Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Episode 7 of this show is apparently going to feature a sneak peek of TROS after the credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Babby Jabba.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Baby Yoda riding a Baby Hutt please

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Gonz posted:

Episode 7 of this show is apparently going to feature a sneak peek of TROS after the credits.

The what? Is that a baby yoda toy?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Frankenstyle posted:

But seriously. Re-watched the episode a couple more times and Gina's acting wasn't as bad as my first impression. The fist fight is great and that shot where Mando gets slammed face first into the dirt from Cara's haymaker makes me wince for the poor stuntman.
That move would definitely have way more effect than helmet-punching, unless his helmet is fitted with some magical inertia-cancelling padding material I'm sure exists in star wars canon somewhere.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Courtship is the one where there are rancor-riding force-witches.

Crystal Star is the one with space-succubi, space-centaurs, and space-werewolves.

Sorry. "Wyrwulves."

Crystal Star is just lovely, in a not fun kind of way. There's nothing weirdly bad or interesting going on, just incredibly tired ideas written astonishingly badly even for mid-90's mass-produced genre fiction.

Is that the one with Space Hitler Youth?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Thinking about it more, I kinda feel like we could have started at the end of Gina's talk about her life history and it wouldn't have lost anything- she looked pretty much like the marine from doom, and that's enough explanation for me.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Gonz posted:

TRON III?!
HOLYSHIT YEAH

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

TRON III?!
HOLYSHIT YEAH

Joking aside if they could make a tv series in that world it would own. Probably require too high a budget though.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The technique they film this show with would work even better with Tron tbh. Hell it's a lot simpler visually.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Red Warrior posted:

Is that the one with Space Hitler Youth?

One of them.

The Solo kids get kidnapped (maybe for the first time ever!) and Luke starts worshiping a gelatinous cube which eats people publicly.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

McTimmy posted:

One of them.

The Solo kids get kidnapped (maybe for the first time ever!) and Luke starts worshiping a gelatinous cube which eats people publicly.

Bor Gullet first appearance.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Owlbear Camus posted:

Bor Gullet first appearance.

https://youtu.be/xOyD0zHQFsU?t=1352

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Mad props to the narrator for calling Rogue One "a Star War." I will watch more of her videos just for thst.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Owlbear Camus posted:

Mad props to the narrator for calling Rogue One "a Star War." I will watch more of her videos just for thst.

She's very talented, i hope her content grows.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Cartoon Man posted:

Joking aside if they could make a tv series in that world it would own. Probably require too high a budget though.

They did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwmjEhYvoA

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Tron Uprising keeps popping up in my youtube recommendations for some reason.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

McTimmy posted:

It’s real good that’s probably why.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

McTimmy posted:

For some reason recently, the Disney XD channel keeps posting clips from the series. Why now, after like 4 years off the air, is unclear. I get the same clips sometimes showing in my feed, they seem to put up decent view numbers too. Very strange.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Teek posted:

For some reason recently, the Disney XD channel keeps posting clips from the series. Why now, after like 4 years off the air, is unclear. I get the same clips sometimes showing in my feed, they seem to put up decent view numbers too. Very strange.

Because the Tron coaster is under construction and opening in the near future at Disney’s Magic Kingdom park.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Gonz posted:

Doesn't episode 7 come out on the same day, though?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Casting news for season 2 that's a spoiler for this season: Carl Weathers Returns For “Mandalorian” S2

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Captain Splendid posted:

I think its the 18th for Ep. 7 according to something I read somewhere that I cannot find now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

McTimmy posted:

Because it's loving awesome.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, the week TROS comes out, new Mando episode is on Wednesday instead of Friday.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Captain Splendid posted:

Comes out on the Wednesday the 18th, a day before preview screenings for TROS on Thursday the 19th.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Every episode introduces someone new and I think "oh, this character will join Mando's crew and become part of the full time cast," and they always get left behind at the end. Maybe they'll all assemble at the end. Assassin Droid, Small Robert Duvall (as portrayed by Nick Nolte), Apollo Creed, Muscle Woman, all of em, just a huge party.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Firstborn posted:

Continue to pretend nothing exists besides the OT. Plenty of people do it.

Fair enough, although lmao @ the idea that Disney was writing their new flagship live action show, for their new streaming service, which is strategically timed to both hype TRoS and to keep franchise momentum going after the sequel trilogy, and which is currently a ratings juggernaut, was written with the Clone Wars and Rebels viewership in mind.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Isn't that just because of Filoni's involvement? I never saw the animated stuff.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Mandalorian is explicitly a Jon Favreau creation, so saying it was created with Clone Wars/Rebels viewership in mind is a bit misguided. Filoni was brought onboard as producer—and to direct two episodes, as well as write one of them—but Favreau is the series showrunner. [edit] I'm guessing Favreau's working relationship with Disney is similar to Chris Nolan's with WB at this point.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 4, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Filoni is co-showrunner and an executive producer on the show. So yes, while it was not initially pitched as so tied to CW/Rebels, one of the main people behind it at its inception as an actual series was the core person behind those animated shows. Which basically means I think the arc was probably in Favreau's initial pitch, but Filoni is bringing SW color to the world.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 4, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

The Mandalorian is explicitly a Jon Favreau creation, so saying it was created with Clone Wars/Rebels viewership in mind is a bit misguided. Filoni was brought onboard as producer—and to direct two episodes, as well as write one of them—but Favreau is the series showrunner. [edit] I'm guessing Favreau's working relationship with Disney is similar to Chris Nolan's with WB at this point.

Favs relationship with Filoni is for sure the reason they made this work out. They've been friends for years and bonded over star wars while he was mixing sound on Ironman at skywalker ranch

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, I'm aware of the working relationship between Favreau and Filoni. Filoni brought his creative flavor and influence to The Mandalorian, but I don't think he's officially co-showrunner. It's never stated as such in the press, only that Favreau helms the series. Regardless of whatever formal crew titles though, to say that the show was written with Rebels/Clone Wars viewership in mind isn't 100% accurate imo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I guess there’s just a bunch of different kinds of Mandolorians. Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists, Mormons, Adventists, etc.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Prince Xizor is the most nerd character in the EU.

He stays in shape without working out because working out is a "waste of time" so he rides the snake with a space Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters band.

He has lizard pheremones that melt Princess Leia's panties off and make her soaking wet for that sweet lizard d against her wishes and is only saved by a giant furry man coming to her rescue and saving her because she can't save herself from turning into his dick slave.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 4, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

Yeah, I'm aware of the working relationship between Favreau and Filoni. Filoni brought his creative flavor and influence to The Mandalorian, but I don't think he's officially co-showrunner. It's never stated as such in the press, only that Favreau helms the series. Regardless of whatever formal crew titles though, to say that the show was written with Rebels/Clone Wars viewership in mind isn't 100% accurate imo.

He's officially co executive producer with Darth Kennedy and Fav,

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

He's officially co executive producer with Darth Kennedy and Fav,

Yeah I know, but Favreau has sole writing credits on all but two episodes this season.

kiimo posted:

Prince Xizor is the most nerd character in the EU.

He stays in shape without working out because working out is a "waste of time" so he rides the snake with a space Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters band.

He has lizard pheremones that melt Princess Leia's panties off and make her soaking wet for that sweet lizard d against her wishes and is only saved by a giant furry man coming to her rescue and saving her because she can't save herself from turning into his dick slave.

The gently caress? Lmao.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

teagone posted:

The gently caress? Lmao.

quote:

Xizor also became enamored of Leia Organa and attempted to seduce her.[4] As with his other schemes, this backfired dramatically.[4] He used his pheromones upon her and for a while, Leia submitted to the scent.[4] However, after Chewbacca brought her back to her senses, she quickly rebuffed his advances by kneeing him in the groin, leaving an enraged Xizor to lock her up.[4]

The actual scene was so cringe-worthy

...more because his character is so transparantly nerd fantasy

quote:

Xizor kept himself in top physical condition. He disliked tedious exercise and so preferred to use myostim units that exercised individual muscles. Xizor was dangerous even when confronted alone. His excellent marksmanship and martial arts training made him a deadly opponent whether he was armed or not.

RomancesEdit
Generally a fan of the short-term relationship, Xizor naturally was quick to terminate his intimate relations, usually with large compensation to the female, other times with a green diamond pendant (which would deliver a lethal dose of radioactive emissions).[9] He followed a strict no post-relationship contact policy, which on at least one noted occasion, he had to terminate the woman when she attempted to contact him again.[4] When he was between relationships, Xizor was known to occasionally sleep with Guri as she was fully female even in that respect.[4]

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

teagone posted:

The gently caress? Lmao.

Any legends EU poo poo you think is too stupid to be real and someone has to be pulling yout leg has a 95% chance of being real.

A three eyed heir to Palpatine named Trioculus?

A cyborg sith warrior who dual wields lightsabers and has four more lightsabers built into his elbows and knees?

It's true. All of it.

E: lol that wookieepedia poo poo about Xixor is even worse than I imagined. He impersonates a Chad and kills "the female" whores with radioactive jewelry then fucks his realdoll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Made a dope rear end videogame though

Rest in power Dash Rendar