Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue shooting themselves in the dick and coming up short in OT? That never happens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
At the beginning of the year, I did not have the Michigan-Louisville game being more of a monster than the Michigan State-Duke game.

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1201548462120157185?s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dayton and Michigan have to be the biggest risers right

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Michigan is literally the biggest in the history of the poll

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I figured they'd show up somewhere 7-9, but not that high.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Yikes. The 2 losses in Vegas dropped Tech all the way out of the polls.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did this not get posted?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28213901/georgetown-finish-season-james-akinjo-josh-leblanc

quote:

"Georgetown University men's basketball players James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc will not be playing for the men's basketball team effective immediately and will not be members of the team for the remainder of the season, head coach Patrick Ewing announced today," the school said in a statement.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28215164/georgetown-players-face-complaints-burglary-assault-harassment

quote:

Georgetown basketball players Josh LeBlanc and Galen Alexander received restraining orders in November resulting from accusations of harassment and burglary, while freshman Myron Gardner was accused of "sexual harassment and assault," according to one of the filings.

According to court records obtained by ESPN, a Georgetown student filed Nov. 5 for a restraining order against LeBlanc and Alexander.

"In response to an alleged burglary that I believe Joshua LeBlanc committed against me on September 16, 2019, Joshua threatened bodily harm against myself and my roommate," the complaint read. "He continued to threaten me verbally and via text message in the following week."

The restraining order request was granted Nov. 20, after LeBlanc and Alexander did not appear at a Nov. 14 hearing. Both players came off the bench for Georgetown in an 81-66 loss to Penn State that night.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

another Famous Northwestern Victory over the febrile ACC proving once again the superiority of top tier teams like the Wildcats over the ACC's fraud superteams like Boston College.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Louisville beat Michigan 58-43 and I still can't decide if that was a good game or bad game. It was definitely a defensive game and Louisville's Pack Line defense is absolutely no loving joke. That said, Michigan missed a ton of open poo poo and Louisville wasn't exactly sharpshooting either.

It feels like the first three minutes of this MSU-Duke game produced about as many points as 10 minutes of Louisville-Michigan.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Jordan Nwora has taken huge strides forward this year. Who thought it was a good idea to let Louisville get this good again this quick?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Michigan State is bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy poo poo I didn't expect them to be good but Mizzou is just trash.

I mean my loving god:

https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/status/1202059869370667011

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 4, 2019

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
cuonzo quickly throwing himself into the hot seat. impressive work

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't expect them to be good but Mizzou is just trash.

I mean my loving god:

https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/status/1202059869370667011

13th in the sec suddenly seems optimistic

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Vandy and Texas A&M are both really loving bad.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Sparty shouldn’t be ranked

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mike_V posted:

cuonzo quickly throwing himself into the hot seat. impressive work

unfortunately he is basically impossible to fire after this season

their 3 point shooting is garbage and it's very cool a team that was the worst(!) at shooting 3s in all of D1 shot 45(!!!! FORTY FIVE)% on 22 attempts tonight

WOO

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU isn’t really playing like a highly ranked team but also this is a pretty standard start to the season for them.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Duke Athletics Twitter having a normal one (scroll down)
https://twitter.com/DukeBlueDevils

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

C-Euro posted:

Duke Athletics Twitter having a normal one (scroll down)
https://twitter.com/DukeBlueDevils

:pisstape:

Got to think someone is getting fired over this. I'm just amazed it's all still there and hasn't been deleted yet.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
It's a fake account, unfortunately. :(

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Screen shot before it gets taken down:

edit:

Kibner posted:

booo

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

Louisville beat Michigan 58-43 and I still can't decide if that was a good game or bad game. It was definitely a defensive game and Louisville's Pack Line defense is absolutely no loving joke. That said, Michigan missed a ton of open poo poo and Louisville wasn't exactly sharpshooting either.

It feels like the first three minutes of this MSU-Duke game produced about as many points as 10 minutes of Louisville-Michigan.

It felt like a scheduled loss, it’s hard to turn around from 3 games in which you played 2 top 10 teams in another country to going on the road vs the #1 team in the country. Michigan played well on D, but couldn’t get it together.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kibner posted:

I was about to say, I didn't expect Adun to still be a student and a CSPAMmer to boot.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hi just dropping by to say gently caress Duke go Terps

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

im here to say gently caress maryland, but not as unstably as i would've said it 15 years ago for those that might remember

the fake rivalry maryland made up gives me what used to be two games a year to root for duke, but now maryland is big ten country so

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

gently caress Maryland but I will say that being at a Big Ten school is fantastic because they will ship you almost any book from any B10 library in like two days.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

ACC or Big 10, it’s still located in College Park. Absolute shithole of a suburb.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why the gently caress couldn't we do that last year!!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Kyle Guy, De’Andre Hunter, and Ty Jerome, for a start

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Don't bring your logic to my misplaced rage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU is now 9-0.

Weird that we started conference play tonight but still have a few non conference games left

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Haven't been paying attention but, uh, what the gently caress is up with Texas Tech this year?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Weird that we started conference play tonight but still have a few non conference games left

pretty much everyone is doing that now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Haven't been paying attention but, uh, what the gently caress is up with Texas Tech this year?

The Iowa loss was bad but the Creighton and DePaul losses were both in overtime and they have a lot of new faces on that team that probably just haven't figured out how to win those kinds of games yet.

Wait sorry that's too rational. Chris Beard is a fraud!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky and Michigan will play in London next December, followed by a home-and-home the next two years.

There were reports Kentucky was trying to do this, glad they got a good team to play for it.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

I was about to say, I didn't expect Adun to still be a student and a CSPAMmer to boot.

It would be a very impressive registration date on these dead gay forums if I was a college student.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Adun posted:

It would be a very impressive registration date on these dead gay forums if I was a college student.

Like those insufferable parents starting Facebook profiles for their newborns to turn over to them when they got their teens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Boomers: on your 18th birthday behold I've built and maintained your credit by opening a credit card in your name and managing it for years

Millennials: same but facebook