Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

R3Make as a The Evil Within 2 style open world with a Dead Rising timer would rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Resident Evil 2-2, Raccoon City In 2020 is secretly a shoggoth ruins of G-virus adapted plant life over growing the nuclear rubble, said nuke having only left Birkin in long stasis to slowly become the city’s new ecosystem

Something has gone wrong because some corporation is being a fuckwit, or maybe they think G’ing the environment will save it from climate change

An aged veteran cast of all the RE 1+2+3 survivors must return to work together in an open city/meat forest, facing extremely advanced biological evils, as well as corporation soldiers there to research and profit.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1202654210086637569?s=21

So I wonder when they're actually gonna announce this thing if not at TGAs?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Black August posted:

An aged veteran cast of all the RE 1+2+3 survivors must return to work together in an open city/meat forest, facing extremely advanced biological evils, as well as corporation soldiers there to research and profit.
I conceptually like the idea of a game set in the bioterrorist-ridden ruins of Raccoon City (maybe the Syndicate could be mining it for BOW ideas or something) but this sounds kind of like the sort of "all-star game featuring all your favourite characters from [series]" type marketing-mandated gimmick cast that only ever ends in a complete disaster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

They're gonna run a competing stream same time. Monday night Wars

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Policenaut posted:

drat. Hype deflated.

Are we due for a Sony state of play soon? I think the last one was in September. I could see a reveal trailer showing up there

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
"Because the game we are showing is Resident Evil 4"

:woop:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

"Because the game we are showing is Resident Evil 4"

:woop:

"Have you changed anything about it?"

"No."

"Okay, take my money. Again."

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Policenaut posted:

They might just do it on their own. RE is a sufficiently big brand that they don't necessarily need to piggyback the announcement off of another major event.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're holding off on their official debut until after they see what's at the TGAs. Given next year's schedule, it's going to be more crucial than usual to find a clean release window.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Bring back Ark Thompson and his yaoi hands.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't think the world could handle the return of Ark Thompson.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Bruce McGivern's time to shine has finally come.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

GUI posted:

Bring back Ark Thompson and his yaoi hands.

Crowetron posted:

Bruce McGivern's time to shine has finally come.

The team-up we need.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Keith "Grinder" Lumley and Quint "Jackass" Cetcham must return.

Alternatively, team up Parker and Raymond's hair.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

gently caress it, just make a whole Avengers-esque team of forgotten B-team playable characters.

Rebecca can be their leader I guess.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Policenaut posted:

Jump Fiesta is end of December and capcom has two "mystery" games that will be playable at it.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Raxivace posted:

gently caress it, just make a whole Avengers-esque team of forgotten B-team playable characters.

Genuinely a good idea.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

my grandchildren's only memory of me will be my constant moaning for a Jill/Leon mainline game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Raxivace posted:

Hommando posted:

Genuinely a good idea.
This was going to be an :emptyquote: but then I saw:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

my grandchildren's only memory of me will be my constant moaning for a Jill/Leon mainline game.
Man, back when CV saw Chris & Claire in the same game I thought "well surely that means Leon & Jill for the next entry, right? Right?"

Closest we've got to that almost 20 years later is merely Revelations 2 Raid Mode.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Exploring Racoon post-nuke could be a good way to bring Billy back. Where was he when the nuke fell? Has he just been subsisting in the Arklay area this whole time?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

billy got eaten by dogs about 3 seconds after he walked into the forest

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Aces High posted:

Exploring Racoon post-nuke could be a good way to bring Billy back. Where was he when the nuke fell? Has he just been subsisting in the Arklay area this whole time?
He became the mountain man version of Joe Baker.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Billy's already dead. He was the truck driver in RE2. New name, new identity, new waistline.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Apparently another mystery RE2 DLC package popped up on SteamDB :crossarms:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
theres a state of play rumour going around or some other event, one of the other big resetera hinted at it on twitter, might be shown before tga. we're getting it soon friends, count it on.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Convex posted:

Apparently another mystery RE2 DLC package popped up on SteamDB :crossarms:

nah, its the two unknown dlcs, they've been there since launch, they just never updated it. the new achievement is gotta be hinting at something tho.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

nah, its the two unknown dlcs, they've been there since launch, they just never updated it. the new achievement is gotta be hinting at something tho.

Oh. That's what I get for reading resetera for RE news I guess :(

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Convex posted:

Oh. That's what I get for reading resetera for RE news I guess :(

nah, thats the only thing they are good for. just sometimes they get too excited and forget some poo poo. i bet its dlc ready to release now tho and i bet thats at the tga, like botw one was. starting to lean more toward the state of play showing before thursday for re3 tho. gonna be a tough week.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Capcom is pissed and is holding the game for a year to punish us all.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Resident Evil - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is an awesome idea and I think people would be more into that premise as a multiplayer game than Resistance or whatever the hell Umbrella Corps was.

Alas, just like Resident Evil - XCOM starring the BSAA responding to bioterror threats around the world, it'll never happen.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1202936041113604096

Seems like a good place for a reveal trailer...

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Resident Evil - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is an awesome idea and I think people would be more into that premise as a multiplayer game than Resistance or whatever the hell Umbrella Corps was.

Alas, just like Resident Evil - XCOM starring the BSAA responding to bioterror threats around the world, it'll never happen.

I really want a Sim City 2000 type game where you, corrupt mayor of Raccoon City, have to build a working metropolis around a number of secret underground biolabs and transport facilities without alerting the authorities (i.e. covering up virus outbreaks etc.) or letting down your sinister overlords in Umbrella Corporation (who will unleash a tyrant to take you out if you don't keep up with their development requests)

Edit: possible DLC could allow you to design gothic mansions and water treatment facilities to withstand S.T.A.R.S. infiltration by implementing absurdly complex security measures involving reordering bookshelves, playing sonatas and redirecting electrical currents

Convex fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 6, 2019

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

yeah this is it. lets go!

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now let’s cross our fingers for demo and spring release date.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You wouldn't say that if you'd ever watched one

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Convex posted:

I really want a Sim City 2000 type game where you, corrupt mayor of Raccoon City, have to build a working metropolis around a number of secret underground biolabs and transport facilities without alerting the authorities (i.e. covering up virus outbreaks etc.) or letting down your sinister overlords in Umbrella Corporation (who will unleash a tyrant to take you out if you don't keep up with their development requests)

Edit: possible DLC could allow you to design gothic mansions and water treatment facilities to withstand S.T.A.R.S. infiltration by implementing absurdly complex security measures involving reordering bookshelves, playing sonatas and redirecting electrical currents

You just want Evil Genius but with a bit more Sim City.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I’m still waiting for the day that some indie and/or kickstarter effort makes Evil Genius but like, a little bit better. It’s such a compelling idea and a stylish game but the systems are just a little too rough, and it likes to crash.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
There's an Evil Genius 2 in development right now.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

David D. Davidson posted:

There's an Evil Genius 2 in development right now.

What a pleasant surprise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kibayasu posted:

"Have you changed anything about it?"

"You can move while aiming.”

*announcer is knocked unconscious by a storm of wallets to the face*