Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I find myself with 2 starting TEs and that's definitely a luxury right now. Would be willing to part with one for an RB. No, not Wayne Gallman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i responded to one trade request yesterday, but i think i might have ignored one earlier in the week. if so, my apologies; i totally forgot about it.

aaaand i declined another without the intended explanation. Mikkyler 5oz Pour, i'm open to trade for one of your RBs, i just don't need a WR. PM me if that's easier!

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 5, 2019

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Feeling cute, might trade Russell Wilson later :allears:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just to save any more time with me going over rosters, is there anyone willing to trade a tight end?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Quiet Feet posted:

Just to save any more time with me going over rosters, is there anyone willing to trade a tight end?

My wife says I have a tight end. Not sure what I’d trade it for, but shoot me an offer.

Pics can be provided if needed.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

funkybottoms posted:

i just don't need a WR.

lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

My wife says I have a tight end. Not sure what I’d trade it for, but shoot me an offer.

Pics can be provided if needed.

I...will pass.

Have a couple more offers out. I'll sit down and be quiet if neither pans out. Though if you've received one please feel free to counter-offer.

Edit: Spacejung please stop trying to send me the corpse of Jared Cook.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

So my team sucks, but I’m the interest of making sure no one dips out on their boxes this year let’s do a sound off and start having people comment in here that they are still alive.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm alive and looking forward to sending out beer to one of the winners at the end of the year when my stupid garbage team disappoints me.

Well, of course even on the off chance I actually won anything I would still be sending out some good beer. At this point though, I figure I might only have an outside shot at the losers bracket box. Which I want to remind everyone is a thing and is it good reason to keep setting your lineup every week even if it seems rough right now. Aside from just being a nice human being and a good sport.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

I'm alive despite my terrible team.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Yes, hello, I am alive. I drank some Ravens colored tallboys of Natty Boh tonight during the first half of NE@BAL, but I promise I will send craft-ier beer.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Hopefully my high game score holds and I am rewarded with a box for it because my team is trash and that’s the only thing I have to look forward to.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Hopefully my high game score holds and I am rewarded with a box for it because my team is trash and that’s the only thing I have to look forward to.

well, you're thrashing me this week, but at least i didn't leave 69 points on the bench like in most of my other losses

and, yeah, i'm totally sending someone a box of beer when this is all done.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Cant stop wont stop

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

There's a tie? Oh Jesus there's a tie. Never seen one in any league I've joined before. It's beautiful.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
alive

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Quiet Feet posted:

There's a tie? Oh Jesus there's a tie. Never seen one in any league I've joined before. It's beautiful.

Who did I tie with? We both left tons of points on the bench.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Alive and well.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I have one (1) Tom Brady available for the right price if anyone would like a reliable QB who loves kissing his son.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

When is the trade deadline?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

11/15

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

If anyone needs a top TE, let me know. Deadline approaching.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zam posted:

If anyone needs a top TE, let me know. Deadline approaching.

Which one can I get for Zach Pascal?

Taking a look now and the only positions you could get and upgrade from me would be kicker and D/ST. And I guess McCaffrey but he's single-handedly accounting for like 1/3 of my points. Your roster is probably the best in the league right now. Like anybody who'd be a clear upgrade over your starters would also probably be A: too valuable to trade for a TE and B: probably be tops at the position for somebody else's roster. Not trying to be snarky, just sayin' I think you're stuck with 3 TEs. :shobon:

And someone proving me wrong in 3...2...

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
So is everything set for playoffs except for last spot?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Just about. Looks like you and me and Rapoporter are all still jostling for the #3 spot but we'll all be in, though seeding is going to depend on total points. As of right now that's Dallas Sucks, Breesus and Rapoporter in order but it's not such a huge gap this week that any of us couldn't shoot past the others with a good outing and/or a bad one from the other team.

Realized I was working under the assumption that 3 teams get in from each division and I guess that's not the case? So we're going to have a 6-7 6th seed it just remains to be seen who since we have five 5-7 teams. One of Naturdays or Schrodingers Brewery is definitely eliminated this week since they're head to head, the rest will depend on who wins their games and then total points. Right now the leader among all of them in that category is Arcega Whiteclaw.

Does anyone remember how we figured out the loser's bracket winner last year? Was that on points?

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Quiet Feet posted:

Just about. Looks like you and me and Rapoporter are all still jostling for the #3 spot but we'll all be in, though seeding is going to depend on total points. As of right now that's Dallas Sucks, Breesus and Rapoporter in order but it's not such a huge gap this week that any of us couldn't shoot past the others with a good outing and/or a bad one from the other team.

Realized I was working under the assumption that 3 teams get in from each division and I guess that's not the case? So we're going to have a 6-7 6th seed it just remains to be seen who since we have five 5-7 teams. One of Naturdays or Schrodingers Brewery is definitely eliminated this week since they're head to head, the rest will depend on who wins their games and then total points. Right now the leader among all of them in that category is Arcega Whiteclaw.

Does anyone remember how we figured out the loser's bracket winner last year? Was that on points?

I won the loser bracket last year, but it was set up oddly.

I won the first two weeks, and no one else did, so I won. Technically there was a third week, but because there were no byes set the first week it didn't make sense?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

How the gently caress am I in the hunt for the playoffs?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Eh, congrats Mikkyler 5oz pour. I think you jumped 3 people to make the playoffs!

This is one of my favorite leagues, because even though I finished one spot out of the money rounds, I get to hand-select a bunch of beer for someone. I've received 4-5 bombers for placing in this league, but whoever draws me you're going to get ~6 crowlers of insanity from my PNW nerd beer bar

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

Eh, congrats Mikkyler 5oz pour. I think you jumped 3 people to make the playoffs!

This is one of my favorite leagues, because even though I finished one spot out of the money rounds, I get to hand-select a bunch of beer for someone. I've received 4-5 bombers for placing in this league, but whoever draws me you're going to get ~6 crowlers of insanity from my PNW nerd beer bar

I feel like instead of just bringing my one losing record to the playoffs I have absorbed the Voltron-like power of 5 losing records. Good luck in consolation!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

I feel like instead of just bringing my one losing record to the playoffs I have absorbed the Voltron-like power of 5 losing records. Good luck in consolation!

You're going to win this week because fantasy football only exists to disappoint me. Yes I know I came in 2nd last year, but that was only fate playing the long game so now that I've had a taste of success my further defeats can be more bitter.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Wtf I have never seen a fantasy score this ridiculous. This means the rest of my season is cursed right?

I was correct. After winning my first 3 games handily, I went on to go 2-8 in my remaining games. In closing, Fantasy Football is a game of contrasts.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i appreciate how well everyone did against me; i think i'm sixth in points scored, but am in eleventh place overall.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

funkybottoms posted:

i'm sixth in points scored, but am in eleventh place overall.

This is exactly my dad's situation in our friends and family league and he is pissed . Nobody is even close to his Points Against.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
All right that should do it. Credit Quiet Feet for the well executed handcuff block

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I refuse to believe I'm going to win. Woods is going to get concussed and fumble on his first catch or something.

Edit: okay so that didnt happen.

Further edit: I may have a serious problem with pessimism.

Last edit: yeah I'm up 15 now and still looking for some way I might lose I definitely have a problem.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 9, 2019

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

How does the consolation bracket work?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That is a good question. I know Paul Proteus/Breesus won last year since he said as much a ways up on this page. The thing I'm having trouble figuring out is just how that worked out. Obviously not by record because there were 3 2-2 teams at the end, and if it was by total points Ben Roethlislager would've won (and I'm glad did not because he welched on his beer shipment) so it's not that.

Paul Proteus posted:

I won the loser bracket last year, but it was set up oddly.

I won the first two weeks, and no one else did, so I won. Technically there was a third week, but because there were no byes set the first week it didn't make sense?

So, I guess the third week didn't count? That seems wrong and I don't get why byes would matter. I'll see if I can PM Catfish Noodlin' since he was commish last year.

Wait, how in the world are there going to be three matchups in the winner's consolation ladder?

Edit: Afaict shouldn't it be the winner of gmc7 anyway? I honestly thought that it being the winner of the game on the top of the bracket sounded too simple but if that's really the case then it'd be you vs Beer Hat for the consolation box.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 16, 2019

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, got a reply from Catfish Noodlin and I'm working on it but I'm at home with my sick daughter I don't have the brainpower to spare right now. Kinda tempted to just go with how the ladder would normally go (winner of game 7 on the ladder) because on very quick glance, I think it yields the same result. Don't want to inadvertently screw anyone out of a win though so I'll take a longer look later tonight. Unless anyone else wants to math this out for me.

quote:

I can't find the 2018 league results, but I believe what we did was something like this:

Week 1: All consolation bracket losers eliminated
Week 2: Compare scores to determine who would have won in a proper match-up between eliminated teams.
Week 3: Same as above

I think I might have lucked out where I think it would have generated an easy single-elimination winner, but without the results I'm not sure. It's certainly something that I should have remembered to mention that needed to be fixed for this year's league, I'm sorry I dropped the ball on that one.

Here's the thread for reference:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...40&pagenumber=4

Like I said, I think that still works out for a Naturdays/Beer Hat game for the consolation box but I'll give even odds that I've had a brain fart somewhere.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
What the hell? I don't understand that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Last year what ended up happening was that I treated only the teams who started in the consolation bracket week 1 in the playoffs as being "in" the consolation bracket, and eliminated them as they lost games regardless of who they played, ignoring the teams that were added week 2 and 3 from champ bracket and those that started it originally but lost match-ups generated by ESPN.

I think last year we lucked out in generating an easy winner from the consolation bracket because Paul Proteus was the only valid player in it from week 1 who won all his games in the playoffs AND I think ended up with scores that would have beat all the remaining valid players both week 2 and 3- he would have won any sort of normally scheduled consolation bracket.

I'm sorry I didn't remember to bring this up when you guys were setting up this year, it's something that probably should have been solved earlier in the year because you could easily end up with a harder time figuring out a winner.