Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Eschenique posted:

https://twitter.com/Potatopolitics/status/1200408377182097409?s=20

Woe is me for these drillers keeping me awake at *check notes* 3 in the afternoon.

It is really loud and annoying though when someone is drilling in the building, I can understand her suffering.

Just because she's complaining it doesn't mean she's anti-worker or is looking down on workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

*Revolutionary guard kicks in my door*

“No, you don’t understand! I’m lifestyle bourgeoisie!”

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Concrete drilling is the loving worst.

After this thread, I mean.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Some loving bougie YouTube making...$15K a year.

Also it sounds like it's just an rear end in a top hat renter or landlord loving around and not professionals.

To make this not a total garbage post, have we decided if Graphtreon is accurate yet? I'm afraid it's going to be one of those things where they're really overstating it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It would be the actual bourgeoisie in this situation—the landlord—who is responsible for the noise.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1202003161512329216?s=20

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Drills can't pierce steel beams

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Leal posted:

Drills can't pierce steel beams

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1103726128026525697

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat you @dril :arghfist::mad::arghfist:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
What the hell is up with this thread?

And by this thread I mean Eschenique.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 4, 2019

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Eschenique posted:

Woe is me for these drillers keeping me awake at *check notes* 3 in the afternoon.

what is your problem

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

dmboogie posted:

1. dude why the christ do you even care

2. the timestamp is 8:30 AM?

8:30 your time maybe.

Also lol at the idea of someone who does youtube full time pretending they have to chug red bull to find a window to record sound. They're not drilling 16 hours a day (probably not even 8). Mulders twitter activity is 100% from lunch time to 4 in the morning so chances are that she already hosed her sleeping schedule and the actual problem is that she goes to bed at 4 and the workers show up at 7.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

just celebrate that pewdiepie got burgled like a normal person

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

watho posted:

just celebrate that pewdiepie got burgled like a normal person

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

fun hater posted:

what is your problem

At first an offhand comment about a youtuber on my feed complaining about drilling for a week as if the people doing the work were doing it to spite her. Then people got real up in arms over it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Eschenique posted:

At first an offhand comment about a youtuber on my feed complaining about drilling for a week as if the people doing the work were doing it to spite her. Then people got real up in arms over it.

Eschenique posted:

Mia Mulder has been complaining for the last week about people drilling in her building. it triggers my working class rear end to see a professional youtuber's boughie complaints about being woken at 10 AM on a workday by someone doing actual work.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I feel like a professional youtuber’s salary is somewhere south of the average laundromat owner’s salary. There are some weird things going on in the popular imagination about the material consequences of being youtube famous.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I'm hyperbolic and never implied otherwise.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Eschenique posted:

get a grip this is a completely bonkers thing to go to the mat for and you look like a total rear end in a top hat for caring so deeply about the minutae of someones life because youre projecting too hard onto someones completely milquetoast complaint

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Gotta have that Online Proletarian cred.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Further proof that the only logical thing to do with Twitter is to nuke it.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

fun hater posted:

get a grip this is a completely bonkers thing to go to the mat for and you look like a total rear end in a top hat for caring so deeply about the minutae of someones life because youre projecting too hard onto someones completely milquetoast complaint

My original post was the milquetoast complaint. The resulting storm of defenders who can't decide on a stance between frothing anger at someone mocking their e-celeb or handwaving that it's not a big deal is the projection.

Try to relax a bit and don't stake your team color on rando internet celebs. Pretend I'm making jabs at contra or something.

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 4, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

please just log off

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Incredibly hosed up to care about internet personalities in this, the internet personalities thread.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hey echenique, if you can't produce receipts for your own personal activist and revolutionary acts, then shut your loving mouth about how third tier youtubers are "bourgeoisie" because someone going ham with a drill is making it impossible to do their job properly, because right now you sound like a lifestylist using leftist vocabulary to disguise and soothe your own nakedly consumerist entitlement

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Eschenique posted:

My original post was the milquetoast complaint. The resulting storm of defenders who can't decide on a stance between frothing anger at someone mocking their e-celeb or handwaving that it's not a big deal is the projection.

Try to relax a bit and don't stake your team color on rando internet celebs. Pretend I'm making jabs at contra or something.

Eschenique posted:

You can act boughie without being middle class. See every single "let me talk to your manager" person.

Eschenique posted:

Eschenique posted:

Also lol at the idea of someone who does youtube full time pretending they have to chug red bull to find a window to record sound. They're not drilling 16 hours a day (probably not even 8). Mulders twitter activity is 100% from lunch time to 4 in the morning so chances are that she already hosed her sleeping schedule and the actual problem is that she goes to bed at 4 and the workers show up at 7.

*fartz*

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

watho posted:

please just log off

No, don't log off. Log out.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Shaun came out with his Bell Curve video, and it's a big one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBc7qBS1Ujo

Almost 2 hours, 40 minutes.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Loving the subtle implication that she's exaggerating or somehow being dishonest about the timing of the noise because....uh....bougie bitches be crazy, I guess.

(And I don't even know the Youtuber in question, so don't try and paint me as some white-knighting fan.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Eschenique posted:

Never give up

Never surrender

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hate Charles Murray so much, even though he’s just a shambling relic of the 90s who did all the damage he could do back in the era of welfare destruction and superpredator legislation.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Eschenique posted:

i mean this in the nicest and least-confrontational way possible: you absolutely and completely loving suck

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Ariong posted:

No, don't log off. Log out.

Log around now! Log around now!
Log off log off and log out!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I literally went "Yaaaaaaaayyyyyooh my god..." when I saw it on my Youtube front page

watho
Aug 2, 2013

wish I didn’t need to do audio stuff all day tomorrow because that’s one juicy video

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I watched the Patreon version and it's a doozy, worth the wait. I get why 2 hours might seem off-putting but honestly I don't know if he could realistically have made it shorter without sacrificing essential context or arguments.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Under 3 hours is usually fine as long as the subject matter is good enough and I’ve watched enough of Shaun’s stuff to know he doesn’t pad and it would be shorter if he could shorten it down

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

bloody hell Shaun, this is going to be *pedagogical* isn't it

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I've seen many a stupid topic in here but complaining about a YouTuber with a 20k sub account complaining about drill noises that shake her apartment at 6 in the morning is really up there. Well done, random refugee from the other dumb thread.

Not only that but feeling the need to comically exaggerate it by claiming that actually she's getting woken up at 10 (presumably from her post-Beluga caviar breakfast nap) by these hard labourers instead of...y'know 6 in the morning by someone who's clearly a dick doing poo poo at an unreasonable time because actual professional labourers don't usually drill at 6 in the morning. It's usually against the law, for one. I mean you'd know this if you weren't either a complete nitwit or you just really dislike this random YouTuber for some reason and want us to share in that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Sometimes around where I live, there's someone who runs a leaf blower or some other kind of motorized equipment, but for the most part, I don't pay attention to it. I think it's because it's outside, and the sound is muffled enough that it just ends up being white noise. However, if I heard someone running a drill inside the house, it would be a lot louder, and a lot more noticeable.

But then I don't produce video content (yet), so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Eschenique posted:

What bothers me more than any complaints about disruptive drilling is that it bothered you so much that you attempted to estimate her schedule based the time she starts and stops tweeting.