Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

pmchem posted:

Breton, Klad, or Cirollo?

I did a lot of research on horses around the internet before deciding which one to buy. What I found are roughly 4 broad metrics besides the obvious health and stamina (which you can easily see on the purchase screen): Speed, Acceleration, Bravery for gunfights, and Bravery for wild animals. What I found:

Breton - Average speed and acceleration for an end-game horse, great bravery in gunfights, ok-to-good bravery around wild animals.

Klad - Average speed, good-to-great acceleration (only horse with a higher acceleration than speed stat), good bravery around gunfights, great bravery around wild animals (possibly best of all horses).

Criollo - Fastest horse, high top speed, good acceleration, ok-to-good bravery around both gunfights and wild animals (it's subjective and seemed to vary).

Again a lot of that's subjective but it makes sense. Collector is the fastest for zooming around the map, bounty hunter needs to be great in a gunfight, and trader needs a brave horse for hunting.

Personally, 90% of my PvE deaths can be linked to wild animals (cougars mainly). And most of those involve getting thrown from my horse, so I went with the Kladruber. I love it so far, I took him Grizzly hunting and he was rock-solid even when the bear was charging at me, and that's only at level 3/4 bonding. He's also good in a gunfight, I don't see him tossing me unless I just sit still and let him get shot repeatedly. He's also the only horse that maxes both health and stamina iirc so he has that going for him too.

Edit: This lady does awesome, succinct overviews of horses. Check these out:

Kladruber: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_4MuzXFrVs

Breton: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OcVxw1MOO3Y

Criollo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ws86N21Xndg

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
For the folks asking about the Discord, here it is for PC: https://discord.gg/HBgmBeJ

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
I was thinking about getting the PC version, but I don't feel like dicking around with my device driver settings. Were the glitches resolved or is it still a buggy mess on PC?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Oyak posted:

I was thinking about getting the PC version, but I don't feel like dicking around with my device driver settings. Were the glitches resolved or is it still a buggy mess on PC?

It's fine now.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I got my Kladruber up to Bond 4 and I can confirm, if you want a horse that's not likely to buck you get one of these. He literally did donuts over a rattlesnake and didn't throw me even when it bit at him. Then he ran it over and killed it like a loving baller

I was also chasing that snake for a good 30-40 seconds before that and he only hesitated once or twice. A gentle pat and he was good to go, no hint of tossing me. This was right after he helped me win a Hunting Kills challenge and rode right up on a rare spawn wolf like a boss.

Edit: He faced a charging grizzly bear and he didn't even flinch!

WHO'S A GOOD, BRAVE BOAH

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 7, 2019

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Wow. 107gb download on steam then it still makes me download rockstars own launcher and then it just loving won’t work.

What else is there to do besides updating your drivers and your bios?

Affi fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 7, 2019

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
There's a few outdated guides on horse selection for Red Dead Online, but I'm a very numbers based person, so I made a strawpoll to see what people's favorite horse breeds are so I can decide what to purchase. You can select multiple breeds: https://www.strawpoll.me/19050745 My guess is the top three will be some combination of Turkoman, Arabian, and Missouri Fox Trotter, but we'll see.

nipperi
Nov 1, 2011

Affi posted:

Wow. 107gb download on steam then it still makes me download rockstars own launcher and then it just loving won’t work.

Try to unplug your controller before launching the game, that seems to work for many who are having issues with steam.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Affi posted:

Run steam as admin as well. There's something dumb going on with how steam transfers the license to the rockstar social club the first time you launch the game. Unplugging your controller and running steam as admin has worked for some people.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Get a warhorse. I have a perlino and he's great. Level 4 bond is max health and nearly max endurance

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Love to lose an entire shipment of goods as the game loads in your and Cripps' lowest LOD models standing around whittling forever in their perfectly square hats.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

nipperi posted:

Try to unplug your controller before launching the game, that seems to work for many who are having issues with steam.

Would that include my keyboard and mouse? Or just if I’d had a Xbox like controller?

edit; Finally made it work. lovely loving practices to release a game that just won't work.

Used some guide that had like 20 different ways of trying to fix it and just went down the big ol' list until it started working.

Apparently my issue was I needed to install the optional graphics tool in win10. Or at least it started working once it was installed.

Affi fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 7, 2019

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What’s the current status on camps bugging out and wildlife not spawning?

Still hosed?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Camp is def still hosed idk about the other bug

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Captain Beans posted:

What’s the current status on camps bugging out and wildlife not spawning?

Still hosed?

Ive seen people complain about wildlife all the time but it must be a console thing because the vast majority of my time in RDO was spent hunting and I Didn't notice anything off.

Camp is still hosed

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lack of wildlife is definitely a console-only bug because RDO on PC is full of animals to kill or be killed by

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

lack of wildlife is definitely a console-only bug because RDO on PC is full of animals to kill or be killed by

Yeah it honestly completely blew me away playing yesterday seeing huge packs of multiple 3 star deer everywhere again. I was used to it being a complete wasteland on console

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pitching camp is still hosed on pc though

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
So my daily challenge streak is now at 29/28 days, apparently not completed.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What's everyone's favorite Repeater?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

pmchem posted:

Lancaster looks the part and is reliable in its recoil. I try to change it up with the others though.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Are collectibles on Red Dead Online sessions per player or is there only 1 collectible for each collection for the entire session? I'm using the RDO collection map with the corresponding videos, but none of them seem to be spawning.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Lancaster. The Evans has a great sound but it's not very good and just chews through ammo.

The repeating shotgun is also fun and should count :v:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Mux posted:

Are collectibles on Red Dead Online sessions per player or is there only 1 collectible for each collection for the entire session? I'm using the RDO collection map with the corresponding videos, but none of them seem to be spawning.

It's definitely per player. You can do it as a group.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Holy hell I just duo'd a Trade Route event with another pubbie (we had a 3rd that died halfway to the first station). I got 59 kills and he got 81; wore my Lemats nearly all the way down from full. That was sweaty as gently caress but a lot of fun.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 7, 2019

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's definitely per player. You can do it as a group.

I'm guessing it's just a bug then. Thanks for at least confirming that it's per player otherwise I would be losing my mind running halfway across the map wondering why my precious egg isn't there. :smith:

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Mux posted:

I'm guessing it's just a bug then. Thanks for at least confirming that it's per player otherwise I would be losing my mind running halfway across the map wondering why my precious egg isn't there. :smith:

Eggs are finicky as gently caress, and sometimes refuse to spawn. Other times they spawn but are basically impossible to knock out of the tree (I've had this issue with hawk and egret eggs.) I collected the full set once, and then never again.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Mux posted:

It may seem silly to ask but are you actually on the correct spawn cycle? Check the settings for the page and make sure you're on Cycle 1.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Scherloch posted:

Eggs are finicky as gently caress, and sometimes refuse to spawn. Other times they spawn but are basically impossible to knock out of the tree (I've had this issue with hawk and egret eggs.) I collected the full set once, and then never again.

welp

Transmogrifier posted:

It may seem silly to ask but are you actually on the correct spawn cycle? Check the settings for the page and make sure you're on Cycle 1.

Yeah, I'm looking at a Cycle 1 map. It looks like the RDO collection map I'm using (Jeans') auto updates the spawns depending on what cycle it is.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Game runs fine at a beautiful 1440p 40-50 fps. Saw a guy lose his horse and I accidentally ran him down and got shot at by the law.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Mux posted:

Yeah, I'm looking at a Cycle 1 map. It looks like the RDO collection map I'm using (Jeans') auto updates the spawns depending on what cycle it is.

Yeah it generally does but wanted to be sure. You never know.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Mux posted:

Keep in mind that it doesn't update by default, so if you opened it before the last reset, and the tab/browser has been open since, you'll have to refresh to get it to update.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Is it just me or does Arthur control like fried poo poo?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hakarne posted:

Holy hell I just duo'd a Trade Route event with another pubbie (we had a 3rd that died halfway to the first station). I got 59 kills and he got 81; wore my Lemats nearly all the way down from full. That was sweaty as gently caress but a lot of fun.

Trade Route is a lot of fun and I hope it's a taste of things to come. Give us more co-op PvE events! Yee y'all!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any tips for Trader? It's such a grind. I've been holding off on the medium wagon, because it feels bad enough already when I lose a shipment to a disconnect or loading bug or the horse panics onto a rock and gets the wagon stuck.

pmchem posted:

Thirding Lancaster. I went back to it after buying the Litchfield. The extra damage was nice, but the range and accuracy was too big a trade-off.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

SplitSoul posted:

Any tips for Trader? It's such a grind. I've been holding off on the medium wagon, because it feels bad enough already when I lose a shipment to a disconnect or loading bug or the horse panics onto a rock and gets the wagon stuck.

Thirding Lancaster. I went back to it after buying the Litchfield. The extra damage was nice, but the range and accuracy was too big a trade-off.

I leveled it up buy just running close shipments with 1 good. I also did most of mine at the tall trees campsite, trying for the one near the river in the south. This made the runs a clear shot to Blackwater docks. Also turned in everything to cripps, as each part gives 5 xp, and doing the dailies as they each give 200xp. The supplies runs are good as they give 600xp. I only really bought all of the stuff after I was level 20.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Litchfield all the way. Just be better at aiming and it's not a problem. :smuggo:

But really they are both good. Meaning Litchfield and Lancaster.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Dameius posted:

Litchfield all the way. Just be better at aiming and it's not a problem. :smuggo:

But really they are both good. Meaning Litchfield and Lancaster.

And when you do get good at aiming use the Springfield instead cos you won't need to shoot more than once :smug: :smuggo:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Slightly related the Rolling Rock rifle with extended scope can kill people from very very extremely far away. I was on a ridge looking for animals so i had a great view. i saw a horse galloping way way off real fast, too fast for an npc and too far to appear on my map. i didnt think itd work but i led the shot a bit and boom! Sleekly killed Whoeveritwas.

Nothing they could have done to avoid it and we were both blue and he wasn't on my radar so for them it would have been galloping galloping galloping dead.

If you can see something in the glass you can hit it, even if that thing is almost on the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The rolling block just makes me hope we get the buffalo rifle back, give me a giant boomy single shot rifle with irons.