Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think beyond Tommu I don’t want to really vote anyone this second lunch thing - ASF seems to be posting more for now and some of it seems very sincere and attentive. Tommu has been around less and less and what they posted to begin with wasn’t very substantive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I don't buy their claim and

Did RF even make a claim?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Can we just no lunch already and br content with the 2 dead 1 scum and maybe 1 other scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

It seems a little OP that scum could have a power to just make every day have multiple lunches, like an Anti-Governor

more lunches is actually pro-town, just ask anyone in Shine IV

anyway, I think ASF outing suspicions of RF having a protective role, then acting as if RF had already claimed might be something close to a scumslip. Scum might be all talking it over how they might not be able to kill binus today if whatever RF is hinting at turns out to be protective.

##vote ASF

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Can we just no lunch already and br content with the 2 dead 1 scum and maybe 1 other scum

Agreed. It’s only d2. ##vote RF everyone else no lunch imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the really interesting thing now will be to see if anyone swoops in to hammer Tommu to save ASF from that possibility :sun:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tbf if you didn’t deduce RF hinting that he had a protective role you weren’t paying attention, which probably could have been spun into scummy too. That’s a bad point I think, Bif

I’m not gonna vote RF rn, binus and I’m honestly baffled you would??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol nevermind I remember why, binus

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Uh?

I thought RF asking Binus to vote for him and only Binus to vote for him was a pretty clear inference of some kind of protective role after Binus claimed investigative? Like that poo poo was crystal clear to me. I don't believe it, but it seemed obvious. And seemed like an obvious scum play. Claim you can protect Binus, Binus then isn't nk'd and RF gets credit

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

That Hal vote came together really quick this morning. I sure hope he was scum.

I’m not yet sure what to think about this morning’s convo about RF. It seemed pretty clear to me at the time RF posted that he was hinting at a protective role and it’s somewhat baffling to me that was missed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A Sometimes Food posted:

Uh?

I thought RF asking Binus to vote for him and only Binus to vote for him was a pretty clear inference of some kind of protective role after Binus claimed investigative? Like that poo poo was crystal clear to me. I don't believe it, but it seemed obvious. And seemed like an obvious scum play. Claim you can protect Binus, Binus then isn't nk'd and RF gets credit

Fuuuuuck. I hadn’t considered this. Why would a passive doc even doc the people who VOTED for them? Isn’t that helping keep alive the people who think most ill of you?

I guess the only other way to do it would be to passively doc the people YOU are voting for at day’s end, but then that’s a counter-weight to needing to vote to lynch scum.

I dunno maybe I’m gaming the mod again

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tommu has made one post this game day that I can find and it was a vote on Hum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IllegallySober posted:

Tommu has made one post this game day that I can find and it was a vote on Hum.

##vote Tommu

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I haven't claimed anything but speculating out loud about my role sure helps scum figure out their plan.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I haven't claimed anything but speculating out loud about my role sure helps scum figure out their plan.

I mean I

1. don't believe you

2. thought it was really obvious until Bif was apparently confused

Oh also :redhammer:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The day is over.

Exactly one person died today.

Hal, Town-aligned Sleuth, is dead.

Town Sleuth
If you are killed at night, the number of scum remaining in the game will be publicly posted.

It is now Night 2. Scum, please choose your kill quickly (once discord servers un-gently caress themselves)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(also humalong died earlier but shush)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Retro Futurist, Town-aligned Merciful, was killed at night.

Town Merciful
Anybody voting you at the end of the day is protected from harm the following night. This also applies if you are executed.

You win when there are no longer any scum players alive in the game.

Day 3 will begin as soon as I make sure all those anonymous votes aren't in votefinder anymore.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Dancer, IllegallySober, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, Tommu

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

mod-approved
10:25 EST

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Hash tag not scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Dancer, IllegallySober, Sandwolf, Tommu

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 10th, 2019 at noon EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

edit: ok there i fixed the deadline

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

You fuckos thought you could get rid of me: a town player that easy didnt u.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: bogus

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tommu posted:

Hash tag not scum

lol

[b]##vote Tommu[/quote]

Nothing's changed. Hell I feel town would have said if they were bulletproof.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Blugh

##vote Tommu

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

##vote sandwolf

1) boring case on me built around me not poasting

2) lovely last vote.

3) wolfs dont like sand

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

A Sometimes Food posted:

Blugh

##vote Tommu

Lol what a terrible post.

I am town

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

A Sometimes Food posted:

lol

[b]##vote Tommu

Nothing's changed. Hell I feel town would have said if they were bulletproof.
[/quote]

Given my exact role: no.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I would like Sober to be the vote that puts me at -3. What do you all think

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Anyway im off 2 the airport bbl

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

I would like Sober to be the vote that puts me at -3. What do you all think

I'd prefer Sandwolf at this point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but ASF would still be great to test too, of course.

Sandwolf posted:

tbf if you didn’t deduce RF hinting that he had a protective role you weren’t paying attention, which probably could have been spun into scummy too. That’s a bad point I think, Bif

I’m not gonna vote RF rn, binus and I’m honestly baffled you would??

A Sometimes Food posted:

Uh?

I wondered about those implications too, doesn't mean I spewed about it to the thread or acted like he'd already claimed. And calling it an "obvious scum play" sounds like ASF seriously overplaying his hand.

Obvious? Really? If RF had been scum, he'd have left a cop alive just to get town cred as a doctor? Even if the scum think they know how to dodge binus' cop vote zone theyd have to also dodge public pressure to be the ones who cast those votes, and also deal with town reads still coming through even if they succeed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wish I'd been able to post that before somebody hammered the way less scummy lookin lurker

but yeah, Sandwolf would prolly be better to cop test cause ASF I feel sure enough about even without one. Sandwolf has been way more active and could more easily slip through the net selling himself as just misguided town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh, one other thing I think you should demand, binus

whoever casts the -3 vote on you should also unvote within the same post. Looking a little too close to potential MYLO/LYLO for my tastes rn and don't want no one doing a scumhammer

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What is the case on me? That I talked about RF’s softclaim? The incredibly basic, straightforward one? Cop basically confirms himself in thread and someone else all of a sudden thinks that person should end the day voting for them?

That’s a really annoying piece of obvious logic to be lynched on.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

In a passive ability game I can’t imagine Steak giving scum a lynchproof ability.

Tommu you’re 3P aren’t you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Sandwolf posted:

In a passive ability game I can’t imagine Steak giving scum a lynchproof ability.

Tommu you’re 3P aren’t you

How about you put me at -3 so I can learn your alignment. Sound good to you?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

How about you put me at -3 so I can learn your alignment. Sound good to you?

Oh yes at once sir!

I’m happy to do your -3 ish but I can’t make two votes appear from nowhere can I

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

What is the case on me? That I talked about RF’s softclaim? The incredibly basic, straightforward one? Cop basically confirms himself in thread and someone else all of a sudden thinks that person should end the day voting for them?

That’s a really annoying piece of obvious logic to be lynched on.

nah even if you're mischaracterising it that was more what I was on ASF about, you conveniently deciding to hammer Tommu right when ASF was in trouble is what has me looking at you now! You'll note though that I wanted binus to check you instead of ASF though cause I think ASF is scummy enough to just go for it without waiting for cop data. But keep squirmin mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I decided to hammer Tommu because it was hammer Tommu or let deadline pass.

I had been advocating Tommu as a lurker lynch since like d2.

If ASF was at -1 I would have hammered him too, honestly, but the difference between the two was ASF was around at deadline and actually giving substantive opinions. Tommu just disappeared all day and still, since then, hasn’t said anything of merit.