Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

HandlingByJebus posted:

:swoon:

New commuter bitch, amirite?

needs a hot tub in the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Kinda cool "tow" vehicle, and why the US needs modern Utes:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oh man...

https://twitter.com/PierreDdeG/status/1202346334537293824?s=20

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Definitely thought that was a Citroën before I read the tweet.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah it's super Citroeny

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Can I change a tire without a jack?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can I change a tire without a jack?

Sure, just find a tall curb and position the car appropriately.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Rhyno posted:

Sure, just find a tall curb and position the car appropriately.

Twas a Citroen joke.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MetaJew posted:

Kinda cool "tow" vehicle, and why the US needs modern Utes:

Truth. Not every job required a 3-ton pickup truck, just a little more space and height than a wagon/CUV can do.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Darchangel posted:

Truth. Not every job required a 3-ton pickup truck, just a little more space and height than a wagon/CUV can do.

Height? Loading poo poo in a truck that's higher than waist sucks rear end, low and slow is my preferred truck zone

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Suzuki Carry: Great for dead bodies but you better chop 'em up first

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Give that pic a recolor with pink and blue and you've got something pretty vaporwave, the trees in the background are even palms.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

taqueso posted:

Give that pic a recolor with pink and blue and you've got something pretty vaporwave, the trees in the background are even palms.

:confused:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 6, 2019

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KakerMix posted:

Height? Loading poo poo in a truck that's higher than waist sucks rear end, low and slow is my preferred truck zone

KakerMix: noted haver of middle-of-the-road automotive opinions.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Counterpoint: always bring more truck than you think you need.

I still kinda miss my '03 Supercab F-150 V-6 (Sport?!): a good size for most any job with the 6ft bed, surprisingly decent mileage for a 4200lbs truck (I saw 20mpg combined over five year of ownership), plenty of interior room, drives like a big-ish car. Start to really work it, like towing a double-axle trailer, and a lot of that falls apart. A 3.53 gear and 202hp ain't up to much, fine once you get it up to speed it just takes a while to do that.

A half ton is the Goldilocks truck for me :shrug:.

Then again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOINNOCXyys

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

:eyepop:

good teamwork there yall

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I could absolutely use a half-ton pickup, but I actually do truck stuff (currently, with my Crown Vic and a Harbor Freight trailer, so you *could* argue I don’t really need one...)
A four-door shortbed could definitely replace the CV + trailer, and a newish one would probably get better fuel mileage. If I stumble across something decent at a deal like I picked up the Vic, I will get a pickup and sell the cop car. For fun stuff I have my ‘70 Cutlass and ‘79 Mazda RX-7. Or I *will* when either of those is roadworthy again. :negative:

Nice job on the ‘80s retro Carry, y’all.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Good to go onto a YouTube wave mix.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Nice AESTHETIC

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

MrYenko posted:

KakerMix: noted haver of middle-of-the-road automotive opinions.

"moderate" is a bad word now bub

gently caress yeah this owns, I am stealing this for my op thanks

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Speaking of neon and kei trucks a scooter shop in Portland is planning on putting a Hayabusa motor in a neon Daihatsu.

I've watched them load that up with 2 scooters in the bed and one on the roof. They are scooter insanity

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nkdqrqj/

:black101:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
saw this driving around last night:

seent this being posted around this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

:iia:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Boomerjinks?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Please don't invoke that name.

That trailer looks pretty good

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

You Am I posted:

Please don't invoke that name.

That trailer looks pretty good

It doesn't look bad but it's so incredibly formulaic it's infuriating.

Neo-80's aesthetic + neo-80's poster-child Finn Wolfhard + original Ghostbusters nerdbait = $$$$$, and it probably will but god drat

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anything is better than Melissa McCarthy.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Bizzarrini Manta the car of the future, in 1968. What a prediction!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Octopus Magic posted:

Bizzarrini Manta the car of the future, in 1968. What a prediction!

Flip it around and l stretch it vertically 6 feet and it isn't too far off :haw:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

RillAkBea posted:

It doesn't look bad but it's so incredibly formulaic it's infuriating.

Neo-80's aesthetic + neo-80's poster-child Finn Wolfhard + original Ghostbusters nerdbait = $$$$$, and it probably will but god drat

Jason Reitman is directing, so I'm very cautiously optimistic that it will be more than this, but not excited, per se. It has some rather large red flags about it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

Anything is better than Melissa McCarthy.

:emptyquote:

As soon as this one's released, that one will have zero chance of being canon.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Dagen H posted:

:emptyquote:

As soon as this one's released, that one will have zero chance of being canon.

I found a Ghostbusters wiki yesterday, and read through some of it in an effort to figure out where Egon was from, and

Ghostbusters Wiki posted:

There are four canons that have formed. One being based on the first two films and video game, another based off the Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters and related media, as well as one forming based on the reboot 2016 film. While there are three clear paths, IDW comic series has formed its own canon which ties most elements from other canons via multiple dimensions.

I'm guessing the video game the first canon mentions is the 2009 game, which was actually pretty solid from both a gameplay and story perspective. Makes me sad that my 360 no longer works, that's a game I wouldn't mind replaying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

boxen posted:

I'm guessing the video game the first canon mentions is the 2009 game, which was actually pretty solid from both a gameplay and story perspective. Makes me sad that my 360 no longer works, that's a game I wouldn't mind replaying.

A remaster for current gen came out this year. It's like $25.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

boxen posted:

I found a Ghostbusters wiki yesterday, and read through some of it in an effort to figure out where Egon was from, and

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Fun interacting with Vigo's painting in the firehouse.
"I dreamt I was in a painting with ponies. It was nice."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZ5FnohyyI

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

xzzy posted:

Yeah, after I posted that I looked it up. It's available on the Windows store (or whatever it's called) for Xbox One/Windows 10 for $30. The reviews I saw for it (or maybe an old PC port) were generally good, one mentioned DRM weirdness (probably not an issue if I get the version from the windows store), and no multiplayer (I never played multiplayer in the old one even). $30 is tempting, I might have to pick it up after New Year's.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Posting this in here because it's mad and still better than the vast majority of the current BMW lineup in terms of looks.

https://twitter.com/1988bmw520i/status/1205070143174275072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

xzzy posted:

It's not on Steam nor on GOG, unfortunately :-(