Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Usually this game runs great, but every once in a while (usually about this time of night) I'll start getting connection issues. Sometimes a one-off hiccup, sometimes it'll hang for a minute and then reconnect only to do the same two clicks later. Googling I didn't see any complaints about this recently, is it a known issue or my phone being weird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Usually this game runs great, but every once in a while (usually about this time of night) I'll start getting connection issues. Sometimes a one-off hiccup, sometimes it'll hang for a minute and then reconnect only to do the same two clicks later. Googling I didn't see any complaints about this recently, is it a known issue or my phone being weird?

That is unusual. Their servers (or network) were poo poo at one point, and basically every new banner/patch was a lagfest, but it's been fantastic for the last few months.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kalas posted:

That is unusual. Their servers (or network) were poo poo at one point, and basically every new banner/patch was a lagfest, but it's been fantastic for the last few months.

Hmm, at least that narrows it down. Maybe it's an Adguard conflict, I'll try playing around with settings. These sorts of sporadic glitches are frustrating because it's never "fixed" just "hasn't happened again yet".

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if its just a one off problem i have it too, sometimes the game just hangs on loading and it basically triples farming time

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

if its just a one off problem i have it too, sometimes the game just hangs on loading and it basically triples farming time

Are you guys on iOS/android or android emulator? It's been silky smooth on iOS for a very long time for me.
I used to use emulators before I stopped trusting any of them , and I noticed that there was a difference in performance (both graphics and connection) between even a maxed out setting emulator and my phone.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am running on ios. for whatever reason this game and swgoh have spinning circle loading problems for me sometimes

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Android for me.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I saw this thread and instaled E7 to give it a go. It's very pretty but there's so many knobs and sliders etc to it that it constantly feels like it's showing me new stuff days after starting. I got garbage from the selection gacha but the thought of repeating everything up to there in order to reroll was way too unappetizing. I manage with what I have or not.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Talk to me about team composition. I'm lucky enough to have gotten Ravi and Violet who both seem excellent. Besides them I'm running Mercedes and Montmorancy. Mont clearly has legs for growth into Angelic but Mercedes feels like she's starting to taper off. It doesn't seem worth it to upgrade her to 5 stars. Who should I be looking at for a replacement? My other 4 star characters currently are Cidd, Corvus, and Dominiel. Cidd is clearly excellent but is him, Ravi, and Violet overkill? Should I be looking for an AoE source instead? How should I be looking at developing?

I've been playing about a week or so, and my main party is straddling level 40. I'm in Chapter 6.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

There is no special comp really, you mainly just need enough damage to kill and enough healing / debuff remove to survive. Having AOE is nice especially for farming PVE if you have someone strong enough to oneshot waves, but anything can work. Mercedes as a free unit isn't especially powerful so definitely stop with her. Ravi + Violet are both pretty bruiser-y characters designed to survive + counterattack more than being mega damage dealers. You could use someone with defense break to enable the team to kill better but of the people listed I might suggest trying Corvus, he's a tanky fucker more focused on disrupting the enemy. But really anything can work until you get into endgame hunts/labyrinths and PVP

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I'd suggest using Lena if you pulled her. She's a 3* and very good

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I ended up 6* Vildred, giving him the attack set from Adventurer's Path, enhancing it all, then giving him a Dust Devil (don't have Wind Rider yet) and I like him now. Thank you all for the suggestions. My current comp is Vildred, Vivian, A. Mont & Axe God (dropped Ravi) while I work on a W11 team. So far it's A. Mont, Alexa, Furious and Karin, but I'm working on getting Crozet from connections.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Once I've got a unit up to SSS is there any use for further dupes aside from fodder? I got some sort of RNG bubble and got 5 Kluri in 10 pulls.

Also, are the unit-specific enhancements on some sort of cycle or does the shop have all there are in the game so far? Not sure if I should keep pulling for optimal on the one I've got or sit on my points for other units.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Once I've got a unit up to SSS is there any use for further dupes aside from fodder? I got some sort of RNG bubble and got 5 Kluri in 10 pulls.

Also, are the unit-specific enhancements on some sort of cycle or does the shop have all there are in the game so far? Not sure if I should keep pulling for optimal on the one I've got or sit on my points for other units.

There's really not a point to keep more dupes of 3*'s once you get a SSS. I use my spares for evolving 3* dogs.
I'd keep some spares of 4* though, as if you get the moonlight version you will definitely want to SSS that in most cases. If you have a total glut of dupe 4* and a SSS version already done, you can bring a 2nd 4* unit to SS and let it sit there for the moonlight version. Feeding that SS to the moonlight will bring it straight to SSS. (You can also keep a few extra for easier evolution materials, it comes down to how much space is a premium for you)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kalas posted:

There's really not a point to keep more dupes of 3*'s once you get a SSS. I use my spares for evolving 3* dogs.
I'd keep some spares of 4* though, as if you get the moonlight version you will definitely want to SSS that in most cases. If you have a total glut of dupe 4* and a SSS version already done, you can bring a 2nd 4* unit to SS and let it sit there for the moonlight version. Feeding that SS to the moonlight will bring it straight to SSS. (You can also keep a few extra for easier evolution materials, it comes down to how much space is a premium for you)

I didn't know they could evolve their moonlight versions. Thanks.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I didn't know they could evolve their moonlight versions. Thanks.

ML and regular versions can imprint each other. And though they have different names, Destina and Ruele are the same unit for imprint purposes (which makes sense for story reasons).

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
Use your 3* dupes to upgrade to SSS a second and third time. There is an achievement which rewards bookmarks, until you’ve completed all stages, don’t waste 3*’s on dogs.

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Use your 3* dupes to upgrade to SSS a second and third time. There is an achievement which rewards bookmarks, until you’ve completed all stages, don’t waste 3*’s on dogs.

Actually took me a whole minute to get that you could get credit for the quest multiple times with a single character. Now I at least have something to do with all the extra Hurados the game gives me.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Another fun one is if you get a Celestial Mercedes, it's a free SSS because of the shards you get doing hard mode cracks in the world. Speaking of:

Did this today. Always liked this character but other ones had to be prioritized. But now, IT'S TIME.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Novasol posted:

Another fun one is if you get a Celestial Mercedes, it's a free SSS because of the shards you get doing hard mode cracks in the world. Speaking of:
Did this today. Always liked this character but other ones had to be prioritized. But now, IT'S TIME.

I have run into C.Mercs in arena that outright vaporized my team. She takes gearing to be good, but can do an absurd amount of AE. Usually paired with a C.Dom or other offensive buffer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Novasol posted:

Are you assuming those fragments aren't already in normal Mercedes, or is there a way to get more than the 3+3?

Granted, if you pull CM I doubt you'll feel bad about feeding her the regular one, but just checking.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, you don't use World Fragments on normal Merc.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Are you assuming those fragments aren't already in normal Mercedes, or is there a way to get more than the 3+3?

Granted, if you pull CM I doubt you'll feel bad about feeding her the regular one, but just checking.

You can't feed Mercedes away, she's protected like Ras.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So for Wyvern 11, I was putting together a team of A. Mont (don't have a better healer yet), Karin, Taranor Guard and Furious. However I just pulled Clarissa, so I was wondering if it might be worth swapping Karin for Clarissa?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am pretty sure alexa is actually better than both of them for a w11 team

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

rabidsquid posted:

Yep, since she's the ultimate Daydream Joker delivery vehicle. Furious also dramatically reduces her gearing requirements.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

also, there is no better healer than amont. I know I said this already about angelica and got a weird gloating response back but I doubt amont can solo heal/tank wyv11 in newbie gear.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rabidsquid posted:

Roger. Well my team of Alexa, A. Mont. Taranor Guard and Furious just autoed W7 and almost W8, which is a new milestone, so I'll focus on them for the next little while with the aim of hitting up W11.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

alexa doesn't have to be 6* but your tank and healer definitely have to be. i think furious is okay at 5

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wyvern is a bit weird because a team that can auto 11 might actually not be able to beat 10 or even 9. Those fights the wyvern will attack characters at random but does MUCH less damage with a few debuffs on him. Wyvern 11 can't have its damage reduced much but will only attack the front character. Just FYI.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Is this game real stingy on summons or am I missing something? I got a team to L30, awkened a bit but bookmarks to summon with seem really scarce compared to other games where they chuck summon mats at you in the beginning.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Is this game real stingy on summons or am I missing something? I got a team to L30, awkened a bit but bookmarks to summon with seem really scarce compared to other games where they chuck summon mats at you in the beginning.

As you get deeper in the game and more resources are available, you'll get more bookmarks.
Without spending money you can usually hit 2 banner units a month, though that requires sacrificing most of your gold for buying bookmarks from black market refreshes.

Many of us maintain a pile of bookmarks and pull on covenant randomly if the game goes without putting in a neat new unit or fails to rerun a unit we missed earlier.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yeah, I've spent $10 on the game ever and have been able to get every new (non-moonlight) hero and several old 5* heroes over the past 4 or 5 months. I'm also sitting on something like 21k skystones and 700 covenant bookmarks. Arena in particular gives a ton of skystones, I'm at 4000 rating so I get 600 a week, and there's virtually nothing I need to do to maintain that. I don't do random covenant pulls aside from the free daily though, the odds of getting something I want are way too slim for me.

I think that's part of why a lot of the long term playerbase is getting kind of disgruntled. They're sitting on a huge pile of resources but the only new content (pet system, gear conversion) feels like such a massive and unrewarding grind that it still doesn't seem worth engaging with.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 8, 2019

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rabidsquid posted:

alexa doesn't have to be 6* but your tank and healer definitely have to be. i think furious is okay at 5

Well, I was planning on A. Mont as tank/healer and then 3DPS, which according to some Wyvern guides I've read will work. Were they wrong? Taranor Guard (with skills turned off so he spams S1) and Furious for def break + crit aura, Alexa to bring the business, A. Mont to take the pain (my A. Mont is like +10 ATM, with nearly maxed out skill tree). She's got 14k HP, 1.5k Defense, only like 57% ER though, still working towards 100%.

Yolomancer fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 8, 2019

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you need crazy gear for your healer to also tank for w11 as far as i understand it

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm thinking I need to get a slightly more filled out roster rather than only gearing up my Wyvern team. Other than a team of each of red/blue/green for the respective hunts, dog-walking/levelling and a weak-rear end PVP team (currently just my blue team tbh), is there any other type of team I should be trying to build out eventually?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Question Mark Mound posted:

I'm thinking I need to get a slightly more filled out roster rather than only gearing up my Wyvern team. Other than a team of each of red/blue/green for the respective hunts, dog-walking/levelling and a weak-rear end PVP team (currently just my blue team tbh), is there any other type of team I should be trying to build out eventually?

I'm in the same boat and currently building a Banshee 11 team for destruction and resist sets.

Evil Creature
Jul 25, 2007
A morale team for raids is also a good project.

And the best part is that you can get some good compositions with 3*.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Soooo.... I just dumped a bunch of low level resources into leveling a character up to 40, getting equipment ready to put her on my main team, etc.

I was looking at Lena on the tier list. But the character I spent a bunch of stuff on was Jena.

Well poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Funktor posted:

Soooo.... I just dumped a bunch of low level resources into leveling a character up to 40, getting equipment ready to put her on my main team, etc.

I was looking at Lena on the tier list. But the character I spent a bunch of stuff on was Jena.

Well poo poo.

Someday Jena will get a spec. change and you will be ahead of everyone.