Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I really should watch the Oscar specials sometime huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I don't think it's been "confirmed" anywhere, but people on the On Cinema subreddit made a point of it. Also his wife posted a few pictures of them out as a family and the kid is a spitting image of TCH.

The adult swim livestream show (that I think is a spinoff of this sub or a fb group) brought this up last night as well. They also had some footage of Gregg looking for Mark while knocking out a few On Locations

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Oh my God they killed TCH

My jaw was on the floor the whole episode. Then I watched the Oscar special and saw his "return". This is the darkest thing I have ever non stop laughed at.

I’m getting confused about the two On Cinema threads I’m currently posting in, so I may have said this already but

The moment in that Oscar special right before Tim starts talking about his dead son and goes

“Now - I want to talk about the elephant in the room. It’s been... (barenaked ladies voice) ~IT’S BEEN ~”

is possibly the hardest I’ve ever laughed at anything.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really should watch the Oscar specials sometime huh

In their big YouTube playlist in addition to the specials in one giant video they have them broken up into the different sketches if you just want to see parts that look interesting

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Murk would likely still be alive had he not constantly disrespected Tim on his own show.

He never learned his place.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

season 3 is really going in on gregg holy poo poo

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

I’m getting confused about the two On Cinema threads I’m currently posting in, so I may have said this already but

What’s the other thread?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sponges posted:

What’s the other thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2308772&perpage=40&pagenumber=150

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I didn't even realize there was another On Cinema thread. Aw well, having one in here is fine too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Gregg really cares about Ayaka. Not in a romantic way, I don't think he's capable of that. But I was shocked towards the end of season 8 while Tim was recovering from burns Gregg asked apropos of nothing what was up with her/how she was doing. He has never asked any personal question before. Even when the baby died he could only talk about the baby as an actor and reference the media it appeared in.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think he cared for her and TCH too. It's pretty apparent with that one photo at her company picnic. He definitely cared more than Tim.

Of course he seemed super annoyed at them when they cut into his movie watching time.

I just saw the newest episode. Tim clearly married Toni as some kind of scheme to transfer his debt to her. What a piece of poo poo.
How long does it take for a new season to start?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There’s no set schedule. The first 4 seasons came out in pretty rapid succession but it’s been about a year between seasons after that. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Between seasons 10 and 11 there was a live tour and a movie though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that The Trial, or is there another movie

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Is that The Trial, or is there another movie

I’m referring to 2019’s Mister America, which is essentially a sequel to the Trial.

The Trial came between seasons 9 and 10.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What month do you expect it to return, based on last year?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Detective No. 27 posted:

What month do you expect it to return, based on last year?

Somewhere between summer and fall 2020 at the earliest. Tim & Eric are on a big tour in winter and early spring.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neil Hamburger too! They're gonna be in my town around the same week. I'm excited.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blast Fantasto posted:

I’m referring to 2019’s Mister America, which is essentially a sequel to the Trial.

The Trial came between seasons 9 and 10.

How much of this is easily available. I've been watching On Cinema's playlist on YouTube so I'm missing Dekker, which I hope to watch later. I couldn't find a watch order listing which Dekkers take place between which episodes so I decided I'd watch those all later. I have seen The Trial pop up in my recommended list so I know that's on YouTube

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mister America is available to rent digitally.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

How much of this is easily available. I've been watching On Cinema's playlist on YouTube so I'm missing Dekker, which I hope to watch later. I couldn't find a watch order listing which Dekkers take place between which episodes so I decided I'd watch those all later. I have seen The Trial pop up in my recommended list so I know that's on YouTube

It’s all readily available either on YouTube or the adult swim app. (And iTunes or whatever for Mister America)

This gives you the correct viewing order and context for everything

https://www.oncinematimeline.com/

Much of the fun from the first three seasons of Decker (which should be on the YouTube playlist) comes from seeing the interplay between it and On Cinema in order so I suggest picking that up. It’s less of an issue with later seasons or Decker which just alternated with seasons of On Cinema.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

https://www.oncinematimeline.com/ This website is a godsend

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I watched the first two episodes of Decker season 4 and I’m a little disappointed. It’s still fun but the production values are too good and it’s way too watchable. Nothing like the highs of Decker: Port of Call Hawaii.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I keep forgetting tim has a teenage son

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I keep forgetting tim has a teenage son

He was also either married or engaged to Axiom’s sister at some point? (Julianna)

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

I think Gregg really cares about Ayaka. Not in a romantic way, I don't think he's capable of that. But I was shocked towards the end of season 8 while Tim was recovering from burns Gregg asked apropos of nothing what was up with her/how she was doing. He has never asked any personal question before. Even when the baby died he could only talk about the baby as an actor and reference the media it appeared in.

I think the most fascinating thing about Gregg is seeing when he cares about someone or something without it being related to movies. I know when Tim was on his vape spree, Gregg called Axiom to let him know what was going on. He also let Ayaka and TCH stay in his apartment despite how much he hated them interrupting his viewing of Rookie of the Year, starring Gary Busey.

Tim is the most fun to watch, but Gregg is such a deeply-layered mess of a human being.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I think the most fascinating thing about Gregg is seeing when he cares about someone or something without it being related to movies. I know when Tim was on his vape spree, Gregg called Axiom to let him know what was going on. He also let Ayaka and TCH stay in his apartment despite how much he hated them interrupting his viewing of Rookie of the Year, starring Gary Busey.

Tim is the most fun to watch, but Gregg is such a deeply-layered mess of a human being.

Gregg is not incapable of Tim-like cruelty either, after what he did to Mark

Edit: I also want to add Joe Estevez deserves a god drat Emmy because every time he's on I'm 100% convinced he has no idea what's going on and thinks all of it is real

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 5, 2019

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

He was also either married or engaged to Axiom’s sister at some point? (Julianna)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQs5IFtq9tM

Something i noticed on the on cinema timeline site is they said Toni was the sole juror in the trial that didn't vote him guilty. I don't recall that being mentioned on the show.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just realized they're sitting in front of a green screen.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TTBF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQs5IFtq9tM

Something i noticed on the on cinema timeline site is they said Toni was the sole juror in the trial that didn't vote him guilty. I don't recall that being mentioned on the show.

It’s in Mister America when we’re introduced to Toni. She’s the sole juror and did it largely because she thought Tim was an ally in not wanting “those people” in San Bernardino

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ah. I haven't checked out the movie yet.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

dekker is required viewing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

question do we ever get to find out whose in charge of the camera because that guys decisions on what to cut to (like in the second oscar special cutting to tim before the countdowns finished and he's having a meltdown) are fascinating.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this guy is the main editor for everything https://twitter.com/stantoncranton?lang=en i dunno if he does the live stuff too. he's kinda a nobody but he's really good!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God just finished season 9. So glad Dr San is dead. Most evil character in the show by far

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

question do we ever get to find out whose in charge of the camera because that guys decisions on what to cut to (like in the second oscar special cutting to tim before the countdowns finished and he's having a meltdown) are fascinating.

On Cinema is directed by Eric Notarnicola.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I got to the TMNT episode of season 5 and I think I'm gonna give tim's monologue five bags of popcorn

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I’m on Day 2 of The Trial and good god this painful to watch. It’s like hours of just Tim mispronouncing actor names.

To be clear, I love it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The name mispronunciation gag is so much stronger in the later seasons when Tim is in full on 80s grifter businessman mode.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Huge Jackman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Casted by