Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

PetraCore posted:

Why couldn't an orc have done so if it was so simple?

because Luna was the Chosen One because she had tusks like the orcs...

... yeah.

The "mighty whitey" trope was in full swing throughout that arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I think Mookie later clarified that Luna was made infertile by an injury during the climax and not a "womb for the world" transaction. Problem is he revealed her infertility by having the gross Dragonman whisk her away solely to tell her how the victory came at a heavy price and that she'll never be pregnant. Then there was that weird plastic surgery arc.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cat Mattress posted:

because Luna was the Chosen One because she had tusks like the orcs...

I remember everything.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 4, 2019

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Something threatens to happen. Thankfully though it still first tell us poo poo about why anything of the last 5 months mattered. Gotta preserve the mystery

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally something is happening. Please God let this guy blow up his cave.

...okay what the gently caress is happening with his crotch in the penultimate panel?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

It looks a little weird because that's just where he keeps all his stuff. He doesn't have any pockets.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

is that a paintbrush stuffed down your trousers or are you just happy to see me

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
God, finally, something interesting. It’s odd the paper knew this orc and knew he wasn’t to be trusted but didn’t try to tell Snout until they got all the way back to the cave and the orc followed, but hell, I’ll take anything at this point.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I hate the storytelling on this page and I just can't articulate why. It's probably that Mookie has the skill and patience of an excitable preteen when it comes to his plots.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I only just noticed the bottom of the page says "OH poo poo" but you can only see the top of the letters, so has the murder already happened?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the ink witch paper is about to squirt spray ink on the orc

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also lol he just thew the loving paper on the ground

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Snout's major handicap is not that he's deaf but that he's very very stupid.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maxwell Lord posted:

Snout's major handicap is not that he's deaf but that he's very very stupid.

He used to have a patch on his other arm that said 'dumb' but it fell off

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I forget, has it been said if he was born deaf? Because I could easily see him doing something incredibly stupid that ended up with him losing his hearing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

nothing about snout is known before the comic began

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Ah yes. Grabbing someone by the side of their cloak. Something people often do when they are happy to see them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Little Death posted:

Something threatens to happen. Thankfully though it still first tell us poo poo about why anything of the last 5 months mattered. Gotta preserve the mystery

god look at how shittily snout is drawn. You'd think at least there's one thing that he can draw properly.

That loving nose.

And it's not even consistent!

It looks completely different here.

The only consistent thing about how he's been drawn is his horrible spinal tumor.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

No, that thing travels up and down his back.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
It irks me every time Mookie implies the person communicating through the paper can see out of it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

...okay what the gently caress is happening with his crotch in the penultimate panel?

Second Life!!!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

If the orc dude was gonna follow him home anyway, why'd he disappear before?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hey, let's take bets on how many pages it will be before this threat is completely neutralized despite being played up as really important. I'm gonna say 3.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hey, let's take bets on how many pages it will be before this threat is completely neutralized despite being played up as really important. I'm gonna say 3.

If it's not at least mostly resolved the update after next, I will be very surprised.

Next update will be Snout's "Oh no I'm actually in danger" moment, followed immediately by "oh I'm no longer in danger".

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm going to assume Mooksie will do his powerful reversal and the orc is the good guy and the paper is the bad guy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He’s actually in danger because he moved into a bear cave.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

But the bear is the orc’s pet!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

PetraCore posted:

Why couldn't an orc have done so if it was so simple?

The premise was something like: rear end in a top hat Knight's rear end in a top hat Knight Dad (who was dubbed the Dance Commander by a prior thread for his facial hair and a panel where it looked like he was pelvic thrusting while donning a necklace of orc tusks) did a mass genocide on the orcs. One orc chieftan was all like "Curse you!" to him and that turned out to be a real curse that caused human babies to be born with tuskmouth. Luna was all special because she came to accept her tuskmouth in spite of it being the source of lifelong abuse instead of having them removed or managing to successfully kill herself or whatever. This meant she was special and could help fix the genocide and death magic poison the Dance Commander inflicted on orcland.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It should be noted that all of this spiraled out from Mookie being mad that people liked the rear end in a top hat knight dude because he was a jock.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Mors Rattus posted:

It should be noted that all of this spiraled out from Mookie being mad that people liked the rear end in a top hat knight dude because he was a jock.

Also Luna choosing not to go to the magic plastic surgeon was initially really just about mookie being judgmental about plastic surgery and fake boobs. When you read the early strips you see he has nerd boy misogyny about how he doesn't like bimbos and sluts and gently caress big boobs.

Then he had a hamfisted arc about a trans woman using an "alterist" because I guess at some point somebody explain to him that plastic surgery has uses beyond "bimbos"

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 5, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

How did Mookie even engage with his, uh, fans enough to know their reaction to that character? Were there comments/a forum on his site back then?

His site STILL loads as the mobile version for me. I'm glad for the pages being posted here so I don't have to deal with it. Every page is zoomed WAY in so it looks blurry and lovely.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nuns with Guns posted:

The premise was something like: rear end in a top hat Knight's rear end in a top hat Knight Dad (who was dubbed the Dance Commander by a prior thread for his facial hair and a panel where it looked like he was pelvic thrusting while donning a necklace of orc tusks) did a mass genocide on the orcs. One orc chieftan was all like "Curse you!" to him and that turned out to be a real curse that caused human babies to be born with tuskmouth. Luna was all special because she came to accept her tuskmouth in spite of it being the source of lifelong abuse instead of having them removed or managing to successfully kill herself or whatever. This meant she was special and could help fix the genocide and death magic poison the Dance Commander inflicted on orcland.

Then Mookie was baffled by people asking for art of Siegfried's dad for their friend "Tess".

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Mors Rattus posted:

What was great about that is Siegfried was popular because he had an "arc" with "character growth" and things like "moving past irrational bigotry" but then Mookie retconned it so that Jayden cheated on her werewolf boyfriend and condemned Siggy to hell. And then he layered on extra badness by revealing that as a child/teenager Siggy helped perpetuate war crimes against the orcs to impress his father. So you know, hope you enjoy being damned forever because of crimes you conducted as a child for your lovely monster of a parent.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

How did Mookie even engage with his, uh, fans enough to know their reaction to that character? Were there comments/a forum on his site back then?

His site STILL loads as the mobile version for me. I'm glad for the pages being posted here so I don't have to deal with it. Every page is zoomed WAY in so it looks blurry and lovely.

He used to read/post on the Keenspot forums for the comic when it was hosted there. That place turned to mockery not long after the Storm of Souls arc, iirc. Mookie kind of withdrew from any fan engagement like that after a while. There's a pretty consistent pattern of the sincere discussion places turning to derision after a while that's kind of strange but also a bit of an interesting phenomenon for the comic.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 5, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whereas our sincere derision turned into fanfics.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nuns with Guns posted:

What was great about that is Siegfried was popular because he had an "arc" with "character growth"

It's telling that Mookie's reaction to "solve" this "problem" wasn't to give more depth to Dominic, but to remove depth from Siggy.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Dominic originally had some characteristics that were meant to be negative - he was a reclusive jerk.

At some point he lost whatever small claim to personality he had and just turned into a 100% Mookie self-insert.

At one point Mookie slipped up and referred to Dominic's arch-enemy as his, Mookie's, arch-enemy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm seven hundred posts behind, what's the worst stuff I missed since the (first?) dong?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm seven hundred posts behind, what's the worst stuff I missed since the (first?) dong?

absolutely nothing has happened

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

absolutely nothing has happened
That's even worse!

I'm never gonna finish my bingo card at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Really though, all that’s happened is that he finished assembling all of the pieces of the prophecy, including one from a Whomping Willow reject that flipped the bird at him, and then ran into some orc that the magic piece of paper is trying to warn him about.