Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
two headphone holes plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

echinopsis posted:

two headphone holes plz

so you can listen to music and gently caress your phone at the same time?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

switched from a 6s to an xr now. really needs to be some kind of intro during setup for some of the gestures needed without a home button.. like dropping the screen to access the top with one handed use and switching between apps by slidding at the bottom.

also, triple functionality on press+hold on apps is a loving joke

please fix timb

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

refleks posted:

please fix timb

I wish we could but he’s probably going to stay broken

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the audio resume over Bluetooth has been stupidly broken forever. it will resume whatever the last audio source was, unless that app was evicted, in which case it will fall back to the music app with no playback context. it is idiotic.

the workaround is to launch the app that you want to play just before you get in your car, play a second and then pause it. it should then be the foreground audio app and resume when you get in the car.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Management posted:

the audio resume over Bluetooth has been stupidly broken forever. it will resume whatever the last audio source was, unless that app was evicted, in which case it will fall back to the music app with no playback context. it is idiotic.

the workaround is to launch the app that you want to play just before you get in your car, play a second and then pause it. it should then be the foreground audio app and resume when you get in the car.

thanks timb

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
I mean if you don’t want to listen to your Bluetooth audio I simply change it to literally any other audio source or select audio before I start the car.

it’s p dumb though.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how does android handle it? by not playing unless you specifically hit play? what a fuckin joke lmao

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

The Management posted:

how does it pick a song from music to start playing? its seemed random, eg not whatever music I was last listening to even, like the phone panicked when it hears a bluetooth tell it PLAY NOISE NOW

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

echinopsis posted:

how does android handle it? by not playing unless you specifically hit play? what a fuckin joke lmao

android can’t play sound because it’s Linux so no problem.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bulgakov posted:

how does it pick a song from music to start playing? its seemed random, eg not whatever music I was last listening to even, like the phone panicked when it hears a bluetooth tell it PLAY NOISE NOW

if you were recently listening to the music app, it picks up where you left off. if you haven’t listened to anything since music was memory dumped, it starts at the top of your song library alphabetically. mine is a.d.d. by soad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ive paired my iphone with probably five or six different blue tooth audio setups and while it might suggest i play music with the notification thing, it has never, ever started playing by itself.

that has to be something the car/bluetooth receiver is doing. it's sending a "play" command and if music.app has been memory dumped, it'll start playing whatever it can, but it's definitely not doing it on its own.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ive never had a car that didn’t auto play audio on Bluetooth

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hmm yeah it must be a car thing. my car has an aftermarket one i put in myself but the poo poo ones they have by default are probably trying to be smart and sending unwanted play commands. although music.app should try to remember what you were doing last.

it seems to remember what album/playlist is going just fine for me. it'll restart a song if it gets pushed out of memory but keeps the order/history. although there has been some weird poo poo happening there in previous versions of ios

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

e: double post

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Nice! posted:

mine is a.d.d. by soad.

post your iphone autplay tunes

mine is 'adrift' by octo octa

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

its so weird hearing about this phenomenon. it seems like something that might have happened with a usb flash drive plugged into a factory car stereo or something

does android just drop the auto play command when connected then? admittedly that seems like a better way to handle that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I would just want a way to customize whatever app gets auto played in the phone’s Bluetooth settings for that specific device

maybe some day in the far future our technology will be capable

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

graph posted:

ABC - The Jackson Five

every loving time.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It's your own drat fault for having that terrible song in your library, to be fair.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

look at all you scrubs with properly tagged music

my autoplay is 01. Northwest Passage.mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVY8LoM47xI

tbh it's a good choice. makes every drive to target into a grand voyage to unknown shores

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
a-tisket a-tasket - ella fitzgerald

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Last Chance posted:

hmm yeah it must be a car thing. my car has an aftermarket one i put in myself but the poo poo ones they have by default are probably trying to be smart and sending unwanted play commands. although music.app should try to remember what you were doing last.

the Bluetooth audio world is a clusterfuck of broken implementations that barely work. every change or bug fix to the iOS bt audio control software breaks some number of cars because they’re all incompatible with each other.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Lambert posted:

It's your own drat fault for having that terrible song in your library, to be fair.

true. luckily I hate that song so it hasn’t made me hate it more

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I like Android Auto. It's not wireless (well, maybe newer versions are, don't know about that) but makes for a very pleasant experience. And it doesn't autoplay any songs.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my experience with android auto was that you can't skip ahead more than like 8 songs before it says "pull over to continue browsing music" or something like that.

an extremely Google product

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't think the ones you pay for make you pull over to watch a 30s ad video.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sagebrush posted:

my experience with android auto was that you can't skip ahead more than like 8 songs before it says "pull over to continue browsing music" or something like that.

an extremely Google product

it's cool and good that it tells you to pull over if you're actually loving with your phone for a serious amount of time instead of driving

what is annoying is that it's seemingly designed for the silicon valley dweebus who drives a single-occupancy vehicle literally everywhere and never ever has any passengers

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

graph posted:

I enjoyed this song. thanks timbapple

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Last Chance posted:

ive paired my iphone with probably five or six different blue tooth audio setups and while it might suggest i play music with the notification thing, it has never, ever started playing by itself.

that has to be something the car/bluetooth receiver is doing. it's sending a "play" command and if music.app has been memory dumped, it'll start playing whatever it can, but it's definitely not doing it on its own.

my camry is really goddamn annoying because it will start playing as soon as i turn the stereo on or even if i just adjust the loving volume. and no, there are no settings to control this.

so i've gotten into the habit of turning off the stereo before i turn off the car. let's say i'm going somewhere and need gps but don't want music. turn on the stereo, immediately have to mash pause to stop music. get gps going, go to adjust the volume and again have to flail for the touchscreen pause button because music started again.

bluetooth is garbage, cars are garbage, apple is garbage for not coming up with a solution to this horseshit (oh wait the answer is "buy a new car with carplay, dummy")

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

the Bluetooth audio world is a clusterfuck of broken implementations that barely work. every change or bug fix to the iOS bt audio control software breaks some number of cars because they’re all incompatible with each other.

it's true, but they obviously have made some breaking changes.

Ever since this fall's iOS update my wife's Honda doesn't sync the phone book any more, and my Ford still syncs the phone book / contacts but puts all of the phone numbers in as "other", so "call Jeff at work" gets a "there's no work number, call on other?" and then when I say yes it asks me which of the three numbers listed as other to call.

It stinks!

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I ended up downloading Spotify which is needs suiting and doesn’t auto play.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my car has carplay and it works flawlessly thanks steve/tim

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

my car has carplay and it works flawlessly thanks steve/tim

red flags would be ejaculate that has a pungent musty odour

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
AirPods Pro reasonably isolate me from bus noises. My commuting audio needs are satisfied.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

SO DEMANDING posted:

bluetooth is garbage, cars are garbage, apple is garbage for not coming up with a solution to this horseshit (oh wait the answer is "buy a new car with carplay, dummy")

this happens in my car with CarPlay

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Instead of listening to Bluetooth music maybe you people need to listen to a little something called THE BIBLE.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when I had a car I used a bluetooth fm adapter that plugged into the lighter. didn't have to deal with any of that crap

cheap gadget and a civic wins again

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

maniacdevnull posted:

Instead of listening to Bluetooth music maybe you people need to listen to a little something called THE BIBLE.

can i sync that over bluetooth to my satanphones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
as much as I like christ’s style, he needs to drop some much fresher beats