serialized. Instead of two grown agents making a fake family, It's a young pseudo-kunouchi falling in love with an older Spy and becoming partners after a respectable time skip. Title is ISpy and the funny thing is I clicked the link thinking we were already getting the knockoff series because Spy x Family is popular. Then I saw the art

That is exactly what happened with me until I realized it from a reaction face.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005980

Will our Anya turn out to be a delinquent or a good girl? Read and find out!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

What a good chapter. Anya's such a good kid.

Anya's backstory had doctors forcing her to study constantly so it makes sense why she doesn't feel too motivated to study now. She probably doesn't like her telepathy very much either, so Loid being proud of her and helping Anya realize that she could use her powers to help other people was very :unsmith:.

I remember the chapter where Loid kept trying to pressure Anya to apologize to Damian so it's really good that Loid's improving as a dad. Now he's no longer forcing Anya to study since she might end up hating it, and he's also more patient as he figures out ways for Anya to earn Stellas.

Also :lol: at Yor hugging Anya and the next panel has Anya looking like she's getting crushed.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Quite the harrowing chapter, but it also brings up an interesting possibility. Having an extra sense means a first responder can react to sudden danger faster than most. I hope Anya won't have to hide her telepathy well into her adult years, however things shake out.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Those ending pages :3: (and the rest of it, really). Good chapter!

I’m glad that the family’s getting a lot closer than before.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The first two panels where Anya knows what Loid is thinking are so funny.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the real beauty is that most any kid who brought those scores home would be sweating regardless. sometimes you don't need to be a psychic to know what your parent is thinking

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, at least Anya will have a role-model in Yor. She's terrible at everything except her actual job too.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'd also say having to raise her younger brother from a young age, Yor's also a much better parent overall compared to Loid. She's far more intuitive to Anya's. Loid on the other has gotten better but it's clear that he's still putting the mission first.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
incredible luffy energy from that drawing

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Elfface posted:

Well, at least Anya will have a role-model in Yor. She's terrible at everything except her actual job too.

To be fair, Anya's like four and up until a few weeks ago she was living in a run-down orphanage. She has a bit of a handicap.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1196087613116911617?s=20

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

I'd also say having to raise her younger brother from a young age, Yor's also a much better parent overall compared to Loid. She's far more intuitive to Anya's. Loid on the other has gotten better but it's clear that he's still putting the mission first.

Lloyd is still arguing with himself about the situation, but Yoru is pretty much all in on "this is my daughter now."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

That's also a function in how they came into the situation. Loid started from the point of view that Ania is a part of the mission, whereas Yor came in under the impression that Loid and Ania are already a family and that all she has to do to keep up her cover is be a mom.
It does help that she's really warming up to it though.

Why doesn't Loid just put Ania in a boxing ring, seems like mom gave her a bunch of solid pointers.

It's really great how this Manga doesn't gloss over Ania inherent fears of her abilities.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New chapter!

Yor is confusing Cats for Dogs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looking forward to the Dog Arc.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Looking forward to the Dog Arc.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

F U T U R E D O G

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Yor... What kind of life have you had up to this point...

Also that looks like a VERY good (future sight) boy!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

kidcoelacanth posted:

F U T U R E D O G

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wanna hug that big dog.

But I'm allergic.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
SPY X FAMILY: Dad's a Spy, Wife's a Hitman, Daughter's an Esper, Uncle is Stasi, and Dog's an Oracle.

Alacron fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 1, 2019

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Yor... What kind of life have you had up to this point...

Also that looks like a VERY good (future sight) boy!

It actually kinda makes sense - the vast majority of dogs Yor encountered were probably guard dogs of people she was sent to assassinate.

Also people are sleeping on Becky and the fact that she considers pink tank, or pink jet, a suitable presents for her. :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

kidcoelacanth posted:

F U T U R E D O G

THE FUTURE (dog)! IS! BEST!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yor, my gal, I love you and all but

What the hell??? :stare:

Also

kidcoelacanth posted:

F U T U R E D O G

:shittydog:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
I went 'eee!' a little when I saw this big fluffy good boy! I will call him Mouse.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Alacron posted:

SPY X FAMILY: Dad's a Spy, Wife's a Hitman, Daughter's an Esper, Uncle is Stasi, and Dog's an Oracle.

At what point does this series just turn into the bizzaro cold war manga Addams Family? Also I want more bizzaro cold war manga Addams Family.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
You're all missing the opportunity to use the phrase 'Dog Precog'.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'd say "Precorgi", but it isn't a corgi so missed opportunity.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Predognition

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Alacron posted:

The cat is just an rear end in a top hat!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

Predognition

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

kidcoelacanth posted:

F U T U R E D O G

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Alacron posted:

Maybe her friend at school is a Japanese student who got reincarnated/sent to another world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'd have thought Anya reacting in shock towards reading her parents' minds would get old at some point, but no.

It never gets old.