Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i want to pay moviebob to make a 12-hour mauler-style response video to that struggle session reading because the world is hell and we all deserve to die in agony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
we must all eternally burn in the idiot hellfire of movie robert

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
in the grim darkness of the bob future there is only eugenics and nintendo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

in the grim darkness of the bob future there is only eugenics

Eugenics if true.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i corner the fat movie bob man in a dark alleyway and drop trou

"no, no!" he screams as i stretch my anus to proportions not even Kirk Johnson himself could feasibly reach and begin to vacuum him, feet first, into my massive gaping rear end in a top hat

he tries to claw the ground and invoke the name of his holy mario to come save him, but the force of my rear end in a top hat's wind is just too strong and each roll of fat slowly, one by one, disappears into the cavern of my body. he lets out one final wail as the hairs of his foul beard tickle my sphincter and i close, encasing him fully in my cavernous rectum and crushing his body as i contract my organs

blood, piss and poo poo of the movie robert shoots out of my eyes, ears, nose and mouth as i walk away, his body deflating as the liquid compresses out of it. the only consolation for him is that the stench of my anal gas ensures he would lose consciousness quickly

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Lord of Booty, you okay?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

His rampage review was annoying a poo poo. He’s basically a boomer.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

CelticPredator posted:

His rampage review was annoying a poo poo. He’s basically a boomer.

There is that meme image going around twitter calling hin the "consoomer"

He also gets really fussy when you call him "Robert" online.

Struggle Session reading the book and just doing audio cringing at things like him ditching a funeral early to play Mario Brothers 3 should inform people just how childish filmer robert really is.

But look at the bright side - at least nobody is talking Doug Walker anymore?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TelevisedInsanity posted:

He also gets really fussy when you call him "Robert" online.

I say it's even-odds his parents only did that when they were telling him off, so he associates it with people treating him like a child and he's not, he's the mature adult in the room and it's not faaaaaiiirrr! :qq:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"no, no!" he screams as i stretch my anus to proportions not even Kirk Johnson himself could feasibly reach and begin to vacuum him, feet first, into my massive gaping rear end in a top hat

he tries to claw the ground and invoke the name of his holy mario to come save him, but the force of my rear end in a top hat's wind is just too strong and each roll of fat slowly, one by one, disappears into the cavern of my body. he lets out one final wail as the hairs of his foul beard tickle my sphincter and i close, encasing him fully in my cavernous rectum and crushing his body as i contract my organs

blood, piss and poo poo of the movie robert shoots out of my eyes, ears, nose and mouth as i walk away, his body deflating as the liquid compresses out of it. the only consolation for him is that the stench of my anal gas ensures he would lose consciousness quickly

Wow, these Avshalom reregs are going farther and farther back

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Dawgstar posted:

MarzGurl's back on Twitter. The reports came from, unsurprisingly, a parody account of the guy taking over Vic's role on RWBY.

Still shows suspended on my feed.

Also, it's amazing let's play videos haven't been hit more by copyright hits. All it would take is for one shady company to upload a bunch of cutscenes from video games, and every time a let's player shows one, boom, ad revenue stolen !

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

anal vore fanfic

goddamn you i did not consent to be involved in this

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
E
Nevermind saw the replies after that and I don't feel like getting an answer from this weird rear end person.

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 5, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bad Wolf posted:

Still shows suspended on my feed.

Apparently she was locked out of her account, got it back, and then mass false-reported and suspended so that's fun.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently she was locked out of her account, got it back, and then mass false-reported and suspended so that's fun.

it's cool that very normal people have been mad at this random woman who has zero influence on the world for years for the crime of

*checks notes*

talking about how CA was bad, and not liking that an anime man is a sexual predator?????

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Shannon Strucci put out a positive, but still critical review of the first season of The Boys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhDTc1LIuvc

I watched this show pretty recently and agree a lot with this. I want to love it a lot but it keeps crossing the line of needless edge and it makes it super hard to recommend. I hope season 2 nails it better

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

watho posted:

I watched this show pretty recently and agree a lot with this. I want to love it a lot but it keeps crossing the line of needless edge and it makes it super hard to recommend. I hope season 2 nails it better

That's in the source material, though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The comic is far worse so I guess since I've read it the show didn't seem all that try hard edgelord. It does seem the show is doing away with the one interesting aspect of the comic which is a bummer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if anything it actually tones down the edge super hard but yea I can understand not wanting to mess with it.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

sexpig by night posted:

it's cool that very normal people have been mad at this random woman who has zero influence on the world for years for the crime of

*checks notes*

talking about how CA was bad, and not liking that an anime man is a sexual predator?????

The most recent excuse these very normal people are using to go after her is that she started a hashtag to get voice actor Vic Mignogna removed from various cons after multiple allegations of sexual abuse came out against him.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's in the source material, though.

Yeah so? The Godfather book has an entire storyline about how big a character’s dick is and how his girlfriend or wife or whatever has to have corrective surgery in her vagina and he tells the surgeon to make it extra tight. This was omitted in the adaptation because it loving sucks and the movie is way better for it. You don’t have to make an adaptation a 1:1 recreation of the source material.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

watho posted:

Yeah so? The Godfather book has an entire storyline about how big a character’s dick is and how his girlfriend or wife or whatever has to have corrective surgery in her vagina and he tells the surgeon to make it extra tight. This was omitted in the adaptation because it loving sucks and the movie is way better for it. You don’t have to make an adaptation a 1:1 recreation of the source material.

The source material is edgelord bullshit, though. That's the source material. If you cut off all the edgy stuff you wouldn't have anything left. Might as well adapt something else.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

*checks notes*

The odd thing is that most of the reports all came from one weirdo who runs dozens of Twitter sock accounts and it goes through because Twitter Support is a catastrophe.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The source material is edgelord bullshit, though. That's the source material. If you cut off all the edgy stuff you wouldn't have anything left. Might as well adapt something else.

I didn’t say all the edgy stuff should be cut off just that some of it crosses the line of where it isn’t shocking or fun anymore. The airplane rescue scene owns, the landlord sex scene sucks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The airplane scene is way worse in the comic. So it's not 1:1.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah I’ve heard it’s a lot toned down from the comics, just wished it was more so in some places

but I might just be me being sensitive towards sexual violence :shrug:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Groovelord Neato posted:

The airplane scene is way worse in the comic. So it's not 1:1.

The airplane scene in the comics struck me as a really dark farce, while the show was trying to be scary.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

watho posted:

Tbf the comic is one of the most awful things I've ever read. I don't remember anything redemable about it. It's kind of like Scary movie parodying horror movies if Scary Movie was just the cum scene.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

Tbf the comic is one of the most awful things I've ever read. I don't remember anything redemable about it. It's kind of like Scary movie parodying horror movies if Scary Movie was just the cum scene.

The reason Homelander goes nuts in the comic is interesting but like I said it appears the show is doing away with it.

Dr Christmas posted:

The airplane scene in the comics struck me as a really dark farce, while the show was trying to be scary.

You're right I just meant in the violence sense.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Anthony Starr is pulling a lot of weight in that show, but I don't think it's enough to make it good overall.

The comic is generally meh, but with some really good nuggets. Overall it's just Watchmen, but :mediocre:.

The airplane scene in the comics was literally 9-11. It was distasteful, but also probably the highlight of the series and established how shambolic an irl Justice League would be.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The Boys is very much a third tier Garth Ennis comic, but with Preacher already adapted to TV and no hope of rifling through his Punisher comics for ideas in the near future, I guess it's the next best thing. They're certainly not going to be mining Crossed for media adoptions any time soon.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
It's been years since I read the comic so I might be missing something but I'm super surprised that people are being even the tiniest bit nice to what I remember as Watchmen with alzheimers making GBS threads itself while puking and giving a rape blowjob.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Scaramouche posted:

Wow, these Avshalom reregs are going farther and farther back

lmfao

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Was that screed some kind of copy pasta or did they actually write that entire thing out with their own brain?
This thread is awful but it has had some incredible vile moments lately. And yet I keep turning the corners of the box.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Great username/post combo. Also, what the gently caress

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm glad that LORD OF BOOTY is now free, I was about to make a FREE BOOTY post until I saw.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

Watchmen with alzheimers making GBS threads itself while puking and giving a rape blowjob.
This is both simultaneously a metaphorical and literal description of what happens in The Boys.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah I've heard nothing about The Boys that hasn't turned me right off watching it, and it'd usually be up my street. I'll stick to my daffy DC TV shows.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I was going to avoid the Boys since I'd read the comic but it's actually a good show. It's a lot better than most superhero media at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Sarcopenia posted:

It's been years since I read the comic so I might be missing something but I'm super surprised that people are being even the tiniest bit nice to what I remember as Watchmen with alzheimers making GBS threads itself while puking and giving a rape blowjob.

It deals with some really good criticism of corporations and the military industrial complex. It's just that it's layered under a ton of Ennis's "humor" at it's most juvenile and edgy. I think there's still good stuff in there but it's not something I would recommend to anyone without having a really good idea of their tastes and how much of that kind of stuff they can tolerate.

So far the show has stuck with a lot of the same themes that I think ultimately make the comic intersting while cutting out some of the most excessive stuff. I like it.