Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

romanowski posted:

immediately. where the hell is it nintendo

Imagine it rushed if you will instead of having to wait until next Xmas. Although time seems to be dilating somewhat and the moon seems closer and redder all the time

zalgo txt here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Picked up BoTW for Switch since it was on sale, had it back when it came out for WiiU, and while I finished it there, I haven't played it in years.

Did they change the Waterblight fight in a later/Switch version? No matter how many arrows I hit him with, he refuses to fall to the ground, also most of the time he does fall he's out of reach of my melee weapons anyway.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/Narukami_anim/status/1201482841479008258

:five:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

On December 5th Link is going to be playable in Super Mario Maker with a master sword power up. He has his sword, shield, arrows, bombs, and downstab. Looks fun as gently caress.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Bought Hyrule Warriors recently. It's fun as hell. Whenever I scoop up dozens of enemies with an attack and make a cloud of bad guy bodies, I am immensely satisfied.

When I first heard about Cia, the source said she was jealous over a Triforce wielder without specifying who it was, so I figured (or maybe hoped) that she was jealous of Link for being recognized by Zelda as a great hero despite being a rookie compared to her years of service. Of course, she turned out to be The Thirstiest Woman in Hyrule instead. Still pretty entertaining, though.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

*staring at watch and tapping foot in frustration* when the HELL is botw2 coming out :mad:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

romanowski posted:

*staring at watch and tapping foot in frustration* when the HELL is botw2 coming out :mad:

I'm playing Pokemon and it drives me nuts that I can't climb or just explore areas just to look around without getting attacked by poo poo every 45 seconds.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

romanowski posted:

this time next year at its earliest.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Supersonic Shine posted:

When I first heard about Cia, the source said she was jealous over a Triforce wielder without specifying who it was, so I figured (or maybe hoped) that she was jealous of Link for being recognized by Zelda as a great hero despite being a rookie compared to her years of service. Of course, she turned out to be The Thirstiest Woman in Hyrule instead. Still pretty entertaining, though.

Listen. Listen.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
She's gonna show up in HW2 on the good guys' side with her old Guardian of Time outfit, but she's still going to whip her enemies like a dominatrix while laughing like a pompous aristocrat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

romanowski posted:

Looks like you chumps missed out :smug:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I figured with the game on sale and me having a small bit of extra money, now was the time to finally get Breath of the Wild.

I'm still not completely sold on it, but I stayed up way too late last night playing it, which is a good sign, since I wouldn't do that with a bad game. The cooking stuff is kind of clunky (why not just have a "Cook" prompt at metal bowls?) and I still don't really like weapon endurance, but I'm definitely having a lot of fun running around and going "I wonder what's over there!" and exploring everywhere I see. I haven't even left the plateau yet.

Hunting sucks though. I'm awful at it, by the time I see the animal it's already noticed me and run off, and lots of them manage to run away while I'm lining up a shot. I need meat!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hunting sucks though. I'm awful at it, by the time I see the animal it's already noticed me and run off, and lots of them manage to run away while I'm lining up a shot. I need meat!

Crouching to move and rain both make you quieter so you can sneak up on things more easily, if that helps.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

https://i.imgur.com/faC8JiP.mp4
Pro-tip: you don't need to be stealthy, or use arrows

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
The only things you need are truffles and bananas and they don't run.

God I overcooked in Skyrim SE after playing BotW for so long. Food is not important in Skyrim at all but old habits. Be glad for weapons falling apart or you'd end up with inventory overflow.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Even without going on a full banana and truffle diet, if you do the thing where you invest in stamina first, you don't really need meat for healing. Fewer hearts means mushrooms and Hyrule herbs stay relevant longer.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kassad posted:

Even without going on a full banana and truffle diet, if you do the thing where you invest in stamina first, you don't really need meat for healing. Fewer hearts means mushrooms and Hyrule herbs stay relevant longer.

I always do the stamina first thing. Makes you careful and also you can climb places out of order. That way you can fight major tests of strength before you're ready :toot:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao if you eat anything but durians outside of the sword trials

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Bloop posted:

lmao if you eat anything but stewed rock salt outside of the sword trials

:colbert:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I pretty much just need meat so I can get the warm clothes from the old man.

I did run across a giant rock monster while I was gathering mushrooms in the forest, at first I thought it was something I'd have to come back to but decided gently caress it and went for it with my three hearts and arsenal of wood clubs. And I won, too, though it took every single weapon I had on me.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Twelve by Pies posted:

I did run across a giant rock monster while I was gathering mushrooms in the forest, at first I thought it was something I'd have to come back to but decided gently caress it and went for it with my three hearts and arsenal of wood clubs. And I won, too, though it took every single weapon I had on me.

There's other ways to get it. And other ways to keep warm.

And congratulations on killing off the rock monster!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

That fukkin rules :black101:

Edit: I didn't defeat that bastard until around 80 hours into the game lol

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

The Bloop posted:

lmao if you eat anything but durians outside of the sword trials

Durians are for eatin', meat is for sellin'

I just defeated Ganon for the first time in BotW last night. This game is amazing and is maybe my favorite video game I've ever played.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Do sledgehammers do bonus damage to Taluses or am I imagining it?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Triskelli posted:

I believe they do yeah.

e: Also, op, I completed the game the first time without ever getting the Warm Doublet, so if you're not enjoying getting it just ignore that bit.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 5, 2019

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I managed to shoot a bird and chicken legs count as meat so I got the doublet, which let me run around in the snow for a while. I could've just made more warm food but then I wouldn't have explored so much and found some good weapons.

Anyway I'm off the plateau now and I ran into another rock monster on the way to Kakariko, this one unfortunately seems much trickier than the one on the plateau, it doesn't stay fallen over for more than about a second and its weak spot is in the middle of its back rather than on top of its head. I died to it three times before deciding I'd just come back later.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah those are annoying, but spears make them easier.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Triskelli posted:

I think any of the "mining" weapons do, like the Drillshaft or those swords you get around Goron City.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Triskelli posted:

They also take less durability damage (or do more damage) to mining nodes as well I believe. I always had a sledgehammer for getting those sweet sweet gems.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ROJO posted:

They also take less durability damage (or do more damage) to mining nodes as well I believe. I always had a sledgehammer for getting those sweet sweet gems.

That and the fact that bombs launch the glow rocks off a cliff half the time makes the sledge a worthwhile addition to your inventory.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The master sword is for breaking rocks

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

The Bloop posted:

Can confirm.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Bloop posted:

And then do you just wait 20 minutes next to the rocks when it breaks, huh?

Always carry drillshafts. Best mining equipment.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Amppelix posted:

The Master Sword breaks?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ImpAtom posted:

The Master Sword breaks?

It depowers after a while of bashing things and you have to wait 10 mins before it recharges and you can use it again.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Amppelix posted:

By the end of the game, you're almost certainly routinely carrying better swords, so yeah. Save the Master sword for cutting down trees and breaking rocks. I go get a Boulder Breaker if I want to murder Taluses.

And if you've completed the Sword Trials, the beams don't use up durability.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was stuck for ten minutes at the stupid tutorial shrine near Kakariko because I am super terrible at timing poo poo and it took me all that time to finally successfully parry the enemy's attack. The timing on the parry seems super brutal, I feel like I was pressing the A button right when I was getting hit but apparently not, I also don't feel like I did anything different or changed my press any differently when I finally succeeded so I don't know what I was doing wrong. It just feels bad. Fortunately it's not necessary to complete the game. Right?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was stuck for ten minutes at the stupid tutorial shrine near Kakariko because I am super terrible at timing poo poo and it took me all that time to finally successfully parry the enemy's attack. The timing on the parry seems super brutal, I feel like I was pressing the A button right when I was getting hit but apparently not, I also don't feel like I did anything different or changed my press any differently when I finally succeeded so I don't know what I was doing wrong. It just feels bad. Fortunately it's not necessary to complete the game. Right?

Nope. It's handy, but it's not essential. (And there's also at least one shield which autoparries laser beams - the Ancient Shield.)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Is there ever any time, in any Zelda game, where the game will permanently prevent you from doing something based on a dialog choice, or are they all "But Thou Must!" questions?

In all the Zelda games I've played, I've never had any options taken away from me by taking the "I decline" route in search of interesting dialogue, I was just wondering if it was Franchise Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Runcible Cat posted:

Nope. It's handy, but it's not essential. (And there's also at least one shield which autoparries laser beams - the Ancient Shield.)

It does not. It reflects them, but you can parry with it too.

Parrying successfully costs no shield durability. Blocking, even reflecting, does.

A minor but important distinction