Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

What's the one with giant robots n poo poo

Power Rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Edit: Wrong thread!

Uhh, the only anime I've ever seen that was halfway decent was One Punch Man, and even that seemed like more of a parody

oh dope fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 5, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hah you've all fallen for my trap, your names will be forever added to the anime wall of shame

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Edit I am bad at posting

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Isn't the BBC pretty much controlled by the conservative party aka paedophiles now?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Fleetwood Crack posted:

New Blade Runner anime looks promising.

gently caress :bisonyes:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Redline is pretty good, I'd be willing to file it under "Honorary Not Anime"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Cancer posted:

Valvrave the Liberator, a show that has giant robots but definitely does not include literal rape*

(*actually it does, anime is trash)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Big Bountiful Cocks

Bouncing Brown Cow

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

the shinchan dub was ok

yes

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
BBC is playing the part of the orchestra on Titanic here, urging people to stay calm and watch anime as their nation sinks into the sea.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Awesome.

Also, can anyone recommend any good "slice of life" anime? The genre came up in that thread about the anime studio fire, and I was curious if that specific type of anime was for weirdos. I mean, above and beyond weirdos who are into normal anime.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Rick n morty is ok but haven't seen any other anime besides that one.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

serious norman posted:

Hardcore

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rad-daddio posted:

Awesome.

Also, can anyone recommend any good "slice of life" anime? The genre came up in that thread about the anime studio fire, and I was curious if that specific type of anime was for weirdos. I mean, above and beyond weirdos who are into normal anime.

I haven't actually watched a whole episode of Nichijou but I've seen the scene where the school principal suplexes a deer so I can only imagine the rest of the show is the same level of quality.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rad-daddio posted:

Awesome.

Try F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
Sailor Moon is a good japanimation.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

SubnormalityStairs posted:

Valvrave the Liberator, a show that has giant robots but definitely does not include literal rape*

(*actually it does, anime is trash)

You could have just said 08th MS Team or Big O or something and not outed yourself.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

Awesome.

cromartie high school

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

naoki urasawa

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
20th Century, Boys.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

free hubcaps posted:

cromartie high school

I love when they get lost in the suicide forest like a buncha dumbfucks.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Nastyman posted:

Redline in 4k is like, the most insane animation I've ever seen. Love the end where they race on the muderous cyborg planet just piss the leader of the muderous cyborgs

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

serious norman posted:

#1 Slice of Life Anime

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It could be argued that Rick and Morty is an Isekai.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

free hubcaps posted:

can someone link that thread where the larper tried to get Jose demodded for liking anime, i think that is my favorite forums anime moment

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Pedophiles everywhere rejoice

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Nastyman posted:

I feel for this once. For redline specifically. And then after 30min there's some anime topless woman and its as dumb as every anime and the art goes meh

Cowboy bebop is the only kinda not anime, as the music is so integral, and the blue mural/song is not really like anything else in film. And still that show has a lot of anime.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Cowboy Bebop totally ripped off Firefly

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I never got the weird Goon hatred for anime. Especially since we're in Star Wars/Warhams/etc. glass houses. It's just cartoons man, don't worry about it.

The only reason there seems to be more crap anime is simply because there's so drat much of it. They don't really do reruns and stuff the way we do in America, they just keep making more and more

Anyway Cromartie High is the best

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Cowboy Bebop totally ripped off Firefly

Blood from my nose.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I feel for this once. For redline specifically. And then after 30min there's some anime topless woman and its as dumb as every anime and the art goes meh

Cowboy bebop is the only kinda not anime, as the music is so integral, and the blue mural/song is not really like anything else in film. And still that show has a lot of anime.

How are you always so wrong every time you post, jesus christ

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I mean, I would say I both like anime and loving hate it. Because it's so hard to escape the tropes. Even Full Metal Alchemist, a story dripping with potential, has these horrible cringey moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GbLPZY-6Q

Remember, this is an anime about sacrifice and genocide. Ugh.

And I tried an episode of Kinos Journey a while ago and thought it was ok, but even then the character can talk to their motorcycle. Like, was that really necessary? It turns what could be a very serious show into what is essentially Knight Rider but up its own butt.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Miserable Maid posted:

I never got the weird Goon hatred for anime. Especially since we're in Star Wars/Warhams/etc. glass houses. It's just cartoons man, don't worry about it.

You gotta be a fan to make fun of it in the first place.

Thems the rules.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Miserable Maid posted:

I never got the weird Goon hatred for anime. Especially since we're in Star Wars/Warhams/

Excuse me. I also really hate Warhammer. I mean a lot.

Goddamn embarrassing-rear end, derivative bullshit. It's the dumpster in the alley that sits between sci-fi and fantasy. They just take the old, used up trash out and play with it. You can still see all the name brands because they didn't even bother to paint over them. Even Warcraft, the Warhammer ripoff, changed some things. Not the original-brand Warhams, though, no sir. Can't even be bothered to make up their own chaos symbol. There's your Heinleins, and your Asimov's Foundation, and your Alien, and you can bet your rear end there's Moorcock. They just threw it all in one pot and started eating it. And then they forgot it started as some kind of parody and all the fascism was supposed to be Bad and Grim and Sad.

And they just won't shut up about how awesome they think it is.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

And yet somehow it's not quite as bad as anime.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

PinheadSlim posted:

I mean, I would say I both like anime and loving hate it. Because it's so hard to escape the tropes. Even Full Metal Alchemist, a story dripping with potential, has these horrible cringey moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GbLPZY-6Q

Remember, this is an anime about sacrifice and genocide. Ugh.

And I tried an episode of Kinos Journey a while ago and thought it was ok, but even then the character can talk to their motorcycle. Like, was that really necessary? It turns what could be a very serious show into what is essentially Knight Rider but up its own butt.

Eh Kinos journey isn't completely bad but it's definitely up its own butt a lot. It's le petit prince but with talking motorcycle if only to avoid having no dialogue whatsoever.

Anything that avoids all the lovely tropes and is competently made is rare af and also very watchable.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

You gotta be a fan to make fun of it in the first place.

Thems the rules.

Eh, it's more then that. Like a really nasty hatred, like... Laugh at an innocent person being murdered because they had a mall katana in the closet, kind of hate. It's really weird and offputting

Edit: It's me, the Anime Defender has logged on

Miserable Maid fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Miserable Maid posted:

Eh, it's more then that. Like a really nasty hatred, like... Laugh at an innocent person being murdered because they had a mall katana in the closet, kind of hate. It's really weird and offputting

No, I mean if you mock anime you're forcibly inducted into the fandom.

You think that's funny? Congrats! You now have a collection of mecha, only it's all titty-missle robot chicks.