Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Eschenique posted:

My original post was the milquetoast complaint. The resulting storm of defenders who can't decide on a stance between frothing anger at someone mocking their e-celeb or handwaving that it's not a big deal is the projection.

Try to relax a bit and don't stake your team color on rando internet celebs. Pretend I'm making jabs at contra or something.

I don't really care about any of the people posted about in here so let me, from my totally unbiased position as someone who doesn't even know who that lady is, tell you that you're a stupid piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eschenique posted:

8:30 your time maybe.

Also lol at the idea of someone who does youtube full time pretending they have to chug red bull to find a window to record sound. They're not drilling 16 hours a day (probably not even 8). Mulders twitter activity is 100% from lunch time to 4 in the morning so chances are that she already hosed her sleeping schedule and the actual problem is that she goes to bed at 4 and the workers show up at 7.

i mean this in the meanest and most confrontational way possible: i'm going to drive your head through the drywall and then scissor kick it off your shoulders

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Sometimes I want to shitpost in this thread, but I don't need to...

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Let's exorcise the demons with a man's joy at eating food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufye3xSjcqM

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

guys

Well There's Your Problem bonus episode on the Groverhaus is up

(sorry Shaun)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

"Actual work" is a super blatant dogwhistle

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The only people who don’t work are bosses. Don’t let them divide you against your comrades.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The only people who don’t work are bosses. Don’t let them divide you against your comrades.

:emptyquote:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
When I was working night shift, my landlord decided to do some work on the property so I could barely sleep for an entire week.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I had an entire year of constant hammering and drilling above me (the landlords decided to build an entire apartment above us) and it further destroyed my mental health to the point that it was a huge suicidal trigger. But hey, I wasn't working so gently caress my bougie rear end I guess.

Coldcrashpictures video on masculinity in cinema.
https://youtu.be/TFlUXmaZMbc

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Really happy to see that Shaun wasted the last three months of his life to make a (3 hour) video that nobody is going to watch (because it is 3 hours long).

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Vulin posted:

Really happy to see that Shaun wasted the last three months of his life to make a (3 hour) video that nobody is going to watch (because it is 3 hours long).

I'll watch it. Love that rad skull.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I had a train idling on the nearby train tracks for about 3 days and it made this low rumbling noise for the entire duration and it was not a very pleasant 3 days.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Vulin posted:

I’ll watch it. Charles Murray is my most hated octogenarian, unless he’s a nonagenarian at this point. Certainly he’s some kind of aryan.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Now THIS is sponsored content!

https://twitter.com/dexbonus/status/1202059400547930112

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThoughtfulShyMoonBudStar

edit: her husband is also doing it

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmallReliableCaribouDAESuppy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I listened to it when it came out and had a hard time making it through but Struggle Session has unlocked their reading of Moviebob's book if you for some god awful reason wanna hear it.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/28390742

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

guys

Well There's Your Problem bonus episode on the Groverhaus is up

(sorry Shaun)
e: welp, for non patreonners it's a preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJU-Q9gw_sg

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Vulin posted:

Shaun only makes "videos" in the sense that he makes a podcast that he keeps accidentally uploading to a video hosting service. It'll do fine.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have complained on the internet about way more trivial things than being woken up at 6 am by a drill. I don't do real work either since my work is mostly about monitoring the output of the people who do the real work.

I'm ready for the guillotine

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

doctorfrog posted:

e: welp, for non patreonners it's a preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJU-Q9gw_sg

Well, if you look into the C-SPAM donoteat thread, you might find a pleasant surprise.

:ssh:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Well dog my cats.
I promise to chip in if I watch another paid video, I just can't miss groverhaus.
e: just now noticed he posted it himself, I love this man.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 4, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dinoteat owns a lot, it is true.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Donoteat's projector wielding undergrad assistant is the real star of the show imho.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

To make this not a total garbage post, have we decided if Graphtreon is accurate yet? I'm afraid it's going to be one of those things where they're really overstating it.

Graphtreon is just another SocialBlade. It's estimates are going to have the same huge margins of error because they're, by their own admission, calculated estimates made by looking at what data is publicly available. And since the code behind it is proprietary there's no way to tell what exactly they're doing. It's better than nothing but I would never assume it to be 100% accurate.

Clerical Terrors fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Dec 4, 2019

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Acute Grill posted:

Shaun only makes "videos" in the sense that he makes a podcast that he keeps accidentally uploading to a video hosting service. It'll do fine.

I like the guy Shaun well enough as a person, but seriously, I've sat through statistics lectures that were far more dynamic and entertaining than his videos.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Casey Finnigan posted:

I like the guy Shaun well enough as a person, but seriously, I've sat through statistics lectures that were far more dynamic and entertaining than his videos.

10-15 minutes is my maximum. His videos, while informative, are some of the most dry lectures I've listened to.

He's like a teacher who's smart and knows his stuff, but has no idea how to properly get his lesson across without half the class falling asleep.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Shaun is a great dude and very well informed and good but I absolutely cannot listen to multi-hour videos of very dry, completely uninterestingly presented, lecture without zoning out. Even just some facecam stuff would make it less dull.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I haven't watched Shaun's stuff yet but I will absolutely take a donoteat style lecture over wacky facecams and costumes and poo poo. I think the way he put it in the intro to his Industries Expansion video put it pretty well tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LysiXf-DJU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I haven't watched Shaun's stuff yet but I will absolutely take a donoteat style lecture over wacky facecams and costumes and poo poo. I think the way he put it in the intro to his Industries Expansion video put it pretty well tbh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LysiXf-DJU

I like Shaun and donoteat but donoteat's presentation and manner of speaking is much less sleep inducing to me. I'll watch all of the Bell Curve vid but I'm gonna have to do it in chunks.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I'm pretty happy to have Shaun info dump me for my entire evening, but probably only because I find the subject matter he covers really interesting.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I sat through Shaun's bell curve video in one sitting (helped that I was listening to it at work admittedly), but I can't imagine actually watching it. Like, it's perfectly fine and interesting enough but since most of the video is just a static image of a skull, he really leans into expecting folks to be multi-tasking. Mostly. Sometimes he puts stuff up on-screen and expects you to look at it, like a slide in a lecture or something.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

To be fair, that's totally how I 'watch' most internet personality stuff, with the video playing on one screen while I do other stuff on another, so I can definitely imagine being put off by a two hour long video paying attention to nothing but it.

I absolutely miss out on some bits too by spreading my attention between a couple of things, so chances are I end up going back to it later anyways, but I do like having background noise on most of the time too so I don't mind having to do that.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey guys i think you all might care a teensy wee bit too much about internet rando youtube people. Get a grip. Stop being so obsessive. *suddenly im black and white with a trenchoat trilby and a revolver, enveloped in cigarette smoke* so heres where she was last thursday from 8 pm to 4 am, monday she was tweeting from 10 pm to 10 am and curiously her building isnt even located in manhattan despite saying shes from ny?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Do yourselves a favour and invest in some really nice noise cancelling headphones and earplugs. For years I pointlessly endured all the goddamn airplanes and trucks and construction that is constantly going on in my area. Now, I get to enjoy some peace and quiet. It does take some getting used to, though. If you have sensitive ears it might not work.

(I am absolutely not defending weirdo's obsession with hating on a woman for not liking loud noises)

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys i think you all might care a teensy wee bit too much about internet rando youtube people. Get a grip. Stop being so obsessive. *suddenly im black and white with a trenchoat trilby and a revolver, enveloped in cigarette smoke* so heres where she was last thursday from 8 pm to 4 am, monday she was tweeting from 10 pm to 10 am and curiously her building isnt even located in manhattan despite saying shes from ny?

e: I do have some decent noise canceling headphones but like the literally nothing can drown out the drilling. It’s absurd how loud it gets

watho fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 4, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

ArfJason posted:

I was just about to lock up for the night when the youtube dame walked in. She was inconsolable, going on and on about some drilling noise. My gut told me to send her packing. Too bougie. But the empty flask in my coat pocket told me I had to take the case.

Literalman
Jul 31, 2019
So apparently MarzGirl got locked of Twitter and I think it is for the best. Also I know I posted this video before but I didn't mention what the video was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2t75am_OTQ
It is basically a video about copyright done by Bedhead Bernie on the channel bernie.txt. It is a really good and interesting video.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Do yourselves a favour and invest in some really nice noise cancelling headphones and earplugs. For years I pointlessly endured all the goddamn airplanes and trucks and construction that is constantly going on in my area. Now, I get to enjoy some peace and quiet. It does take some getting used to, though. If you have sensitive ears it might not work.

(I am absolutely not defending weirdo's obsession with hating on a woman for not liking loud noises)
Also a non-looping sound machine, they are a godsend

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Such things are indeed lovely, although alas they don't really help with recording voice. Not sure what she could do there short of completely soundproofing her room which is probably impractical and expensive.

...Mind you, she could probably afford that. And enough for a 32-track mixing desk to do her audio on too. These damned bougie 20k YouTubers.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Literalman posted:

So apparently MarzGirl got locked of Twitter and I think it is for the best. Also I know I posted this video before but I didn't mention what the video was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2t75am_OTQ
It is basically a video about copyright done by Bedhead Bernie on the channel bernie.txt. It is a really good and interesting video.

it's totally for the best that insane fans of a pedophile used false reports to sabotage a woman's career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literalman
Jul 31, 2019
Oh for the love of god, Vic is not a pedo!!!! I mean for God's sake ProJared is more of a creeper than him. I hope that all of you SJW's will fade away thanks to the FBI released documents on GamerGate that were released on November 29th.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)