Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Markus Howard is about to have 50 against usc he has looked insanely good this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue VCU on pace for about 80 turnovers

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Oklahoma State beat Ole Miss 78-37. Mississippi is not good but I don't think they're that bad either?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech is not lookin good here. Lost to a dec Iowa team and is struggling, down late to Creighton.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Purdue FSU VCU and Tennessee should all go down in the rankings after this abomination of a tournament

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
wow a unlv team found something and stopped the bleeding and forced ot :eyepop:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

of course they come up short and blow it in the end. keep getting conned by awful coaches unlv

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

A riveting 5-2 OT period between FSU and Purdue

Purdue needs to learn how to feed the post because no one else can score.

Edit: Purdue will be lucky to break 40 against Virginia on Wednesday

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
There are no words for what a loving joke this missouri offense is. if you're not playing virginia level defense then this team is a bottom 50 team in the league

on the plus side, if they continue playing this shittily, i can cancel my sling subscription and randomly tune in to a reddit feed if i feel like sticking needles in my eyeballs

there's 12 minutes left in the first half and mizzou is currently losing 12-3 to CHARLESTON SOUTHERN at home.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 4, 2019

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

eat poo poo, BC

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

R.D. Mangles posted:

eat poo poo, BC

the Chipotle experience

also the ACC Big Ten deal seems even more stratified than usual this year

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

elentar posted:

UVA beat a bad team 46-26 tonight and I don’t know if that’s really the best tuneup for Purdue/UNC but Tony Bennett seems to know what he’s about.

The wild thing about tonight’s game is that the opponent (Maine) hit all 5 of their free throws, it could’ve been worse.

God I hate what you guys have done to basketball. Just fuckin stab the rock already and deflate it at half court, then go out for pizza for the next 40 minutes, way more fun.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

mdemone posted:

God I hate what you guys have done to basketball. Just fuckin stab the rock already and deflate it at half court, then go out for pizza for the next 40 minutes, way more fun.

Related content https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1202282176009498625?s=21

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

interesting article, and it hearkens back to something i'd forgotten about :

quote:

Those that think this season’s Virginia team is unique clearly did not live through the 2005 Washington State season. The ’05 Cougars were first in defense and 264th in offense to go along with the fourth-slowest pace. Even with that unwatchable combination and a longer shot clock, just three of Washington State’s 28 games ended up with fewer than 100 points scored.

i vaguely remember those wazzou teams! of course, those were tony bennett's dad's teams until he inherited the position, so the apple isn't falling far from the tree here

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

mdemone posted:

Winning a ton and pissing everyone off makes it ok

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
32-17. But Virginia figured something out at the end and Purdue was pretty stagnant the last 8 minutes or so. It's going to be a close finish and it's going to finally kill me.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nah, this is Virginia being found out. The offense just isn’t there to bail them out this year.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Did not expect that to happen. Not going to hit 52% of 3 every night, but the new starting line up tonight clicked better than any other group this season. They should have a good run going into Butler at the Crossroads Classic.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That result has been coming all season. Our offense is abject.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

It is with great regret that I must state that Maryland actually does seem to be very good this year.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i missed the game but am unsurprised at the result, virginia isn't gonna end the season ranked 5th or whatever. kenpom was on the right side of the probabilities as always, it was a 109 point game!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

how is it that no matter who is in charge at unlv they hire a bad coach

how doesi t keep happening

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

NC State’s best game of the season by a long way. Other than the game at Auburn everything’s winnable for a month or more, they have to build on this win or the season will be over before February.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Virginia looks like it's a team full of Nojel Easterns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hello. I don't want my team to face Ohio State and then Louisville at Christmastime. But i'm a god drat moron and I deserve a war hell ride.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I grew up in the late 70s-early 80s and saw some great DePaul Rey Meyer teams at the Horizon with my parents. DePaul was also on WGN all the time so they had pretty decent exposure. Anyway it's great to see them be good again and tonight's win over TTU was a heck of a reminder about the good old days.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I grew up in the late 70s-early 80s and saw some great DePaul Rey Meyer teams at the Horizon with my parents. DePaul was also on WGN all the time so they had pretty decent exposure. Anyway it's great to see them be good again and tonight's win over TTU was a heck of a reminder about the good old days.

Grew up in the 80's and my Dad had DePaul season tickets. Saw the tail end of Dallas Comegys and then Rod Strickland. It was definitely fun in the city when DePaul had a good team.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

unlv ended up winning. both teams played ugly. onto the next one

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So Ohio State has smacked Villanova and North Carolina and, per Chris Mack himself, kicked Louisville's rear end in a preseason scrimmage. Looks like it's going to be a good year!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

about depaul, what's crazy to me is that dave leitao is the one coaching it. his time at virginia wasn't exactly stellar, but depaul took him back and he's still there

i'm glad depaul has a place in chicagoland sports, as seen in the posts above. what's really weird is that if i'm reading my kenpom right, depaul entered the big east in 2006 and has never had a winning record since. kenpom projects them at 8-10 now. i'll be watching to see if this is the year that depaul achieves big east mediocrity

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is still gonna get blown out but Luka Garza has 27 points against maybe the best defensive center in the country and it's not even halftime yet

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

oystertoadfish posted:

about depaul, what's crazy to me is that dave leitao is the one coaching it. his time at virginia wasn't exactly stellar, but depaul took him back and he's still there

i'm glad depaul has a place in chicagoland sports, as seen in the posts above. what's really weird is that if i'm reading my kenpom right, depaul entered the big east in 2006 and has never had a winning record since. kenpom projects them at 8-10 now. i'll be watching to see if this is the year that depaul achieves big east mediocrity

Leiato was actually good his first run at DePaul.

The issue the team had is DePaul never really spent money on their program as other schools poured money in to theirs. They take poo poo for it, but it is kind of admirable. Problem is that they aren't a Big East school. They should have just stuck in Conference USA where they could be competitive. Even if they have some success in the coming years, it'll just mean Leiato leaving because DePaul is a mid-major program that is a major conference.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan let Garza get what he wanted which they seemed to be Ok with. They locked down the rest of the Iowa team and Iowa didn’t have a hope of stopping Michigan on offense.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Okongwu is way too good to be wasted at USC

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Oh poo poo Buzzerbeater by USC

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Frankly amazed that NC State actually won at Wake Forest, I know they did two years ago as well it generally that’s a graveyard for the Pack no matter how bad the Wake team is.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
another game another loving terrible mizzou offensive performance to start out. at least they remembered how to play d?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

watched ku get a fairly easy win, now its time to watch kstate get a fairly easy loss

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

A letdown after beating Virginia was to be expected, but Purdue is just so bad on offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

A letdown after beating Virginia was to be expected, but Purdue is just so bad on offense

Bad? They broke 20 before halftime. How much more do you want?

The O/U was 126, currently we're at 38 at halftime.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 8, 2019