Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

absolutely nothing has happened

Also, he wrote a blog post about how important it was that nothing happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

maltesh posted:

Also, he wrote a blog post about how important it was that nothing happened.

holy poo poo there is so much to unpack here

the biggest of which is that Mookie thinks he's an authority on writing

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Rotten Red Rod posted:

holy poo poo there is so much to unpack here

the biggest of which is that Mookie thinks he's an authority on writing

He used to go to any con that would invite him to do a panel on writing unique heroes and memorable villains. I remember a year he did not go to one of these when he wasn't invited to do a panel.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Didn’t he basically say that he thought that physical handicaps were good examples of character flaws? I never followed DD before it finished, so I’m only half remembering this stuff secondhand.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
He's almost onto something but then he actually says "It's easy to find that perfect middle ground."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Llab posted:

He used to go to any con that would invite him to do a panel on writing unique heroes and memorable villains. I remember a year he did not go to one of these when he wasn't invited to do a panel.

He also drew a picture of himself receiving a standing ovation for one of his panels (the audience is all off frame, clapping wildly).

The man is extremely self-absorbed.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

I like how Snout doesn't question the random orc loving with the magic page and simply gives him a :q: face.

rudecyrus fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 6, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No DiAlOgUe

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He is, in the strictest, most boring sense of the term... still technically correct.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You know what, I know he’s doing a unbelievably lazy “no dialogue” thing here, but he’s really passing up an opportunity. Because Snout could easily talk here, he’s Deaf not Mute. And if Mookie knew any actual deaf people, he could play with this by having the speech bubble be odd, or have randomly bold/thin words to convey being unsure about pitch/volume.

....I’m writing fanfic again, gently caress. It’s just so easy while looking at this nothing to want to make it any way interesting.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 6, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

But then that would raise questions. How did Snout learn to speak if he's deaf? Does that mean he used to be able to hear? How did he lose his hearing? Was it an accident, or did someone-

Oh no, I'm doing it, too!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

PMush Perfect posted:

But then that would raise questions. How did Snout learn to speak if he's deaf? Does that mean he used to be able to hear? How did he lose his hearing? Was it an accident, or did someone-

Oh no, I'm doing it, too!

I think it’s so easy because Mookie really hasn’t developed Snout at all yet. We know next to nothing about his life, and he certainly hasn’t done enough to establish himself as a real character.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 6, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

He used to read/post on the Keenspot forums for the comic when it was hosted there. That place turned to mockery not long after the Storm of Souls arc, iirc. Mookie kind of withdrew from any fan engagement like that after a while. There's a pretty consistent pattern of the sincere discussion places turning to derision after a while that's kind of strange but also a bit of an interesting phenomenon for the comic.

Hahahaha holy poo poo that forum is STILL going and STILL hates his loving comic http://forums.keenspot.com/viewforum.php?f=73

From August:

Sonoran_Simpleton posted:

Mookie, darling, baby, light of my eye..... I've said this before elsewhere and ill say it here once again: Literally having your characters write stuff out diegetically does not make it not dialogue. Also I've noticed that you traced or used a compass to draw the ship because you designed a big giant orb spaceship but cant free hand draw a circle.... Why do this to yourself, man ?

They apparently moved to Discord too lmao.

Fister Roboto posted:

He also drew a picture of himself receiving a standing ovation for one of his panels (the audience is all off frame, clapping wildly).

The man is extremely self-absorbed.

Thank you waffleimages script writer! Here we go:

Also I forgot how unintentionally funny this one was:

E: oh they doubled them up, I meant the top one but the bottom one was also pretty unintentionally funny.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mookie, it's not a standing ovation if they're getting up to leave the room.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

make them boyfriends you loving coward

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Oh I just remembered, during the Very Special Episode about how alterists aren't all bad Luna found out that even though her womb would bear no fruit, the eggs in her ovaries were extra magic and if they were implanted in someone else they'd take on the other person's DNA or something, and it'd be great for other infertile couples or let a surrogate carry a baby for her.

E- Also, they found out Dominic was infertile too so good work undermining any special sacrifice Luna had to bear for revitalizing the expansive plains of a nation

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 6, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo that forum is STILL going and STILL hates his loving comic

wow can you imagine, no way
:thunk:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Safari Disco Lion posted:

make them boyfriends you loving coward
just how many people are waiting to see if chekov's cock fires

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

rudecyrus posted:

I like how Snout doesn't question the random orc loving with the magic page and simply gives him a :q: face.

I’m actually...interested? In what this Orc wants. Obviously not the pages since they‘ve clearly been worthless this whole time, but maybe Snout will unwittingly lead him back to the Ink Witch and there’ll be tension as we see our hero traveling with a known danger.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheHan posted:

I’m actually...interested? In what this Orc wants. Obviously not the pages since they‘ve clearly been worthless this whole time, but maybe Snout will unwittingly lead him back to the Ink Witch and there’ll be tension as we see our hero traveling with a known danger.

Yeah I'm at least vaguely interested in what the motivations of this character are, because at least it's a character with some kind of agenda besides Snout, whose priorities make no sense. It would have made sense to introduce him before Snout started finding the pages or Ink Witch, to establish a credible threat and give Snout an actual motivation to collect them.

Huh, I like the villain of this comic more than the hero. Where has that happened before?

Also, again, where the gently caress is the Ink Witch? Is that her ship? If so, why did she destroy his house? Has she been kidnapped? If so, why is her priority the pages and not her rescue?

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 6, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I made a bingo card.

I'm closer than I thought I was. Yellow is questionable or "correct in spirit but incorrect by the letter."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think the suicide tree counts for anticlimactic villain defeat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fair! Then we're getting real close to our first bingo. Do you think that also counts for tone-deaf suicide themes, or is that a bit of a stretch?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You can mark "website breaks", it's still stuck in mobile mode for me, and I think a few other people have had that same issue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think the tree counts for "only fun character is supposed to be bad", because it was the closest thing we had to a fun character.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No there's just no fun characters in the story yet

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

AI Dungeon 2
AI Dungeon 2 is a completely AI generated text adventure built with OpenAI's largest GPT-2 model. It's a first of it's kind game that allows you to enter and will react to any action you can imagine.

Everything in bold I wrote, everything else is generated.

Your name is Dominic Deegan, Oracle for Hire. You live in some backwater village
where all the jocks don't understand you. One you walk out of your house and
see
a bunch of people standing around talking about how they're going to kill
each other today
> Say "You're going to waste your lives that I so generously saved over and over? How, how ungrateful."

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you if you won't listen!"

The crowd laughs at this remark. They laugh at it because it's true. If you had
listened to me, we would have been able to save yourselves from death
> Cast a spell to make a big scary illusion that scares them into doing what I say

You cast a spell to make an ugly giant with a sword come to life. It walks up
to the crowd and starts screaming at them. The crowd backs away scared.
> Look for jocks or evil babes with huge boobs in the crowd

You walk through the crowd looking for jocks or evil babes with huge ****. You
find none. You see a few guys with large ***** and some girls who are wearing
skimpy clothing, but nothing else of interest.

> Lecture the girls in skimpy clothes about being sluts while imagining how they would look dead on the ground with their asses in the air

You tell the girls in skimpy clothing to get out of here. They don't understand
why you want to do this to them. You explain that you need to be alone now that
you've found the truth. You then grab one girl by her and start spanking her
*** hard
> Say "I guess you really got it IN THE END!"

You say "I guess you really got it IN THE END!" Then you pull out your **** and
shoot a load all over the place!

> Say "I just saved your life, you should be thankful to me!"

You say "I just saved your life, you should be thankful to me!" Then you throw
your load in the girl's face and run off laughing.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

TheHan posted:

imma go with...

Space Orc. He's the ship's pilot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

monday: orc feels bad about intending to hurt snout so he doesnt.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

AI Dungeon 2
AI Dungeon 2 is a completely AI generated text adventure built with OpenAI's largest GPT-2 model. It's a first of it's kind game that allows you to enter and will react to any action you can imagine.

Everything in bold I wrote, everything else is generated.

[...]

> Say "I just saved your life, you should be thankful to me!"

You say "I just saved your life, you should be thankful to me!" Then you throw
your load in the girl's face and run off laughing.

Looks like it's been used by a lot of pervs with rape fantasies if that's the kind of things it has learned to generate.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Looks like it's been used by a lot of pervs with rape fantasies if that's the kind of things it has learned to generate.
I exist in a constant state of being disappointed in but unsurprised by the internet.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah it went to that pretty quick alright. It doesn't always do that, but it does come up out of the blue sometimes.

I've been messing around with it a lot this evening and I quite a few stories where it didn't happen at all. There was one where every single character wanted to kiss and hug me, it was pretty wholesome (well, except for all the booze that kept showing up).

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Is there a limit to how long the stories can go or does it end when you decide you've had enough fun and close it down? Seems to be slowing down at the start of my adventure.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No limit, but sometimes it will break and just start spouting gibberish. If things slow down, direct the game by saying you're moving to a new location, or try talking or announce you're looking for a certain thing. Remember you can type anything.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Fish Noise posted:

just how many people are waiting to see if chekov's cock fires

If Mookie wants clout for showing some dick there better be just shlong EVERYWHERE on every single page.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

At this point it's Chekov's hardcore loving. He declared his intent to draw such and you can bet the moment the Ink Witch is actually a character, he'll start railroading her and Snout to the bone zone. Because Snout is a Mookie, Ink Witch is big tiddy goth gf, and Mookie horrrrrrrrrrny.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Cat Mattress posted:

It's based on http://chooseyourstory.com/ so pretty much.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

> Say "I guess you really got it IN THE END!"

You say "I guess you really got it IN THE END!" Then you pull out your **** and
shoot a load all over the place!
Well that escalated quickly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's probably my fault for saying "boobs", the game assumed I wanted to go down that road based on the association.