Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Costco has a house brand of motor oil now?

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Call me when they have euro formulas and I can stop getting owned by mobil

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Hambulance posted:

Costco has a house brand of motor oil now?

PBUC

If it's anything like Amazon's oil it will be fantastic too.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

MarcusSA posted:

Also if anyone gives a poo poo that Kirkland soft shell jacket is on clearance for 14.97.

Got the black and grey.

Also these are a smoking deal

So soft.

These own but I have to order mine online because my costco seems to only stock xl and xxls.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

If it's anything like Amazon's oil it will be fantastic too.

It's from the same blender (Warren Distributors) as Amazon's and Walmart's SuperTech, so it's probably pretty darn good.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
There's a new crust!

It's pretty good, more like a soft doughy style then the old take and bake crust which was... weird

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

large hands posted:

There's a new crust!

It's pretty good, more like a soft doughy style then the old take and bake crust which was... weird

Thanks for the update. Not a fan of the 2014-2019 style but will give this one a try

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

:same:
Anything's gotta be better than the old crust.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

large hands posted:

There's a new crust!

Awesome! The old take and bake crust was flat out bad.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Irradiation posted:

These own but I have to order mine online because my costco seems to only stock xl and xxls.

Get BEEFIER u wuss

XL BOIS RISE UP!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

large hands posted:

There's a new crust!

Does it still come with 4lbs of pepperoni on it?

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
NEW CRUST

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
dang I just had that moment where you say a word too much and it starts to sound really weird like it loses all meaning and just sounds like gibberish

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:krust:

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

AF posted:

dang I just had that moment where you say a word too much and it starts to sound really weird like it loses all meaning and just sounds like gibberish

If you’re curious, the term for this is “semantic satiation”!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh poo poo, Costco carries semantics now? I bet the Kirkland brand is the same factory as the name brand semantics for a way better price too!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sending out wine to ~40 clients for the holidays. Time to raid the Costco wine section.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Sending out wine to ~40 clients for the holidays. Time to raid the Costco wine section.

Indian Wells (saint michelle is the main vineyard ) cab is $9.90 at the local Costco. It tastes like a $40 dollar bottle and the local wine guy I know buys it by the case for dinner parties and to just sip

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

DominoKitten posted:

:aaa: Wow, I never knew there was a term for that! Thanks!

In Costco news, I'm gonna pick up a tub of BITCHIN' sauce for a small school potluck. Hopefully it goes over well. Maybe I'll try a NEW CRUST pizza if they have 'em

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Somebody try the new take and bake so that I don't have too, it was so nasty before.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DominoKitten posted:

The more this gets quoted the less it means to me.

Today I'm thankful that they started carrying nitrile gloves in the automotive section. I didn't like the medical ones for car work. And a little cheaper than at the autoparts store.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Inspector 34 posted:

Oh poo poo, Costco carries semantics now? I bet the Kirkland brand is the same factory as the name brand semantics for a way better price too!

I thought this was going to be a gun joke and was disappointed.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Peachfart posted:

Somebody try the new take and bake so that I don't have too, it was so nasty before.

Couple pages back, they said it was deec

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

AF posted:

NEW CRUST

contender for new thread title

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Do the Costco tree guys tie the trees on to my car? Or is it all self serve/tie?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Does it still come with 4lbs of pepperoni on it?

It's a single layer of pepperoni that completely covers the pie. I liked it but my wife took off about half to make it more like a normal level of pepperoni.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Do the Costco tree guys tie the trees on to my car? Or is it all self serve/tie?

They won't do it because they don't want to be liable if something happens while you're on the road with it. But they will give you all the twine you need to tie it down yourself.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jingleheimer posted:

They won't do it because they don't want to be liable if something happens while you're on the road with it. But they will give you all the twine you need to tie it down yourself.

:mad:

I'mma look up tree tying videos on youtube now.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:mad:

I'mma look up tree tying videos on youtube now.

It's not that tough, just make sure it's pointing trunk forward so it doesn't open up like an umbrella on the road.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Have you considered using the Costco auto purchase program to buy a larger vehicle that can fit trees inside of it, as well as a large assortment of bulk goods purchased at your local Costco?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Put and blanket and/or tarp on the roof of your vehicle and then you can further wrap this around the tree after you place it on top and then tie it down this will protect your car's paint and also make it easier to tie the tree on such that the branches and needles aren't making GBS threads all over the road.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FogHelmut posted:

Have you considered using the Costco auto purchase program to buy a larger vehicle that can fit trees inside of it, as well as a large assortment of bulk goods purchased at your local Costco?

:hmmyes:

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

FogHelmut posted:

I should have done this before making a large item purchase from the website. The headache isn't worth the $30 I saved by not renting a truck from Home Depot for an hour.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just gonna redneck style this tree and hold it with my arm while I'm driving.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
Home depot near Costco? Rent a home depot truck, get as big as a tree you want, and don't worry about scratching up your car for $20.

EDIT: Ugh, didn't even notice Cyks's comment about the truck. But seriously, I've used home depot's truck more for other purchases than for home depot purchases. I enjoy their rental program.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
buckle the tree into your front passenger seat and then take the carpool lane home

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mine GO BOOM posted:

But seriously, I've used home depot's truck more for other purchases than for home depot purchases. I enjoy their rental program.

:same:

I view the rental window as a challenge. 35 minutes for 25 miles round trip plus loading and unloading? Easy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I ran over an escaped Christmas tree the other day, it hosed up my bumper and headlight :argh:

Secure your tree rear end in a top hat

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I haven't had any issues with trees falling off of my car because I have an artificial tree that hasn't left its box in five years because the spots we used to put it are occupied by furniture. Much less hassle every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

GI_Clutch posted:

I haven't had any issues with trees falling off of my car because I have an artificial tree that hasn't left its box in five years because the spots we used to put it are occupied by furniture. Much less hassle every year.

Same, but this year I have guests coming so I had to put it up.

My shed is full of black widows but the tree is white so I feel confident any inhabitants will be visible enough for people to panic scream lunge away from if they get too close.