Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
just smoke more weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I have an old neck injury that is apparently getting worse.

Numbness in my arms gently caress yeah. :ohdear:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

echinopsis posted:

it’s difficult to navigate because you’ll get different results if you ask questions like “what is the best oil to use to prevent CVD risk” vs “what oils are best to reduce inflammation”

you should be able to tell within a month if you’re getting any benefit, most people don’t really notice it too much until they stop them and then it’s clear how much better it had become. it’s hardly a panacea tho

Also pain is a hard thing to track accurately. It helps keeping a pain journal where you track how often you note the pain in a day and how bad it is each time you notice it.

Data over memory because human memory is garbage and will lie to you.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

more hair in the sink when I trimmed my eyebrows today than there was when I started shaving in my teens.

at least I still make an effort to trim my eyebrows and keep ear- and nose hairs in check.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

axolotl farmer posted:

more hair in the sink when I trimmed my eyebrows today than there was when I started shaving in my teens.

at least I still make an effort to trim my eyebrows and keep ear- and nose hairs in check.

mood as hell

thanks for the reminder, the hairs on the top of my ears are getting unsightly

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

i literally pulled out a eyebrow hair that had a split end. I thought that was only something long head hair had to worry about. :rip:

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
started seeing gray in my beard :rip:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
"started" lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
don’t trim you eyebrows and stuff. thats the source of your old person powers.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

don’t trim you eyebrows and stuff. thats the source of your old person powers.

this is true. you want those really bushy old man wizard eyebrows

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i mean i guess i can imagine eyebrows bushy enough to trim but they'd have to be pretty bad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

i mean i guess i can imagine eyebrows bushy enough to trim but they'd have to be pretty bad
anything below monarch level is cowardice

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Uptime Sinclair posted:

anything below monarch level is cowardice

that reminds me if you're old enough to get more than 20% of the pop culture jokes on the venture brothers you belong in this thread

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

that reminds me if you're old enough to get more than 20% of the pop culture jokes on the venture brothers you belong in this thread

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

:hfive:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

axolotl farmer posted:

ha this was me yesterday, at this rate ill trim more from them than my nose and ear hair combined

its full wizard if i wait a few weeks

rotor posted:

this is true. you want those really bushy old man wizard eyebrows

yesssss, mine started at about 25 and theyve only become more powerful since then

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i have one blond (I swear its blond) eyebrow hair that looks sharp as hell, but loses its effect with the salt and pepper beard stubble

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

my other hair is not blond but a nice streak of grey in the temples and im gonna rock that as long as it lasts

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

qirex posted:

I’ll gladly accept that

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the venture brothers is basically "I went to college in the 1990s, the cartoon"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have been using Australian Dream and Blue Emu for arthritis. They seem to help quite a bit. maybe it's placebo but I hurt a lot less so idgaf

also I'm taking glucosamine but that apparently won't even start helping for months (also I frequently forget to take it in the morning) so 🤷‍♀️

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also I still haven't got the blood test so I don't even actually know if it's arthritis lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

whoa. there’s a blood test for arthritis? :monocle:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well the blood tests are to rule out other things more than they're _for_ arthritis

also gotta schedule a sleep test v_v

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

any time i see my dad now he's all, 'i had some grey hairs when i was your age' and i'm all, 'well yeah you had four kids no poo poo'

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
my hair and beard are very slowly going white, no gray for me

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I'm doing PT because I can't code as hard as I used to be able to. Nobody I work with can use my workstation because of all the special ergo equipment. At least the pt seems to be helping.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

General question, not necessarily specific to this show: How is a person supposed to recognize that they're missing X percent of the pop culture references when, by definition, they're only missing the ones they don't know?

Surely not all the references are that hamfisted?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
they can be pretty hamfisted. most of the refs are early gen-x stuff, even late boomer. i mean do kids these days even know who the gently caress jonny quest was, the entire premise the show is parodying?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

James Baud posted:

General question, not necessarily specific to this show: How is a person supposed to recognize that they're missing X percent of the pop culture references when, by definition, they're only missing the ones they don't know?

if pete white is talking, there is a pop culture reference being made

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

pram posted:

they can be pretty hamfisted. most of the refs are early gen-x stuff, even late boomer. i mean do kids these days even know who the gently caress jonny quest was, the entire premise the show is parodying?
some of the gap is helped by nick at nite or local equivalent. jonny quest ran all the time on ytv Canada in the early 90s if not the late 80s

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

some of the gap is helped by nick at nite or local equivalent. jonny quest ran all the time on ytv Canada in the early 90s if not the late 80s

there was also the jonny quest reboot in the mid/late 90s

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

remember that one episode where the brothers found out they were clones? that one quick scene where it shows one of the hanks dressed up as 60s batman jumping off a roof holding an umbrella still makes me literally lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

James Baud posted:

it’s not really about specific %, it’s “mostly” vs. “some”. also hamfisted isn’t always bad particularly in comedy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

that's only level one of reference getting, if you take a character like wide wale he's like 3 jokes in 1: he's italian Kingpin but also he's a whale guy but also "wale" is the gauge of corduroy fabric, of which his suit is made

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

qirex posted:

that's only level one of reference getting, if you take a character like wide wale he's like 3 jokes in 1: he's italian Kingpin but also he's a whale guy but also "wale" is the gauge of corduroy fabric, of which his suit is made
he’s also a reference to a dc villain, tobias whale, who was their kingpin knockoff

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Uptime Sinclair posted:

he’s also a reference to a dc villain, tobias whale, who was their kingpin knockoff

and this is why it takes them like 4 years to make a single season

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

vb throwaway pun name villains like the radical left, vendata, haranguetan, phineas phage, etc are always a hoot to me

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uptime Sinclair posted:

vb throwaway pun name villains like the radical left, vendata, haranguetan, phineas phage, etc are always a hoot to me

I love the OSI episode, where you get to meet Tank Top (a guy whose upper body is wrapped in a tank turret) and Shuttlecock (a guy in an astronaut costume holding a badminton racket). :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress are you guys talking about

when I grew up I watched home improvement

filmed in front of a live audience