Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm glad the nuances and realism's being totally consistent. drat, it feels like there'll be a lot more to the story than I expected though. Great stuff.

Their conflict over Eren's decision is good. Though it looks like they'll find a way to avert total destruction before the end. I doubt Armin/Mikasa will do it at Eren's expense though. My guess is they might find a way to get through to him and find a more peaceful solution which will probably include huge self sacrifice on his part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah.

Maaaaan.. still so long since Annie's been out. Would make me laugh if she's the one who kicks Eren's rear end or helps kicks his rear end. I also figure the orginal squad was gonna be conflicted about what Eren did and aren't exactly keen about the genocide plan.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
loving finally

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Isayama remembered woohoooo!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Confused why the Titans inside the walls are still attacking people instead of changing back or following the colossal titans. Shouldn't Eren have control over them? Also still really loving hate Gabi as a character because she's being set up as someone important and seems Mary Sue-ish in capabilities for a child. Doubt it will happen, but seeing her fail or forcibly transformed into a basic Titan will be satisfying. Guess it depends on what way the story will end. And great that Annie exists again, but wtf is she gonna be able to do? I don't recall her Titan having any sort of ability to deal with the situation at hand, and she's not any more strategically capable than Armin.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SpazmasterX posted:

Confused why the Titans inside the walls are still attacking people instead of changing back or following the colossal titans. Shouldn't Eren have control over them? Also still really loving hate Gabi as a character because she's being set up as someone important and seems Mary Sue-ish in capabilities for a child. Doubt it will happen, but seeing her fail or forcibly transformed into a basic Titan will be satisfying. Guess it depends on what way the story will end. And great that Annie exists again, but wtf is she gonna be able to do? I don't recall her Titan having any sort of ability to deal with the situation at hand, and she's not any more strategically capable than Armin.

They dont know either, so I guess it will be revealed later

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

According to Reddit it's been 7 years, 6 months, and 26 days.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It's fairly obvious Eren doesn't have fine control, which is why Reiner and Annie also got caught up in his order to release hardening.

He also might not be able to control Zeke's titans due to still linked to him.

So the question is what are the limits of his power, and why.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I wonder where Zeke and Pieck went. Also Hange and Levi. We got a lot of folks unaccounted for.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Saul Goodman titan?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sub Harrison posted:

Gabi tying her hair back like Eren that time basically guarentees she will be the next Attack Titan.

Nah, we already know Eren is The Last Attack Titan. He's gonna destroy the Titan system and save humanity.

Gabi still deserves to die for what she's done, tho, so there's that to look forward to.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Imagine that one gif of the get out frog going super saiyan 3 but get in, instead, is me at the end of this chapter

Except for the creepy weirdos lusting for child death, you can get out

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Gabi's story has been one of the best in the post-timeskip chapters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's wholly possible that Eren did not even think of using the founding titans power to turn all Titans back to normal.

Also RIP Pixis and Nile.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

private message posted:

Saul Goodman titan?

https://i.imgur.com/WD7yteQ.jpg

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

private message posted:

Saul Goodman titan?

I came here to post that haha. I really hope Reiner survives this whole thing.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

My take was that he was only directly accounting for the Colossals and not the randos that Zeke turned right before he got his head blown up. Eren has godlike powers but it appears he's not literally omnipotent.

Annie doesn't necessarily have to do anything with her powers. She was a character of interest before with a personal relationship with Eren. This mangas done a good job so far of not forcing every single character to have momentous roles in the story, perhaps she'll simply be more flavor to make the story interesting rather than a game changer.

For all we know Eren may still have a soft spot for her and try to hold off from genociding her family.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Still calling it she suffocates in a collapsed tunnel, having amounted to nothing important in the endgame.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe we’ll finally find out who won that spar between Annie and Mikasa.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Fitting that this decade is ending with Annie waking up in a basement.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

iamsosmrt posted:

My take was that he was only directly accounting for the Colossals and not the randos that Zeke turned right before he got his head blown up. Eren has godlike powers but it appears he's not literally omnipotent.

Annie doesn't necessarily have to do anything with her powers. She was a character of interest before with a personal relationship with Eren. This mangas done a good job so far of not forcing every single character to have momentous roles in the story, perhaps she'll simply be more flavor to make the story interesting rather than a game changer.

For all we know Eren may still have a soft spot for her and try to hold off from genociding her family.

Considering the first person we focus on in the chapter is Annie's father, who she promised to get back to whatever the cost, I'd say she still has a part to play in the things to come. Now to wait a month for more. :sigh:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Still calling it she suffocates in a collapsed tunnel, having amounted to nothing important in the endgame.

What is actually wrong with you.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Just don't respond to KC.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Why is KC allowed to post in this thread? Dude is so blatantly trying to get a rise out of people and has done so for like what, over a year at this point.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I've definitely had KC on ignore for a while now and highly recommend others do the same.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

When you spin the wheel and bet it all on (1)23 but it lands on (1)24:

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Gabi has gone from a character I absolutely hate, cuz she got my girl. To me being teary eyed this chapter with her showing up to save the girl that sasha saved. Go Gabi go go go!

Green Tea Erotica fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 6, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah I’ve really come around on Gabi.

I really don’t think she’ll be the next Attack Titan as much as, say, a version of Eren that breaks free from eternal desire of revenge and such. She might be heroic, even.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 6, 2019

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Everyone is devils.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Glad my cheerleading of Gabi is paying off. I'm rooting for you, small PTSD child!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

morcant posted:

Considering the first person we focus on in the chapter is Annie's father, who she promised to get back to whatever the cost, I'd say she still has a part to play in the things to come. Now to wait a month for more. :sigh:

I should clarify, I'm sure she'll have a story arc play out, but it doesn't necessitate her having some shonen style showdown with Eren like the poster I was responding to was implying. There's a lot of characters with strong feelings and emotions right now, so it's hard to predict whether she's going to be more important than any of them or another character for us readers to feel for as this poo poo goes down. Either way, I'm sure a large segment of readers would've been mad if she was never addressed before the story ended.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Yeah I’ve really come around on Gabi.

I really don’t think she’ll be the next Attack Titan as much as, say, a version of Eren that breaks free from eternal desire of revenge and such. She might be heroic, even.

I think something along these lines will happen. Eren's redemption will manifest through her?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

I should clarify, I'm sure she'll have a story arc play out, but it doesn't necessitate her having some shonen style showdown with Eren like the poster I was responding to was implying. There's a lot of characters with strong feelings and emotions right now, so it's hard to predict whether she's going to be more important than any of them or another character for us readers to feel for as this poo poo goes down. Either way, I'm sure a large segment of readers would've been mad if she was never addressed before the story ended.

Oh! Yeah, that makes sense, and I agree. I can be a little dense sometimes, lol. Personally, I can really only see her trying to stop Eren's genocide, but have no idea as to the how.

Raxivace posted:

Yeah I've really come around on Gabi.

I really don't think she'll be the next Attack Titan as much as, say, a version of Eren that breaks free from eternal desire of revenge and such. She might be heroic, even.

iamsosmrt posted:

I think something along these lines will happen. Eren's redemption will manifest through her?

+1 for the Gabi train, and I also like this train of thought a lot.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ditto I turned around on Gabi as well . I wrote off her but seeing how she's aware of how much of a selfish/bad person she is says alot and made me turn around her.. even if she did kill our potato girl.

I realize she is pretty much Eren (well everyone does but I was too busy thinking she was so annoying and selfish instead of focusing on what's making her think the way she wa) but instead of letting the hate fester and take over, she actually wants to end it.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 6, 2019

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
That's a really inaccurate interpretation of Gabi.

Or of Eren, rather.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Conspiratiorist posted:

That's a really inaccurate interpretation of Gabi.

Or of Eren, rather.

Fair. I think it's likely if she had all of his current powers, Paradis would be wiped off the Earth yesterday.

I think it's hard to say whether Eren's truly acting out of hate or out of the most extreme, sociopathic form of pragmatism possible to end all external prejudice against his people. In a lot of ways, it looks like he's divorced himself from a lot of emotions and is sacrificing his humanity more for the sake of his people than for the hatred of everyone else. Of course, this could also be a very generous interpretation.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
It's fitting that when all these long standing characters are active and fighting for their lives Reiner's first instinctual action when The Apocalypse happens is to curl up into a ball in a corner and pass out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still don't like Gabi but I want to see where her story takes her.

Welcome, to my gray area.:getin:

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Gabi is good. I'm sad they didn't blow Yelena's head off because she deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
If someone or something stops the rumbling from coming to fruition (that is, the total annihilation of everyone outside of Paradis), I'm gonna be so fuckin' mad.

Isayama has one chance to end a seinen manga with the protagonist causing a mass genocide and I don't want him to waste it. I want my media to be unexpected, and there's nothing more unexpected than the hero of the story triggering the total eradication of the human population outside a particular demographic. What an upset.

Also I hope my boy Floch survives because he is such a huge rear end in a top hat that for him to escape judgement would be such a twist.