Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

howe_sam posted:

Hey, they finally addressed the world outside Freeland.
But in a way that made it really seem like they literally hadn't thought of it until now. What about all those people who already got out?

howe_sam posted:

Good job not getting completely thrown when you recognized Khalil Anissa
On the other hand - he was wearing sunglasses. That is not a disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tiggum posted:

But in a way that made it really seem like they literally hadn't thought of it until now. What about all those people who already got out?

On the other hand - he was wearing sunglasses. That is not a disguise.

He also attacked her in broad daylight wearing even smaller sunglasses. I'm just gonna chock that one up to Anissa not really giving a poo poo about the comings and goings of the rest of her family (and there has been ample evidence of that over the last three years), so of course she would not recognize her sister's longtime boyfriend if he cut his hair, put sunglasses and gained 20 pounds of muscle mass and did literally nothing else to alter his features.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I just assume it's the power of mildly covering up your face. People who have know Jefferson for decades see Black Lightning in bright lights and still have no idea who he is. It's a power that runs threw all the CW hero shows.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

frgildan posted:

I just assume it's the power of mildly covering up your face. People who have know Jefferson for decades see Black Lightning in bright lights and still have no idea who he is. It's a power that runs threw all the CW hero shows.

I remember vividly at the start of Season 1 how Jeff tries to get information out of Two Bits at the bar, fails miserably, then comes back 20 minutes later as Black Lightning, beats the poo poo out of him and then asks him the exact same questions and it's like "motherfucker, you just put on a pair of sunglasses and a dayglo suit! How does he not instantly recognize you?!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well kind of covered it way back in season 1. Someone (it might've been Jen after her rescue back in episode 1) mentions that looking directly at Black Lightning's face makes your eyes hurt and you can't see it in focus. So it's basically like when the Flash vibrated his face to hide his identity back in season 1 of that show, only now it's Jeff low-level zapping everyone who looks at him in their loving eyes. ... actually, upon thinking about it more, it could be some magic tech that Gambi put on the mask to scramble his face just slightly.

Of course that doesn't excuse how people should really be able to put together stuff like that scene nine-gear crow mentioned.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 4, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lol Black Lightning’s news network is GBS.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
President Shaw, lol.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Surprise fuckers, it’s Crisis time!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
we now interrupt your government occupation story for some comic-rear end comic poo poo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
EARTH 1!? Oh poo poo.

Wow, this is even worse than their normal Earth somehow. I blame Flashpoint for this.

Edit: Anissa still in the closet, Jennifer locked up, Jefferson getting killed after being depowered.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 10, 2019

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

EARTH 1!? Oh poo poo.

Wow, this is even worse than their normal Earth somehow. I blame Flashpoint for this.

Edit: Anissa still in the closet, Jennifer locked up, Jefferson getting killed after being depowered.

I guess it explains why there is no BL on Earth 1

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
oh poo poo Lynn's breaking bad!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

loving Lynn going full Heisenberg to get her Green Light fix :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Can we see Jennifer the Sith lady please?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Can we see Jennifer the Sith lady please?

I assume Evil Jennifer's story is a lot more simple

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh, Earth 2 is the Evil one. makes sense and she's straight up working for the ASA, lol.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Earth-2? But that was wiped out weeks ago

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

The time is counting down.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
At least the episode is vaguely standalone, but it's gonna suck on the back half since it has to resolve Jeff coming back and their universe being undestroyed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

At least the episode is vaguely standalone, but it's gonna suck on the back half since it has to resolve Jeff coming back and their universe being undestroyed.

I think Jen turning into a lava lamp and somehow surviving the anti-matter wave will factor into it, just guessing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ASA Jen is a bad bitch and it's great. The future is now old man! :v:

nine-gear crow posted:

loving Lynn going full Heisenberg to get her Green Light fix :allears:

Gotta get her :catdrugs:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

howe_sam posted:

I was assuming those were not the standard designations, because I feel like there being all that stuff with metas and Markovians in Freeland would not have gone unnoticed by the protagonists of Earth 1.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tiggum posted:

I was assuming those were not the standard designations, because I feel like there being all that stuff with metas and Markovians in Freeland would not have gone unnoticed by the protagonists of Earth 1.

Or it being wiped out. I agree it was a simplification.

Earth-1 Odell had a Tobias swagger going on.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/blacklightning/status/1214647031580413953

Last night I saw a superhero, he was back, he said "This if for the streets, BLACK LIGHTNING'S BACK... For a fourth season."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lmao, they just had to do a looooot of work explaining Crisis just there.

Also, according to the actor's twitter Henderson is not returning for season 4.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New ep. Get hyp. Jen apparently also remembers her trip, but no other Strange Adventures. Let's see what twists there are in Freeland (probably not until the end like Batwoman).

Also:
"Are you tracking us, like, all the time?"
"Pretty much."
"...Thank you"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Lmao, they just had to do a looooot of work explaining Crisis just there.

Also, according to the actor's twitter Henderson is not returning for season 4.

RIP him then.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jen's gonna talk to Jeff like "Was Mom always a crackhead?"

and they're both gonna blame Crisis.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There are two dads in BL and they are both the best.

TwoPair posted:

I feel like that's the obvious result, but I'm guessing something else like one of the alternate Jens got pulled in or maybe the Markovians already have Metas or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love that they're having this argument with the voice modulators.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

There are two dads in BL and they are both the best.

I feel like that's the obvious result, but I'm guessing something else like one of the alternate Jens got pulled in or maybe the Markovians already have Metas or something.

I thought the Markovians already did have metas, this whole war was just so they could get more.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I thought the Markovians already did have metas, this whole war was just so they could get more.
I don't remember, but I know that Markovia had an earthquake machine from S1 of Arrow but idr what other Makovian references there were in that series.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I don't remember, but I know that Markovia had an earthquake machine from S1 of Arrow but idr what other Makovian references there were in that series.

Slade takes Oliver to Markovia to try and save his son from becoming the new Deathstroke during his big "We gotta wrap up my storyline because Warner Bros. says you're not allowed to use my character anymore because Deathstroke movie that may or may not even happen at this point" mini-arc in Season 6. And by Markovia I mean a natural gas plant outside of Vancouver.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

This season's whole plot makes even less than ever now that they live on a world full of metahumans, magical ninjas, time travellers and aliens. They seem to be pretending like merging the worlds changes nothing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

This season's whole plot makes even less than ever now that they live on a world full of metahumans, magical ninjas, time travellers and aliens. They seem to be pretending like merging the worlds changes nothing.

I can see where you are coming from, but having metas would still be great for the ASA or anyone provided they can control them. And Freeland still has the types of metas they have the most experience with creating and controlling, so might as well keep at it. Also no one cares about experimenting on black people :911:

TwoPair posted:

Crisis :argh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I see that you clearly have never read comic books.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think you really need to reach too far to rectify Freeland's situation with Earth Prime.

"Other shows/heroes should be aware of it and doing something." - Yeah, they should but that's comic books. Besides, a small urban US city that is predominantly black having what should be a national crisis and is somehow only being dealt with by those suffering from it isn't exactly the biggest stretch of the imagination this show asks you to make.

"The ASA/Markovia could get metahumans somewhere else." - Yeah, sure, but you might be able to get a resource a lot of places but if you find a large source of them you might focus on that as the best place to "mine". And again, a poor, black city largely ignored by the world being taken advantage of by shady governments with deeply unethical actions isn't really a reach.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think you really need to reach too far to rectify Freeland's situation with Earth Prime.

"Other shows/heroes should be aware of it and doing something." - Yeah, they should but that's comic books. Besides, a small urban US city that is predominantly black having what should be a national crisis and is somehow only being dealt with by those suffering from it isn't exactly the biggest stretch of the imagination this show asks you to make.

"The ASA/Markovia could get metahumans somewhere else." - Yeah, sure, but you might be able to get a resource a lot of places but if you find a large source of them you might focus on that as the best place to "mine". And again, a poor, black city largely ignored by the world being taken advantage of by shady governments with deeply unethical actions isn't really a reach.

The current locations with lots of superpowered beings include Central City which is patrolled by the world famous Flash and National City which is the HQ of Luthor Corps, the DEO and Supergirl.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Xelkelvos posted:

The current locations with lots of superpowered beings include Central City which is patrolled by the world famous Flash and National City which is the HQ of Luthor Corps, the DEO and Supergirl.

Also the ASA digital iron curtain is still up around Freeland so the rest of Earth Prime doesn't even know anything is happening there outside of a weird SARS outbreak that doesn't seem to be ending. Though like I said elsewhere, I wouldn't put it past someone like Tobias to slip the net and try stirring up poo poo in Central City at least once now that he has a big new playground to mess around with, because as terrifying as Tobias Whale is, he's also the right kind of goofy motherfucker who'd make a good Flash guest star villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah.

Central City: Tons of metahumans, most of whom immediately default to being psychopathic super villains and with one of the worlds most powerful superheroes, his team of sidekick heroes, and a police force trained to deal with metas.

National City: City filled with aliens - which are presumably still a big political thing - that is home to one of the most powerful heroes and an agency run by one of the richest and apparently most respected men in the world to deal with superpowerful alien threats.

Freeland: Poor black people with one hero who disappeared decades ago after you already started experimenting on the kids of the community.

I don’t know if Tobias Whale would scare and confuse the poo poo out of the other teams or get beat in one episode and thrown in another secret prison.