Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LifeSunDeath posted:

I hit a mail box with a bowling ball out a moving car once. Concrete wouldn't have saved it.

If American TV and movies have taught me anything, it's that a) smashing mailboxes is a fun teenage pastime and b) you motherfuckers must have been bored.

edit: content

https://i.imgur.com/dlo3Cqo.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

There should be a maximum age.

Second

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Samuringa posted:

https://twitter.com/LivPosting/status/1200795717088038912

edit: I think I'll just leave the original tweet and you can look into the replies if you want to burn your eyes

Have you posted this elsewere? Someone made a comment on the forums that they're all like third rate superhero villains and I can't remember where on the forums it was

LifeSunDeath posted:

I hit a mail box with a bowling ball out a moving car once. Concrete wouldn't have saved it.

..the bowling ball?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Memento posted:

If American TV and movies have taught me anything, it's that a) smashing mailboxes is a fun teenage pastime and b) you motherfuckers must have been bored.

Vandalism is always fun in your early teens. Funnily enough I think we outgrew the petty crimes by the time any of us could drive, so smashing mailboxes was never really thing. But playing drinking and driving drinking games and blowing out windows of parked cars with beer bottles sure was.

We.....we were really stupid kids.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/NoContextBoomer/status/1201322848847052800

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

You know they’re one and the same, right?

Don't libel Death like that. Everyone is equal in the peace of the grave, which is inimical to the Turtle's entire outlook.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Well in that case you draw dicks on it.

And if they find a way to make that impossible you poo poo in it.

We wouldnt have to do this if you wernt an rear end in a top hat.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Milo and POTUS posted:

..the bowling ball?

We stole it from a local alley, took in an empty bowling bag and nicked one. We tried multiple times to hit a mailbox but it's actually difficult to hit a mail box out the back of a car at about 40mph. We would miss the throw, then follow the ball as it rolled about 2 blocks through people's lawns, then pick it back up. Eventually I made a hit and we just left the ball there. Checked the next day and it left a hilarious bowling ball sized crater in the mailbox but even knock it over. We were very bored that summer and AOL was new.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Phy posted:

Don't libel Death like that. Everyone is equal in the peace of the grave, which is inimical to the Turtle's entire outlook.

It’s more to do with his killing of bills—even bipartisan bills—that passed the House, but yeah, fair dinkum

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

There's also a bunch of stories of people injuring breaking their arms and/or crashing when they tried to smash a reinforced mailbox, and CSI even did an episode about it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

wow they weren't even really trying with that one, huh?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

morallyobjected posted:

wow they weren't even really trying with that one, huh?

Yeah that looks scary but is actually pretty straightforward. And my maths is pretty shite.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Milo and POTUS posted:

Imagine being Joe's campaign manager. I can't stop laughing

But doctor, I am the campaign manager Pagliacci .

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Vandalism is always fun in your early teens. Funnily enough I think we outgrew the petty crimes by the time any of us could drive, so smashing mailboxes was never really thing. But playing drinking and driving drinking games and blowing out windows of parked cars with beer bottles sure was.

We.....we were really stupid kids.

It's becoming clear why youth crime plummeted after the release of Grand Theft Auto.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

TK-42-1 posted:

I forgot game gear had one. TG16 was a really solid system and it’s sad that literally no one has ever done anything like it except maybe the switch if you squint really hard. 30 years later.

I looked up TG16 but I didn't see anything unique or interesting about it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
TG16 had a portable version you could get separately that used the same cartridges as the stationary console.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

TG16 had a portable version you could get separately that used the same cartridges as the stationary console.

Like the Sega Nomad, but portable

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Pretty sure there have been a few consoles that have done this?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

alexandriao posted:

Pretty sure there have been a few consoles that have done this?

Eventually maybe, (name one besides the switch though) but at the time a sixteen bit console in your hand that could play Keith Courage or whatever their metroidvania knockoff was was impressive.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
TG16 sucked rear end. It had some fun games but why on earth would you get that and not a SNES or Mega Drive?
Bonk was so naff they had to invent Johnny Turbo as their mascot.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lodin posted:

TG16 sucked rear end. It had some fun games but why on earth would you get that and not a SNES or Mega Drive?
Bonk was so naff they had to invent Johnny Turbo as their mascot.

eh, it was no worse than the Genesis, a system which also had few good exclusives besides Sonic, and was filled with generic beat 'em ups and sports games.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Randaconda posted:

eh, it was no worse than the Genesis, a system which also had few good exclusives besides Sonic, and was filled with generic beat 'em ups and sports games.

But the Genesis had "blast processing"!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://i.imgur.com/He6ZNf3.mp4

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Growing up one of my neighbors got sick and tired of the teenage hoodlums running over everyone’s snowmen with their cars every winter so one year he built one directly over a fire hydrant. I didn’t t see the crash but I’m told it was legendary. They stopped running over snowmen after that .

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Growing up one of my neighbors got sick and tired of the teenage hoodlums running over everyone’s snowmen with their cars every winter so one year he built one directly over a fire hydrant. I didn’t t see the crash but I’m told it was legendary. They stopped running over snowmen after that .

My dad told me of a similar incident involving leaf bags/piles that frequently got plowed through and scattered by teens, with the same solution.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I have an uncle who was a traffic cop for years. He now teaches traffic safety courses to commercial drivers and is full of stories (and he has enough of them that he never needs to tell the same one twice)

One of his I remember is a high speed crash that struck a fire hydrant, and the hydrant just disappeared. It was dark and they couldn't find it for a long time. Turns out it had flown over the neighbor's fence and bullseyed directly into their pool.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Maybe don't hide fire hydrants.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

JoelJoel posted:

But the hoodlums!!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

Houses don't catch fire in the winter or fall. It's impossible. It's too cold.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JoelJoel posted:

Any fires nearby large enough to warrant a hydrant will take care of whatever's concealing them :pseudo:.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh great, looks like I'll not be looking at this thread for a few days. Lemme know when the derail is over!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Damaging city and personal property while risking lives of kids is 100% worth saving a fancy pile of snow.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Good thing it is STDH. Perhaps the ur-STDH

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i hope more children are injured or killed during mischief

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Chard posted:

i hope more children are injured or killed during mischief

As do I, but absolutely nobody mentioned it until you brought it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

As do I, but absolutely nobody mentioned it until you brought it up.

sometimes it's important to put into words what everyone is thinking