Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Thouser's toys are gonna be entering circulation soon. Seems like they changed the color of his eyes. Also the ThousandJacker looks absolutely massive in proportion to the RKF, which excites me. Comically large swords need to be in more Rider shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Sorry to double-post, but in other, sadder news, we've lost a pioneer in the toku industry.
https://twitter.com/otakucalendarjp/status/1200388862662467585?s=19

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I decided to re-watch Kamen Rider W A to Z on the bus home from visiting my family for Thanksgiving and it was just as awesome as the first time I saw the movie years ago. Amazingly sick as hell Sakamoto action rivaling Movie War Mega Max, solid plot which is shockingly coherent and intriguing for a Kamen Rider movie, and full of great moments for every character. The whole deal with Philip wondering about what family means contrasted against Shotaro finally starting to move on from Sokichi's shadow is really well done. Can't wait until Sakamoto decides to direct another Rider movie because incredibly ambitious, dynamic action scenes, often with out-of-suit kicking rear end and taking names, is the best thing. He's really fuckin great at making finishers look flashy, suitably impressive, and occasionally epic too. Most of the CG is surprisingly not too bad for 2010 toku and used more creatively (and sparingly!) compared to W the TV series.

Really, every Kamen Rider director should be required to watch A to Z and Be the One before filming a movie, because they set the gold standard for the franchise on the big screen.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Meanwhile Zero-One is great as usual. Little Assassin makes a lot more sense after this episode, and I like how he pretty much took every lesson he was taught to their most obvious conclusion. It proves Horobi is an idiot though, he taught a robot to kill his master, what in the world did he expect he'd learn but betrayal? Also I'm scared of what's going to happen with Shining Hopper with the very much not happy winning music and Wazu being clearly terrified of Aruto using it.

Talking about great, my absolute praise to Over-Time for this one line. That is an incredible alliteration.

I love this detective so much :allears: I'd watch a series about him, and in the background Zero-One stuff happening.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Daddy Hiden's belt has been revealed. It's the Cycloneriser. The TTS voice for it is the best so far and I love it.
https://twitter.com/Tokullector/status/1201285187935637504
Kamen Rider will fight to protect humanity.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Trogglodyte posted:

Daddy Hiden's belt has been revealed. It's the Cycloneriser. The TTS voice for it is the best so far and I love it.
https://twitter.com/Tokullector/status/1201285187935637504
Kamen Rider will fight to protect humanity.

Man, that is an excellent looking repaint of the ForceRiser and that jingle is too brilliant.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Man, that is an excellent looking repaint of the ForceRiser and that jingle is too brilliant.

It's somehow managed to rival, if not slightly exceed, Shining Assault Hopper's "No chance of surviving this shot."
Speaking of no chance of surviving, we've got Assault Wolf incoming!

"Authorise! Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider. Shotrise! Ready Go! Assault Wolf!"
"No chance of surviving."

"Assault Charge! Magnetic Storm Burst!"

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
"When I shine, darkness fades" is amazing as hell too. Definitely up there in Rider history as one of the best ever. Zero-One is packed with excellent jingles, super fun belt sound effects, and overall superb sound design. Whoever decided on the Monkey Majik dudes for the belt voices is brilliant. I don't think it's been this consistently great since OOO and W.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 2, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

"When I shine, darkness fades" is amazing as hell too. Definitely up there in Rider history as one of the best ever. Zero-One is packed with excellent jingles, super fun belt sound effects, and overall superb sound design. Whoever decided on the Monkey Majik dudes for the belt voices is brilliant. I don't think it's been this consistently great since OOO and W.

Yes, Zero One looks set to join the pantheon of OOO and W. I hope they stick the landing.

Was I the only one who laughed when shining hopper is literally 2 grasshopper stacked on each other?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Was I the only one who laughed when shining hopper is literally 2 grasshopper stacked on each other?

It's a huge grasshopper riding a much bigger, bigger, shinier one. It's silly and I love it to death.

Also the suit is sick as gently caress.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

NachtSieger posted:

It's a huge grasshopper riding a much bigger, bigger, shinier one. It's silly and I love it to death.

Also the suit is sick as gently caress.

Can't wait for the next upgrade to be a third Grasshopper being ridden by the other two and the final upgrade being a big tower of animals ala the Musicians of Bremen.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Darth TNT posted:

The next upgrade after Shining Assault Hopper is going to be Metal Hopper and I'm thinking it's gonna be a massive army of metal grasshoppers swarming the Rising Hopper dude and they're all like what's up bro!!! Can't wait. :allears:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 2, 2019

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Can't wait for the next upgrade to be a third Grasshopper being ridden by the other two and the final upgrade being a big tower of animals ala the Musicians of Bremen.

Movie form is going to be a single, big grasshopper.

And when everyone is disappointed, it opens to reveal a swarm of smaller grasshoppers, and we will know that even if there is no God or Buddha, there is Kamen Rider.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Meanwhile, on Ultra Galaxy Fight, everyone discovers that their Zero-based forms kick rear end, most of the bad guys take a beating, but we've still yet to see how Ultraman Ribut will do against Tregear.

Whenever Tregear has suffered setbacks, it's been at the hands of composite Ultramen; Ribut doesn't (seem) to have any composite forms, but he always tries to dig up the most intelligence against his opponents; gonna be interesting to see how he handles Tregear.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

Yes, Zero One looks set to join the pantheon of OOO and W. I hope they stick the landing.

i didn't laugh until he transformed by catching them in a net an slamming them into his body

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I hope we haven't seen the last of Little Assassin because he was absolutely great. It's pretty rare that what seems like a throwaway MotW becomes a major threat like this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They gave the actor his flowers, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Number 5 is still around and can come back whenever.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's a Dodo-looking suit in the next episode, so it could be he's gonna be played by a different actor now? Technically everything that makes him him is in the key.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 3, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a different character, a third member of Metsuboujinrai.net, the Rai part, in fact.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Justin_Brett posted:

There's a Dodo-looking suit in the next episode, so it could be he's gonna be played by a different actor now?

Not only Dodo-looking, he's called Kamen Rider Ikazuchi, an alternate reading of rai (the fourth part of MetsuboJinrai), putting him on the same group as Horobi and Jin. Plus, he hasn't been shown on any catalogue.

That's clearly Little Assassin who ended up being far more popular than expected and was raised in importance. Or at least, a character that will take on his role.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

They gave the actor his flowers, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Number 5 is still around and can come back whenever.

Yup, Assassin-chan is super great and one of the most engaging surprises in Zero-One's top tier early run. I'm totally expecting him to come back with a kitbashed suit late in the series, considering how unexpectedly popular he's been.

Also loving how Shining Hopper is literally Aruto augmented by Zea's hyper efficient AI to calculate reality breaking scenarios at warp speed.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's clearly Little Assassin who ended up being far more popular than expected and was raised in importance. Or at least, a character that will take on his role.

I highly, highly doubt that. Episode 14 is far too early for fan response to play a role in episode production since the episode was almost certainly filmed a long while ago and Lil Assassin didn't even exist until episode 10. Much more likely that elevating Dodo to a Rider was the plan all along, considering how much time we spent with him as a Magia and how much effort was put into his design compared to the other monsters so far.

Also assuming Gai's whole plan with Thouser ties into escalating the arms race with Ikazuchi to implicate and take down Hiden. He's almost certainly helping Metsuboujinrai.net and playing both sides to further his/Zaia's goals.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 3, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I highly, highly doubt that. Episode 14 is far too early for fan response to play a role in episode production since the episode was almost certainly filmed a long while ago and Lil Assassin didn't even exist until episode 10. Much more likely that elevating Dodo to a Rider was the plan all along, considering how much time we spent with him as a Magia and how much effort was put into his design compared to the other monsters so far.

I find this hard to believe because our new character in question did not appear in any catalogue and his suit is a kitbash with a new helmet, all of which suggests he was not properly planned. Not to mention how the opening clearly has a slot reserved for a Rider in the last symbol of Kamen Rider 01, yet, we have two Riders now, and it's more likely to be Thouser.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I find this hard to believe because our new character in question did not appear in any catalogue and his suit is a kitbash with a new helmet, all of which suggests he was not properly planned. Not to mention how the opening clearly has a slot reserved for a Rider in the last symbol of Kamen Rider 01, yet, we have two Riders now, and it's more likely to be Thouser.

There's another likely reason for this: Ikazuchi's going to be a glorified monster-of-the-week/maybe an arc villain

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Saw an interesting tweet reported on a toku site

https://twitter.com/miho_kido/status/1200258449268887552

Apparently the Kuuga Cast still get together for a Gurangi Drinking event. Even Joe Odagiri (Kamen Rider Kuuga) attended. :unsmith:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blaze Dragon posted:

There's a very simple answer to this: Ikazuchi is a relatively minor character who they were never going to sell toys of, outside of maybe P-Bandai stuff. He will probably be dead soon, possibly before Thouser is introduced. The one and only purpose of the catalogs is to hype up new forms/characters to sell toys, so why bother previewing a Rider without toys who is going to die quickly?

Just think of it this way: How could they possibly have reshot episodes with close to zero lead time? There's just no way this is anything but deliberate all along. Bringing back fan favorites and/or retooling the plot based on fan feedback happens regularly... but I find it incredibly hard to believe under such exceptionally tight circumstances.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 4, 2019

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Just think of it this way: How could they possibly have reshot episodes with close to zero lead time?
Based on the filming leaks that showed Ikazuchi, this wasn't a reshoot or anything. They always film episodes roughly 4 weeks in advance. Given the filming set leaks first surfaced on the internet as of November 9th American-time, and the next episode is on December 8th Japan-time, it lines up reasonably well. Just wanted to verify this wasn't in any way a reshoot based on currently known knowledge of the "process" for a Kamen Rider show's production.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
No chance of surviving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKpfjq6x3A

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Well I was wrong. They definitely just sold the Assault Trigger by itself so they could double-dip. :v: That's why I'm not in marketing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Also assuming Gai's whole plan with Thouser ties into escalating the arms race with Ikazuchi to implicate and take down Hiden. He's almost certainly helping Metsuboujinrai.net and playing both sides to further his/Zaia's goals.

Considering that the current five Riders are all prominently displayed posing together in the opening, it’s pretty safe to say that they’re going to figure out that Gia’s playing them and team up permanently at some point to oppose him.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Latest news from Tsubu-Con is that they will reveal some information about the 2021 Shin Ultraman movie at the con’s grand opening ceremony. I’ll be there :c00l:

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Here's some weird toku news. For those who don't know, star of the Metal Hero show "World Ninja War Jiraiya" Takumi Tsutsui is sort of an actual ninja. As in, he's a high-level practitioner of a documented ninjitsu school dated back to the Oho/Chokan era (Roughly mid-12th century). Well, he's now been officially declared the 35th head/successor of that same ninjitsu school: Togakure-ryu.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/chaosrecipe/status/1202945029334941696?s=19

Here are the concept drivers at the current CSM exhibition.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
The concept belts are pretty neat. Starting from the left in counter-clockwise order:
-Projects lights and has a motion sensor so that it activates all of its fancy effects based on your transformation pose
-Has a high quality animation for the belt sequence, which is projected holographically onto the screen
-Aerosolizes water vapor for the ability to produce steam during the transformation
These all are basically the kind of tech they wanna experiment with in the future. There's too many overall limitations to each one to enter production - Motion sensor has to be picky and would have a limited set of options at all, hologram would be very fragile and have a similar potential window of limitations, steam belt is just a biological hazard due to potentially spreading mold after misuse by kids who obviously wouldn't know how to maintain it. But the overall core concepts for them are neat, and if that reboot/revival series Netabare-san mentioned is legit, I bet the design process they're working through with these concept belts will be applied to it.

Edit: Steam belt in action:
https://twitter.com/tks_yoshikawa/status/1202881351000526848

Trogglodyte fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 6, 2019

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oof I definitely wasn't feeling that episode of Taiga. It definitely cemented that they should simply shelve Belial (yeah yeah I know it was "false Belial" but still) and Zero for a while. It was fun seeing some of the old aliens, especially the Sran Alien who hasn't been seen since Max but in the end everything was a bit deus ex machina with the "here's the new toy power up, welp, see ya" and just kind of a mess overall. Welp, onto the 2-part finale.

Edit: I mean yeah, it's like when Seven showed up and gave Jack the bracelet, but being that this is right near the end of the series and all it just felt tacked on.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 7, 2019

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Yet another video of the prototype belts. This time it's the motion sensor belt.
https://twitter.com/AokinnguActZERO/status/1203138509176889344

Edit: And here's the hologram projection belt. It has its own jingle, interesting.
https://twitter.com/yaranaika6356/status/1203125121927409664

Trogglodyte fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 7, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
hologram belt looks almost like there's a smartphone sized gap which seems like a neat concept for a budget belt. Just have a smartphone in the middle playing the jingle and displaying the necessary graphics. Changes can be triggered via scanning graphics or barcodes with the front facing camera.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

hologram belt looks almost like there's a smartphone sized gap which seems like a neat concept for a budget belt. Just have a smartphone in the middle playing the jingle and displaying the necessary graphics. Changes can be triggered via scanning graphics or barcodes with the front facing camera.

It reminds me a lot of the Den-O belt. A nice, simple design that would be easy to put SFX on top of. You could have objects emerge from the window, or do the thing where the projected image of a turbine or whatever "extends" out of the belt and makes like an IXA-style projected suit transformation. There's lots of possibilities.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Talking about belts,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HspaN-dsGIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This person took a bunch of photos at The Henshin Now event. Scope the thread!

https://twitter.com/rabbitank/status/1203227663386562560?s=20