Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

I'm getting my obsessive chip speculation from Moores Law is Dead now. He talks like a normal person which is rare for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Steve ripping into Stadia is so thoroughly enjoyable, the man has a level of integrity that makes him stand out so well.

That and his glorious mane.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lmao at Steve's intro..

"Google's old motto was don't be evil. To be fair to Google they never had any rulse about not being incompetent."

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Salty Steve is best Steve. Bonus blowtorch/liquid nitrogen action at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6dyrtnLU_w

"We never intended to use the phone - AT ALL. We hate phones. We also don't really like Chromecast now".

:lol:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

hot

wait I mean gross

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Scrapyard wars is fun to skim thru but it is pretty dull watching dudes scroll classifieds. At least Kyle isn’t on this one. Actually, speaking of LTT staff I’m pretty impressed with Colton. He’s leading the charge on getting their setups, has a sick house in the woods and can cut down trees and is apparently the best gamer. I thought he was just an odd small weird guy to make Linus look tall and normal. Colton is kinda cool.

Teams are definitely stacked the other side tho. Alex / Jake / Luke are all powerhouses.

mewse
May 2, 2006

well why not posted:

Scrapyard wars is fun to skim thru but it is pretty dull watching dudes scroll classifieds. At least Kyle isn’t on this one. Actually, speaking of LTT staff I’m pretty impressed with Colton. He’s leading the charge on getting their setups, has a sick house in the woods and can cut down trees and is apparently the best gamer. I thought he was just an odd small weird guy to make Linus look tall and normal. Colton is kinda cool.

Teams are definitely stacked the other side tho. Alex / Jake / Luke are all powerhouses.

So of course Colton is the one they all poo poo on all the time

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Latest BitWit video has a straight up racist "joke" in the first few moments. CW: racism. "Why would I rat myself out, I eat rat for breakfast". What a scumbag. I don't know why I cant help but click his dumb videos.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

I watched that vid last week and fell asleep like 10 minutes into it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm definitely getting more disappointed with GN & Steve now. I opened up the "show notes" article here: https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3539-hw-news-intel-apple-sue-softbank-fortress-linux-laptops and then clicked play. It's basically 99% of the entire show script minus the few seconds of him actually talking from the top of his head and own knowledge.

I really hope he starts shifting to, you know, talking through his own knowledge rather than the incredibly dry reading of written articles almost word-for-word.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
They've said in the past that the video is what pays the bills. The article is a bonus for people who don't want to watch a dry reading. It's stupid but that's how the ad-financed landscape works.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah he always read off of a page. He writes most of it so what’s the big deal?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The best parts of GN is when Steve goes off script or at least doesn’t do a dry reading and you see his inherent knowledge and sense of humour come through. I want more of that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

well why not posted:

Yeah he always read off of a page. He writes most of it so what’s the big deal?

It's pretty boring

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
GN videos for me are a podcast to be put on in the background. I just don't think they have enough bandwidth in terms of creative people (writing, editing, etc) to put out unscripted content and still do all the other things they do.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
What they really need is a Linus.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If you want Steve to be entertaining you've got to get component manufacturers to do more stupid things.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

cage-free egghead posted:

What they really need is a Linus.

I watch/listen to GN specifically because they don't have a Linus.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

GN is pretty good when he collaborates with other channels. I think his videos can be more entertaining if they were more conversational. He could talk to the camera guy maybe?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

It's pretty boring

Yeah. I feel like it wasn't always this bad, but now, if I want semi-boring PC videos that might teach me something, I just watch Paul. Sure, he looks like Colin Meloy's little brother and his speaking style is pretty ramble-y, but I never get the urge to say "just show me that paper you're reading off and I'll be good, thanks." I appreciate Steve's asides (the ones in the Stadia video were the best part), but generally not enough to soldier through the rest of the monotone stuff.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

disaster pastor posted:

Yeah. I feel like it wasn't always this bad, but now, if I want semi-boring PC videos that might teach me something, I just watch Paul. Sure, he looks like Colin Meloy's little brother and his speaking style is pretty ramble-y, but I never get the urge to say "just show me that paper you're reading off and I'll be good, thanks." I appreciate Steve's asides (the ones in the Stadia video were the best part), but generally not enough to soldier through the rest of the monotone stuff.

I can't fathom the brain that would choose Paul's Hardware over the education afforded by Clint over at LGR.

I mean, admittedly it's useless information from 20 years ago, but hot drat if he doesn't have the most soothing voice.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Theophany posted:

I can't fathom the brain that would choose Paul's Hardware over the education afforded by Clint over at LGR.

I mean, admittedly it's useless information from 20 years ago, but hot drat if he doesn't have the most soothing voice.

It's true, I would not describe Paul's voice as soothing. The information is just slightly more relevant.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
If you don't mind his particular niche of vanilla World of Warcraft retrospectives and WoW Classic, madseasonshow also has a voice I can best describe as "Bovril for your ears," as in you'll either love it or hate it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Paul is ok but both he and Steve have muppet voices. There’s not many great orators in this space which makes LTT Anthony even more special.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Steve needs to use more fire and/or N2, obviously.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Steve showing up in a motovlogger's video? Didn't expect that. Just the first 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpEThGWGflQ

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Unbox Therapy continuing to dig holes for themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmX03BFO1o

TLDW: Pitaka sends UT a phone case for review, UT launches his own "original" phone case (at like $45 a pop), and then tries to hide the fact he tried to contact Pitaka to collaborate, but Pitaka CEO says "lol no you didn't".

This guy also held a giveaway where he said he was giving away a truck full of iPhones, he only did like 12 and then never spoke about it again. He also received a Stadia from Google and promised to have an actual review on its performance but it's been weeks and he hasn't said anything about it, and likely never will.

This guy is just bad.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

cage-free egghead posted:

Unbox Therapy continuing to dig holes for themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmX03BFO1o

TLDW: Pitaka sends UT a phone case for review, UT launches his own "original" phone case (at like $45 a pop), and then tries to hide the fact he tried to contact Pitaka to collaborate, but Pitaka CEO says "lol no you didn't".

This guy also held a giveaway where he said he was giving away a truck full of iPhones, he only did like 12 and then never spoke about it again. He also received a Stadia from Google and promised to have an actual review on its performance but it's been weeks and he hasn't said anything about it, and likely never will.

This guy is just bad.

Come on, most phone cases look similar and it's probably just a coincid.......well, poo poo, that's pretty clear cut.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember him shilling for some McDonald's thing and it was hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZE5W97kXE

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3SInHr9ck

Now THAT'S shilling

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That needs to go to the audiophile thread.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

jeff8472 posted:

Steve showing up in a motovlogger's video? Didn't expect that. Just the first 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpEThGWGflQ

Steve’s personal channel is all bike videos, so this makes sense.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I feel like university papers could be written about what happened in this video. If we acknowledge that beautiful music can bring someone to tears, and a dishonest sales guy can "prove" his audiophile garbage can reduce you to tears... just, jesus christ

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

UT guy always seemed like a huckster rear end in a top hat. I don’t mean to be gatekeeping but he doesn’t really come across as an enthusiast at all - bad vibes to me.

Lol at that Linus video. He really let that guy say some fruity poo poo

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Jesus christ everything about that video is uncomfortable, from the hairless guy justifying this equipment without saying anything worthwhile to Linus' usual bombardment of advertising in video and video description, I'd be happier if I saw this at 4am between katana and cut price jewelry, not a childrens video website.

Only worthwhile thing is going to be people dubbing songs over the video where Linus cries.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I wonder if PC gamers have reached the prerequisite age and wealth in sufficient numbers that I could start selling $5000 (BUT NOW ON SALE FOR $2999) boutique mousepads that will make your mouse movement BETTER!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ya that’s water cooling

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I honestly have no idea how Unbox Therapy is such a big thing.... the guy is the most transparent shill I've ever seen.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Speaking of listening on headphones, something I wonder on their videos, especially ones with Linus, why does the audio sound all weird and choppy? I presume it's hard to notice or they would have done something about it. Is it an audio compressor they are using? Or are they auto-tuning Linus's voice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVY5CjEC3W4

I think Steve died a little when he had to say Anime Waifu Edition GPU.