Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Went out browsing today, and ended up doing this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
A black Bullitt? Sacrilege...

All joking aside, cool pick. My heart can't decide between a Bullitt (in the correct DH Green) or a PP2 in silver with red leather Recaros.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Q_res posted:

A black Bullitt? Sacrilege...

All joking aside, cool pick. My heart can't decide between a Bullitt (in the correct DH Green) or a PP2 in silver with red leather Recaros.
I'd rather have the Bullitt. It's still a PP1 car, you get better looking wheels, and you aren't gonna run it hard enough to notice the difference anyway.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

ilkhan posted:

I'd rather have the Bullitt. It's still a PP1 car, you get better looking wheels, and you aren't gonna run it hard enough to notice the difference anyway.

Mostly how I felt, but really it's not missing much from a PP2 that I was dying for (except magnaride which it has).

Magnaride is amazing btw, and highway driving in normal mode is beyond ok, which was my biggest worry since the wife gets car sick easy. Weekend trips are completely doable and oddly enough she gets less car sick with the stiffer suspension.

The black was just too killer to pass on as much as I love the green.

Spent the weekend driving it on back rounds and I loving love it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

ilkhan posted:

I really don't care for the new Bullitt wheels at all. Plus, the PP2 is cheaper, even if you add Active Exhaust to match the Bullitt.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
What's up with them calling the Mach E a Mustang?

I'd be down for an electric Mustang but not a Mustang crossover.

A Mustang has two goddamn doors. (and this is the part where some obscure thing from the 70s proves me wrong)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Never respect a brand.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Resting Lich Face posted:

What's up with them calling the Mach E a Mustang?

I'd be down for an electric Mustang but not a Mustang crossover.

A Mustang has two goddamn doors. (and this is the part where some obscure thing from the 70s proves me wrong)

ok boomer

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Lmao

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm just joking btw, I somewhat agree that using the Mustang name is an odd choice.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mustangs have however many doors Ford wants them to have

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Mustangs have 3 doors

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
This is some Boomer-tier poo poo, like their crying over the new Corvette being mid-engined.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
All of the old people butthurt that their sacred nameplate has been violated gives me life.

Such a stupid thing to get riled up about.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Mustang EVThread - Our cars thirst for fast DC charging

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
When it was first announced I was a little :chloe: but that thing is pretty sweet. 0-60 in 3.5 or something??? Crazy.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Yeah I guess it sort of makes sense that they'd give it the Mustang badge if you squint. That brand is definitely something they don't want to dilute so if anything I feel like this is signaling that they're very confident in how this release is going to go.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dick Burglar posted:

This is some Boomer-tier poo poo, like their crying over the new Corvette being mid-engined.

This car is ugly

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

This car is ugly

Yes it is, and that's a valid criticism. Saying it's CORRRRRRUPTING THE MUSTANG BRAND or NOT A TRUE MUSTANG though is fuckin stupid

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
There are no sacred animals so just do whatever.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Yeah I guess it sort of makes sense that they'd give it the Mustang badge if you squint. That brand is definitely something they don't want to dilute so if anything I feel like this is signaling that they're very confident in how this release is going to go.

Please drive a mustang II and edit this post.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Elephanthead posted:

No such vehicle exists

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

Yeah after sleeping on it that was a real dumb post and idk what I was thinking lol

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cage posted:

When it was first announced I was a little :chloe: but that thing is pretty sweet. 0-60 in 3.5 or something??? Crazy.
Yeah, the performance is on par with a previous gen GT500 and easily keeps up with a current GT 0-60. Handling, it's heavy and on skinny tires but the weight will be low so it should feel surprisingly good.

And there are a good number of styling queues that match, from lights front and back, to the haunch lines, to the feelnof the shapes. The interior on the next gen ICE mustang will probably be similar too.

Does it deserve the badge? I think so, though I would have been just as happy if they used Mach-E without the mustang moniker.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd06nMFsYKM&t=549s

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ilkhan posted:

Yeah, the performance is on par with a previous gen GT500 and easily keeps up with a current GT 0-60. Handling, it's heavy and on skinny tires but the weight will be low so it should feel surprisingly good.

And there are a good number of styling queues that match, from lights front and back, to the haunch lines, to the feelnof the shapes. The interior on the next gen ICE mustang will probably be similar too.

Does it deserve the badge? I think so, though I would have been just as happy if they used Mach-E without the mustang moniker.

I guarantee you they’re banking on the Mustang moniker increasing sales. Attach a new thing to an already-beloved thing and your new thing inherits some of the goodwill from the beloved thing. Unless the new thing turns out to be a piece of poo poo, in which case it damages the reputation of the beloved thing, which is what happened with the Mustang II.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Top Hats Monthly posted:

This car is ugly

It’s way better looking than the Model Y.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
The forums tell me I'm 11000 posts behind on this thread so apologies if this has been talked about before, but going into Mustang forums is just not something I want to do.

Anyhoo, Coyote 5.0 ticking. Run away or don't worry?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Nidhg00670000 posted:

The forums tell me I'm 11000 posts behind on this thread so apologies if this has been talked about before, but going into Mustang forums is just not something I want to do.

Anyhoo, Coyote 5.0 ticking. Run away or don't worry?

isnt ticking a known issue on 99% of all coyote motors?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Have I posted about these louvers yet?? I feel like I havent.

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/fits-99-04-ford-mustang-ikon-style-window-louver.html

I kind of hate them, but I wish I could see a pic on a car straight from the back. They probably look great straight on or profile view but the 3/4 view aint working.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
That seems to be the case for pretty much all the aftermarket louvers i've seen. There's a few for the s550s and they just look rotten from pretty much every angle except straight on.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Any ideas for reducing wind noise on a 2004 convertible? I cna comfortably cruise 95 miles per hour on the italian autostrada, but the wind noise is kind of jarring. I know I have to live with it to some extent, but any well known tricks?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Vahakyla posted:

Any ideas for reducing wind noise on a 2004 convertible? I cna comfortably cruise 95 miles per hour on the italian autostrada, but the wind noise is kind of jarring. I know I have to live with it to some extent, but any well known tricks?

a lesser known trick is just drive backwards.... or you could get something ugly like this, https://www.stang-aholics.com/i-24193466-94-04-mustang-convertible-wind-deflector-kit.html

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Might be worth taking it in and seeing if the windows can be adjusted if the noise you're hearing is wind rushing and not just normal "my roof is fabric" stuff.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

kalvick posted:

a lesser known trick is just drive backwards.... or you could get something ugly like this, https://www.stang-aholics.com/i-24193466-94-04-mustang-convertible-wind-deflector-kit.html

Lmao "gently caress your rear seats. You know you don't have any friends anyway."

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Dick Burglar posted:

Lmao "gently caress your rear seats. You know you don't have any friends anyway."
I'm literally looking at selling my mustang in the near future because my four year old is too tall to fit in it. Unless you're friends with Tyrion Lannister, I doubt that backseat is much use for that anyway.

... but also, yeah, what the gently caress, that's dumb.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can't you just crank up the radio?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Can't you just crank up the radio?
What do you think this is, the Jeep thread?

Correct answer is you need a louder exhaust :v:

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Krakkles posted:

Correct answer is you need a louder exhaust :v:

The correct answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org